I'm no expert but understand that KMP yield trades 4+% higher than prevailing 10 year treasuries (or something like that). If rates are rising, the price should fall as with bonds. If so, then more drops to come. Comments?
Or is there some news I am missing?
Can anyone tell me the difference between these two tickers? I've searched the web but find nothing on the difference or relationship between the two. Thanks for any reponses.
Talk of Fed tapering will raise Fed rates and require KMI, KMP, etc. risk premium yield to be higher. All dividend stocks will be dropping. No reason to sell if you're in for the dividend since KMI and KMP are once again raising their dividend.
Gutsy - I don't have the fortitude to purchase a stock after such a run up. I end up waiting for a big dip that often never comes - ugh. I bought 4K shares around 4 after it stabilized after that run up to 6 a while back. I'll have to look into those calls also. Best of luck!
This is a good board and I appreciate the insights. I own a little of KMP and EPD (for the dividends and am pretty hands off). Comparing the stock charts of KMP and EPD, can anyone provide some insight into the higher price performance of EPD vs KMP over the last year?
Yeah - it's a bummer. I bought a few years ago at about 45 so I've only roughly doubled my money. And with that cost basis I'm only earning 10% annually with the divvies. Buy at about 80 then hold - if that suites your investment objectives
I've done the same with other stocks but am sitting on 4K shares of ONVO long term after covering my original cost by selling 4K when it went from 2 to 6. Just pick up a few hundred shares on each drop. I think this company has long term potential.
Thanks dou - I have a 7.95 transaction / commission fee at Fidelity. When you trade at Scottrade is there not a currency conversion charge listed anywhere? It's that charge I'm wondering if it can be avoided. This isn't an ADR so maybe the only way is to setup an account with a broker on the foreign exchange and trade in local currency.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks roaming - I bought again at 26.20 as it appears to be trending back up - I'll look at buying more after I see how this HPT reacts in after hours trading. Then I'll just hold for the dividend.
3D for prothesis is entirely different from the 3D layering of functioning cell structures that ONVO is focusing on. software for 3D for any "object" has been around for a while, and to 3D laser image a person's body to ensure the prothesis will be a good fit. Then 3D print the prothesis.
I held some HPT in my kids college account for the divy. Sold a few days ago thinking it was topping and may be subject to a drop on any iffy news. Got lucky. I'm not a hospitality expert and don't know what to make of this NH Hoteles investment (considering some comments about that on this board). Any advice on a new point to buy? Ease back in now?
I trade through Fidelity. I'm paying $50 currency exchange fee with each AMAVF purchase. At least on the 100 shares I've traded. So that's a premium, in effect, of $.50 per share. Is there a way to avoid this charge?
My apologies for being uninformed. I bought a while after the Japan earthquake when pundits said uranium stocks were as low as they could go. Then Germany bailed on nuclear power. I'm down 30% (originally 40%). typically don't hold after a 10% loss after some hard lessons learned but did this time. Been to busy at work and watching other stocks and there's the ever present reporting that uranium is due to surge. So what's holding CCJ and other uranium stocks back so much? Cheap natural gas as an alternative, clean fuel, new regulatory issues??
Good point. But I felt the good earnings were already factored into the AMAVF price. But then again, years ago I also bought Apple on a dip to 50 and sold at 100 thinking I'd just had a nice run!