yeah cause seeking alpha knows all. when self driving cars work, there will never be a need for a rental car again. Ya heard it here first
Uber/Lyft will put the rental car business out of business. Why deal with the hassle of renting a car when you can summon a car whenever you need it and don't need to worry about parking, insurance, filling up the gas tank, the paperwork hassles, the 100's of upgrade questions they ask you.
Icahn will sell his stake in Hertz now that he has taken a stake in Lyft.
Sent this to Liolios on 5/14. Still no response.
- Andrea Jacobs was apparently fired. She was highlighted as one of 2 key hires. What happened? She was in charge of processes yet the VAC4 came out and now has to be re-worked. Is she the fall guy?
- WalMart spare parts have distorted sales numbers. Taking them out, the company barely grew. Why? Late last year a $14M, 3 yr deal renewal was signed with WalMart. Are the spare parts part of that $14M? If so, that implies a huge price concession to keep that business.
- Why did they not come public with the "strategic alliance"? If someone offered to buy them, why didn't they take it? The stock has languished for years.
- other M2M competitors are growing at 30%. Taking out spare parts IDSY grew 3%. Something is clearly amiss.
- Why no public announcement on Avis? Jagid and the BOD were fired for their handling of Avis yet here these clowns are going right back to that playbook.
- overall a very disappointing quarter considering that 2/3 through the quarter they said everything was so great. Are these guys sane or just looting the treasury and thus blind?
- cash is running dangerously low. What is their plan to rectify that? They mentioned they switched shipping companies, travel restrictions, and some other lame things, what about layoffs? What about paycuts to senior management?
did it say they were an "exclusive" supplier to NYC? Will it make them profitable? Does it change the $5M/yr forecast for Durafit or was that already baked in?
spinel is unproven. New accounts have no financial specs. Durafit will only be $5M by year end and is offset by declining retrofit sales. I think the article is spot on.
Is there really anything in there you did not already know but were someone just not admitting or hoping it would go away?
is it not possible a superior offer could emerge? Is it out of the realm of possibility that someone would offer $30M for 2B lbs of copper and 350M ozs of silver? We have not heard from Silver Wheaton through all this.
Hertz and Avis are crazy with their pricing. I use Enterprise. They pick you up and drop you off. couldn't be easier and it's so much less
before or after they need to dilute to raise funds for the construction?
You really crow about $2700? I spent that on commissions last quarter. wow, you really are a small time guy
I've had to water already. Usually don't have to do that until late June. My neighbors have their sprinklers going already too. I would expect that means heavier water usage.
That is why they spent $669K going through the books of some potential company? They would have used the Shelf Offering of shares to distribute shares in IDSY to the acquired company shareholders?
I am befuddled by all this.
I have written Liolios some questions and have heard nothing. They are useless
How does this guy even find his way to the office every day? Selling something at a loss? Are you kidding me?
Is this guy actually sane? The TAMs margin of 17% vs last years 42% was affected by a $1M loss on spare parts sale to WalMart.
What a friggin doooooo oooosh
I calculate the spare parts of $1.1M are sold at a $1M LOSS.
10Q states TAMs margins at 17.2% vs 42.3% last year. That means on the $6M in TAMs sales, they made a little over $1M. Take out the $1.1M in spare parts out of the $6M in TAMs revenue, you get $4.9M in TAMs pro-forma revenue. If margins were same as last year, they make $2M. I can only conclude they sold spare parts at a LOSS
Great friggin job Norm.
1 developer, 7 months. What is that $100K or $200K? Then a 1 year pilot on a few K of the 30K vehicles. Then requirements will change. Back to square one.
Avis is useless
good. That is what should have happened. That was nothing but a shakedown by some local hayseeds. They should be made to pay court costs as well.