The story today on The Street, was not by chance. I believe they are timing the release of the reserve estimate and should come out soon. Also, they took down the old corporate presentation from the website - expect updated presentation soon.
MJM, I had similarly complained of the lack of communication on part of management and glad to see management has responded. I believe the company is in a good position and only hope management takes advantage of current commodity prices and strikes a deal on the continued development of Koko. However, I am convinced that the SECO deal was never a serious or real potential deal, and that the LOI and extension (just 20 days ago) was some sort of ploy by management. I don't know their intent, but I hope it served its purpose. We are hurt in the short-term.
Some good news. Communicated with Craig today and company will resume conference calls starting with call on YE 2013. Glad to see mgmt is taking steps to communicate with investors. His email to me below:
As part of the Company's ongoing corporate communication program, Dejour will resume periodic conference calls including project updates. The first of which will coincide with the year end 2013 results. Further event details will be provided as appropriate.
(NYSE MKT:DEJ, TSX:DEJ)
598-999 Canada Place
Vancouver, BC V6C 3E1
I don't do it to affect your shares, only to protect my own investment. For those like PGM (I don't have your email), who no longer have skin in the game, you are not likely a candidate for the class related to this latest disclosure, because you did not rely on the disclousre. For those like me, who added shares based on the releases, that's a different story. Like I said, I will give the company time to remedy this situation (through release of reserve estimates), I know they recognize I am raising a valid concern.
As a long term holder, I'm tired of the vague, bogus-like releases. I warned last week that I thought the SECO deal was bogus to appease NYSE MKT and company would issue release saying LOI would lapse and put positive spin (ie, board did not approve).
I'm very close to filing suit following release of reserve assessment which should be out before end of month.
Craig, you know who I am - so if you are reading this post, call me. This is not an idle threat.
I can't disagree as to the topic line, but I believe my underlying post will prove accurate, and agree that if such is the result, the actions of DEJ's management will have been "disingenuous" and "digusting," as we have repeatedly seen over the past couple of years. I am holding long, but expecting there to be no deal. Good day sir and good luck with your investment.
is what I believe, and that there was never a real deal - only a show piece to appease the NYSE MKT. I think they have dragged this SECO news along until the reserve estimate release of the 51-101 assessment, which will show a significant increase in reserves. That way they can have a positive release (big % increase) and footnote that there is no deal and perhaps even spin it as a positive, saying there is no deal, because the company's valuation has significantly increased. This will keep us hovering around current price for another 6 mos.