Sat, Aug 30, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Zipcar, Inc. (ZIP) Message Board

dbtunr 526 posts  |  Last Activity: 12 hours ago Member since: Nov 26, 1999
  • just authorized an additional 30M share buyback. This is on top of 15M still authorized for 45M total. ADP has 481M shares.

  • Reply to

    huge lines reported for Kennedy coins

    by dbtunr Aug 5, 2014 10:17 AM
    dbtunr dbtunr Aug 5, 2014 8:41 PM Flag

    PCGS Certifies First Six Gold Proof Kennedy Half Dollars
    August 5, 2014 By Coin Update

    Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) has certified the first six dual-dated 1964-2014 Gold Proof Kennedy Half Dollars sold on the opening morning of the American Numismatic Association 2014 Chicago World’s Fair of MoneySM. The first four were each graded PCGS PR70 DCAM, and the other two were graded PCGS PR69 DCAM. PCGS also is receiving submissions of other gold Kennedy proof half dollars purchased by determined buyers.

  • Reply to

    Durafit news

    by billyteex1 Aug 5, 2014 10:18 AM
    dbtunr dbtunr Aug 5, 2014 4:48 PM Flag

    throw in $1M for the new filter development and inventory build up with no sales to account for.

    I also think on a fully diluted basis there are more like 15M shares. The employee options, etc, get counted once you are profitable.

    Take a look at their 10K for lease payments. $300k number sticks in my head. Why don't you verifiy?

  • Reply to

    What we want to see friday

    by billyteex1 Aug 5, 2014 4:09 PM
    dbtunr dbtunr Aug 5, 2014 4:34 PM Flag

    exactly. To say that Honda wanted these execs is crazy. This is like the 5th exec team since Honda was involved. The company has also reversed split 2X and has had endless dilution. This is not investing.

    Good post!

  • Reply to

    What we want to see friday

    by billyteex1 Aug 5, 2014 4:09 PM
    dbtunr dbtunr Aug 5, 2014 4:21 PM Flag

    btw - shipping in June means increased costs. They had to fill the channel and inventory and account for expenses.

  • Reply to

    What we want to see friday

    by billyteex1 Aug 5, 2014 4:09 PM
    dbtunr dbtunr Aug 5, 2014 4:15 PM Flag

    I have no shares with no intention of doing anything

  • Reply to

    OOPS

    by littlegiant99 Jul 30, 2014 8:40 PM
    dbtunr dbtunr Aug 5, 2014 3:55 PM Flag

    1/2 warrant per share. not 1. So 7.5M total or 26% dilution.

  • Reply to

    33% dilution

    by dbtunr Jul 25, 2014 6:10 PM
    dbtunr dbtunr Aug 5, 2014 3:54 PM Flag

    OK. 1/2 warrant per share. So 2.5M warrants. I was wrong. That is still 26% dilution

  • Reply to

    33% dilution

    by dbtunr Jul 25, 2014 6:10 PM
    dbtunr dbtunr Aug 5, 2014 3:53 PM Flag

    you do want to include warrants. I did see a mistake in my math though which I will admit. You get 1/2 warrant for every share. So total dilution is 26%, not 33%

  • Reply to

    Ding, ding, ding...

    by avegasdude777 Aug 5, 2014 3:21 PM
    dbtunr dbtunr Aug 5, 2014 3:41 PM Flag

    not this time. With them just selling shares at 78c that earn a 6% yield until converted plus a warrant, why buy here? They will need to sell more shares within 6 months if the warrants are not exercised. There is no permitting news on the horizon. RVM is years ahead. There will only be one mine at most.

    I see no reason to buy here even at these levels.

  • Reply to

    Woodfrog was right!

    by grandslammer222 Aug 5, 2014 2:27 PM
    dbtunr dbtunr Aug 5, 2014 2:44 PM Flag

    I agree with that. 5% chance it goes higher. 50% it does nothing. 45% it continues lower. Those are not good odds.

  • Reply to

    Woodfrog was right!

    by grandslammer222 Aug 5, 2014 2:27 PM
    dbtunr dbtunr Aug 5, 2014 2:38 PM Flag

    in this market, billy would have to be right on profit, right on a good outlook, AND the market would have to respond as he hopes. They could make a profit and still do nothing. They could lose and go even lower.

  • with Billions in debt, and a debt load that exceeds their market cap, these jokers only managed to make $24M? what a joke. With rates about to rise, when will they declare BK again?

  • Reply to

    huge lines reported for Kennedy coins

    by dbtunr Aug 5, 2014 10:17 AM
    dbtunr dbtunr Aug 5, 2014 1:42 PM Flag

    Mint price is $1240 for a 3/4 oz gold piece. They are selling for $3K, ungraded. So a wait in line nets you $1760. Not bad for a days work

  • Reply to

    Durafit news

    by billyteex1 Aug 5, 2014 10:18 AM
    dbtunr dbtunr Aug 5, 2014 1:38 PM Flag

    I said I was going to sell it within a few days time. I did. I got out ahead. You are already buried 10% and trying to talk it up.

  • Reply to

    Durafit news

    by billyteex1 Aug 5, 2014 10:18 AM
    dbtunr dbtunr Aug 5, 2014 1:21 PM Flag

    liar. the stock was $2.30 when you said you bought. You really are spandex. Can you not keep track of what you even said just a few days ago?

    For all you know the HQ move will cost them a $300K this last quarter. It is expensive to move a building full of people. Plus they had a year left on the lease. They probably had to pay that upfront when they moved out as there are typically clauses that stipulate that.

    It doesn't matter if I am 1-1 or 2-0. I made a small amount of money but discovered I did not want to invest in this company. So that DD saved me lots of money, time, and aggravation. In the universe of tens of thousands of stocks to invest in, I can't figure out why you would waste your time with this

  • Reply to

    Durafit news

    by billyteex1 Aug 5, 2014 10:18 AM
    dbtunr dbtunr Aug 5, 2014 11:43 AM Flag

    why would anyone retrofit an 8+ year old truck? Ship it out of state. The retrofit business is less than everyone thinks.

    You bash the stock then you buy some and then pump it. That is simply shameless. It shows little moral fiber.

    They still have the patent in the can PR that they will use once they put out the huge quarter earnings loss. You heard it here first.

  • Reply to

    Durafit news

    by billyteex1 Aug 5, 2014 10:18 AM
    dbtunr dbtunr Aug 5, 2014 11:36 AM Flag

    when this stock was going good, any PR put out by the company would send it higher. It is no longer reacting they way it did. I would not touch it.

  • Reply to

    huge lines reported for Kennedy coins

    by dbtunr Aug 5, 2014 10:17 AM
    dbtunr dbtunr Aug 5, 2014 11:32 AM Flag

    First four gold Kennedys go for $20,000
    Posted on August 5, 2014 by Dave Harper

    If you could earn $20,000 by waiting all night outside the convention center hosting the American Numismatic Association’s World Fair of Money in Rosemont, Ill., you would probably do it.
    That’s the value of being first in line to buy the proof gold Kennedy half dollars that the Mint was to put on sale at the show at 11 a.m. central time.

    Waiting in line was simply the first step of a gauntlet of requirements, but it was something that Nick Yadgarov, a coin collector from Los Angeles willingly did. He was accompanied by his girlfriend, Callie Hohlfeld, his sister Rina Maya and his brother Daniel Yadgarov.

    The four showed up at the main entrance of the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center at 11 p.m. Aug. 4, the night before the coins were to go on sale. They obtained the coveted first four places in a line that ultimately stretched a couple of blocks down River Road. That was the first step to obtain the gold coins.

    The line of people was to be admitted to a holding area outside the bourse room of the convention center. In this holding area at approximately 10:30 a.m. the Mint was to give out tickets entitling the bearer to buy one of the proof gold Kennedy halves.

    Only 500 tickets were to be given out on the first day of sales. Crowd estimates by the Rosemont police and others put the number waiting in line at around 1,100 persons.

    Dealer Bob Campbell of Salt Lake City, Utah, estimated that as many as three-quarters of the people in line had been bused in by dealers who had hired them for $100 or $200 apiece to make the purchases for them.

    There was no way to confirm, that, but what could be confirmed was that many of the people in line did not have the proper credentials to be admitted to the bourse floor where the U.S. Mint booth was located. That offered hope to those toward the end who did have convention credentials.

  • Reply to

    OOPS

    by littlegiant99 Jul 30, 2014 8:40 PM
    dbtunr dbtunr Aug 5, 2014 11:27 AM Flag

    29M outstanding shares
    new shares issued; 5M + 1 warrant for each share
    new diluted share count is 39M

    How in your world do you get less than 10%?

    Forget the warrants. They just issued 5M shares. For it to be less than 10%, ignoring the warrants, there would need to be over 50M existing shares. Ignoring warrants, the dilution is 17.25%. The total dilution with warrants is 34.5%

    I might be "wrong", but the share price is sure acting like I am right.

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.
Burger King Worldwide, Inc.
NYSEFri, Aug 29, 2014 4:02 PM EDT
Synaptics Inc.
NasdaqGSFri, Aug 29, 2014 4:00 PM EDT