By the way .. PETDX pays div's usually every quarter. Last one was 5 cents March 21. Varies quite a bit. Last December i got close to 60 cents including the special end of year div. The only way to play this one is to buy for the long term. Or at least til the end of the year. Rich
AGNC has a great history, and as such should out perform the market. I'm invested in Reit's and also BDC's
Both should do well in these times, with rates supported by the gov't. Besides the Reit's , look at PNNT. Do your own DD. Also look at BKCC. Then there is always PSEC for a monthly div..
Then there is also the MLP's .. not bad either, but may be more risk at this point, as their div % is not where it use to be.. Bottom line, go for AGNC.. Then do some home work..
Thanks, Rich aka.. Div Hunt
I have owned PETDX for years .. it's a winner in my book. I really like the end of year special div's. I think you can buy this fund today.. and never look back. Good long term hold. Like Mr Phil says - there is no cost to buy this one. I have 5% of portfolio in this and am thinking of adding more, as i collect more div's. If you do your DD on stocks & funds. You should agree. If not .. don't buy it.
I'm looking to layer in more Line May 36 Calls next week. @ 1.70 again. If we have a small correction in the market, it will be there. Also we are getting closer to Doc's April 16 date.
Short BMY --- Long Line
ebtdad1.. Just went back and read 1 years worth of your posts .. Complaining on the message boards - gets you no where .. except listed on ignore. That's what I'm doing with you .. Ignore!
I only bought 25 contracts May 43 Puts @2.00 I just couldn't let it go. The charts say it drops 3 to 4 points after X Div within 4 or 5 weeks. I played it for last quarter and lost my shirt. I may be wrong again, just had to go for it. I made good money on AGNC March Calls. So I'm still up for the year.
I'm just waiting for the correction and then will get back into buying Calls again. Thanks for your thoughts..
X Div 4/3 ... lost my butt on the Jan puts .. So now I'm buying the May 43 Puts .. @ 1.99 Just curious what the others on this board think of the trade. Also looking at the Sept 43 Puts @ 2.96 It's now 3:00 pm on 4/2..
So I'm buying within the next 30 minutes .. Any quick answers from others on this board?
Now with my vote in you are down . 4 to 11 thumbs down. That should answer your question... Just be nice..
and you might learn something.. or just keep quite.. read & learn.. If you do find it necessary to post a message, do it on the McDonald's message board and talk about their bath rooms again..
After today's pull back, I'll be looking at LINE MAY 36 Call Options for a Friday or Monday purchase.. For the May X-DIV. Now, the $36 is in the money almost $1.00. Cost 1.70 What do you all think?
Just a quick question for Doc or anyone else .. When you say X - 14 .. Are you counting every day during the month or only trading days, when the market is open? I'm assuming you are counting "every day" in the month. Thanks, Rich
Thanks Doc for the words of wisdom.. if you are correct and BMY goes down to $37.00 or a little lower, lets say $36.70. I will follow your suggestion and roll over the March puts into April calls. I still have 6 days for that to happen. By doing a double down with the March puts, at least i still have a chance to avoid a large loss. As i said, it has worked before for me. Lowered my cost to .41.
I'm still hopeful the April 37 puts also save my butt. I rely on the charts. Going back 2 years, on the charts, i see big down moves, 3 to 4 points down.. that is what i was playing back in Jan and Feb when i bought these puts. Usually it takes 6 weeks or so after x div to drop by 3 points, so i will be looking at the June puts to continue on with my thoughts that this stock will drop soon after x div.
Recent news says - BMY major patents expire. Plavix for one. Baraclude for another. These are major hits to revenue. Add to that, this market is about ready to take a down slide / correction.
Look at the chart & the major down moves in Bmy. History should repeat. It's just a matter of when this put trade will pay off. If this run goes to $38.50 then I'll purchase the June puts, because i will need that 6 to 8 week down trend that the charts suggest. I'm losing big now, but will try to turn it around. Thanks again for your help.. Rich
I may lose big on this one.. Today i doubled down on the BMY March & April 37 Puts. Avg cost for March .41 Avg cost for April 37 Puts .65.. Will have to wait and see what happens. Usually, i only bet 10 % of my total portfolio on options, now I'm a little over that! Xion - where are you at with this trade? I think you had the $36
Most of these i bought back in January, so it wasn't just a short term play.. but time is sure running out now, with only a little over a week to go. I'll let everyone know how i make out on the March & next month on the April puts. I've only did this double down, once before & it saved my butt.. What happens this time?
Hoping for Dow sell off . South 400 points between now and next week. And Bmy falls off the cliff!
Wish me luck...
This should be of interest to everyone on this board. Not only do i flag just the spammers but i also flag all the jerks that post those dumb one line remarks. Now when i go on to other message boards, these same people are flagged there as well. And i don't have to read their #$%$. If there are a few more on that other board that also posted their one line stupid remarks, i flag them as well.
In no time you should be able to rid the boards of all these people. I love to use the flag feature. Just as fast as they create new names, i flag their #$%$. Hope this info is helpful.
I'm now starting to watch for high vol - days for options about to expire. Maybe 1 week out. Buy 100 @ .15 and sell @ 4.00 or 6.00 a few days later.. Lets all keep an eye out for these types of trades & inform each other on this message board. Why should the insiders make all the money? We could this and talk about normal option trades.
Bought 60 BMY March 37 Puts back in late January for .93 Then doubled down in Feb @ .68.. The charts say this one is ready to fall off the cliff any day now.. Avg cost .80 Looking for a double & will sell @ 1.60. Just need 2 or 3 big down days and I'm out. Also still holding 200 AGNC March 31 calls bought in November for 1.48 almost sold last week but am holding out for some good news and upside price target of $33.00. Three weeks to go. Looking for an option price of 2.10 / 2.20. Wish me luck.. Anyone with me on these trades?
Good luck to all .. divhunt44
Some people should be put in jail for this one. On Feb 13th - Feb strike 40 puts - vol - 6,460 @10/15
cents. Today - stock @$32 Put options worth 8.00. 100 options cost $1,500 Sell the next day @8.00 = $80,000. Can you imagine if you bought 1,000 options. The news wasn't released til after market close. Somebody sure made a killing..