Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

American Capital Agency Corp. Message Board

divhunt44 27 posts  |  Last Activity: Apr 5, 2013 12:15 PM Member since: Aug 17, 2012
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • divhunt44 divhunt44 Dec 20, 2012 9:32 PM Flag

    Tomorrow may surprise @ $32.00 plus.. and I'll sell .. Otherwise, I'll lick my wounds .and just wait it out til March .. And still hope to make a decent trade .. Long 100 March 31 calls .. AGNC
    As far as the March trade .. "Rather have it & not need it, than need it & not have it" Sounds like i heard this before somewhere ..

    To me - You guys play it to close to the vest .. I like some insurance in the longer time trades .
    Hence.. the March 31's for me in AGNC .

    Actually .. why not go out to June and cover the next two dividend runs .. or for that mater .. go out to Jan 2014 .. If you believe in this AGNC for the long term ..
    I do and i bet on it .. just not so close to the vest ..

    Sorry, didn't read Xion post when he SOLD 2,000 AGNC Jan 31's .. I did see he bought or was thinking of buying EPD March 38's For how much? 2.75 / 2.25?

    Didn't really see when he bought or at what price .. My best wishes on that trade ..

    And.. Sorry for any losses on the last one .. Best Wishes ..

    Div Hunt 44

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • I'm holding til Friday 12/21/12 to opt out of my March 31 calls . bought @ 1.50 Priced now at 1.00 or will hold them for the next div run-up in March .. I payed more but also have the time value of the extra three months .. I'm still holding out for $32.50 this Friday! Which is b/e for me .or will wait until March for $34.00 & then sell. for a double .. or lose the entire trade in March .. if AGNC trades lower then $31.00 at that time ..
    I was considering a double down @ .75 last week to lower my b/e costs.. but decided to stay with my original plan .. as i don't want to risk any more on this one trade ..
    My question is .. Are You still holding out for Friday 12/21/12 . Hoping for $32.50. As I am also .. or do you plan to wait until January .. and take pot luck with the fiscal thing .. and hope for a higher stock price .. Maybe $33.00 or $33.50.
    I understand you have 2,000 contacts to my 100 .. but i still do value your thoughts and the other people on this board .. who have something to contribute.
    I'm holding 90% cash at this point and waiting for better times. But still need to stay in the game.

    Div Hunt 44

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • divhunt44 divhunt44 Dec 10, 2012 6:25 PM Flag

    Eight trading days to go .. nice move up today on Monday .. Xion calls could still win big .. just need that $1.25 div announced & all should be well .. at $33.00 per share ..

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • divhunt44 divhunt44 Dec 5, 2012 5:15 PM Flag

    Buying now @ $31.00 and collecting the div -- is a win win .. i agree with oldschoolbuilder .. I never heard of cum-div .. If you buy now, then you get the div in a few weeks .. No dividend .. need be announced? What are you taking about? I think next div is $1.25 and the next one after that also $1.25 .. With a stock price of $34.00 by March 2013 .. And I'm betting on it ... Rich

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • divhunt44 divhunt44 Dec 5, 2012 4:22 PM Flag

    Look for next week to announce .. 12/12 or so .. Div $1.25 That's why i bought the 31 call's .. x div 12/19 .. just my 2 cents .. Rich

  • divhunt44 divhunt44 Dec 5, 2012 4:10 PM Flag

    Xion - I'm feeling your pain .. Just not as bad .. I bought the March 31's .. @ 1.50 Why would anyone risk that much on such a short time period .. I'm also thinking of buying the Jan 2014 32's calls .. & still keeping most of the powder dry .. for better times to get in .. I'm hoping your on target w/ those Dec 31 calls .. Rich

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • divhunt44 by divhunt44 Aug 17, 2012 1:50 PM Flag

    I'm looking at Strike 32 Jan 2014 Calls.. with a price of approx. 195/253 verses the Jan 2013 Calls 195/214.. AGNC @$33.66
    My question - why not buy the 2014 Calls for a few bucks more and much more time value? Plus adding four more quarters of div's which could provide a much higher stock price.
    I usually purchase 10 to 20 options and try to buy in between bid and ask.
    So for example 10 @ 210 for Jan 2013 = $2,100
    10 @245 for Jan 2014 = $2,450

    I just joined Yahoo message boards. Actually this is my first post. Have been following the posts on this board for three months and want to more involved.
    Thanks in advance for any replies..

AGNC
18.960.00(0.00%)Jul 29 4:00 PMEDT