Fri, Jan 30, 2015, 11:28 AM EST - U.S. Markets close in 4 hrs 32 mins

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

American Capital Agency Corp. Message Board

divhunt44 27 posts  |  Last Activity: Apr 5, 2013 12:15 PM Member since: Aug 17, 2012
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • divhunt44 by divhunt44 Mar 4, 2013 12:07 PM Flag

    This should be of interest to everyone on this board. Not only do i flag just the spammers but i also flag all the jerks that post those dumb one line remarks. Now when i go on to other message boards, these same people are flagged there as well. And i don't have to read their #$%$. If there are a few more on that other board that also posted their one line stupid remarks, i flag them as well.
    In no time you should be able to rid the boards of all these people. I love to use the flag feature. Just as fast as they create new names, i flag their #$%$. Hope this info is helpful.

  • Reply to

    OT LINE OPTIONS

    by divhunt44 Mar 21, 2013 4:55 PM
    divhunt44 divhunt44 Apr 4, 2013 5:47 PM Flag

    I'm looking to layer in more Line May 36 Calls next week. @ 1.70 again. If we have a small correction in the market, it will be there. Also we are getting closer to Doc's April 16 date.
    Short BMY --- Long Line
    Thanks, Rich

  • divhunt44 divhunt44 Dec 10, 2012 6:25 PM Flag

    Eight trading days to go .. nice move up today on Monday .. Xion calls could still win big .. just need that $1.25 div announced & all should be well .. at $33.00 per share ..

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • divhunt44 by divhunt44 Aug 17, 2012 1:50 PM Flag

    I'm looking at Strike 32 Jan 2014 Calls.. with a price of approx. 195/253 verses the Jan 2013 Calls 195/214.. AGNC @$33.66
    My question - why not buy the 2014 Calls for a few bucks more and much more time value? Plus adding four more quarters of div's which could provide a much higher stock price.
    I usually purchase 10 to 20 options and try to buy in between bid and ask.
    So for example 10 @ 210 for Jan 2013 = $2,100
    10 @245 for Jan 2014 = $2,450

    I just joined Yahoo message boards. Actually this is my first post. Have been following the posts on this board for three months and want to more involved.
    Thanks in advance for any replies..

  • Reply to

    OT: Anyone buying BMY Puts ... ?

    by xionrevolutions Jan 22, 2013 2:35 PM
    divhunt44 divhunt44 Feb 20, 2013 3:52 PM Flag

    Bought 60 BMY March 37 Puts back in late January for .93 Then doubled down in Feb @ .68.. The charts say this one is ready to fall off the cliff any day now.. Avg cost .80 Looking for a double & will sell @ 1.60. Just need 2 or 3 big down days and I'm out. Also still holding 200 AGNC March 31 calls bought in November for 1.48 almost sold last week but am holding out for some good news and upside price target of $33.00. Three weeks to go. Looking for an option price of 2.10 / 2.20. Wish me luck.. Anyone with me on these trades?
    Good luck to all .. divhunt44

  • divhunt44 divhunt44 Dec 5, 2012 5:15 PM Flag

    Buying now @ $31.00 and collecting the div -- is a win win .. i agree with oldschoolbuilder .. I never heard of cum-div .. If you buy now, then you get the div in a few weeks .. No dividend .. need be announced? What are you taking about? I think next div is $1.25 and the next one after that also $1.25 .. With a stock price of $34.00 by March 2013 .. And I'm betting on it ... Rich

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    OT Line

    by bowhunterron Mar 19, 2013 3:19 PM
    divhunt44 divhunt44 Mar 21, 2013 4:45 PM Flag

    Just a quick question for Doc or anyone else .. When you say X - 14 .. Are you counting every day during the month or only trading days, when the market is open? I'm assuming you are counting "every day" in the month. Thanks, Rich

  • divhunt44 by divhunt44 Mar 21, 2013 4:55 PM Flag

    After today's pull back, I'll be looking at LINE MAY 36 Call Options for a Friday or Monday purchase.. For the May X-DIV. Now, the $36 is in the money almost $1.00. Cost 1.70 What do you all think?
    Rich

  • divhunt44 divhunt44 Dec 20, 2012 9:32 PM Flag

    Tomorrow may surprise @ $32.00 plus.. and I'll sell .. Otherwise, I'll lick my wounds .and just wait it out til March .. And still hope to make a decent trade .. Long 100 March 31 calls .. AGNC
    As far as the March trade .. "Rather have it & not need it, than need it & not have it" Sounds like i heard this before somewhere ..

    To me - You guys play it to close to the vest .. I like some insurance in the longer time trades .
    Hence.. the March 31's for me in AGNC .

    Actually .. why not go out to June and cover the next two dividend runs .. or for that mater .. go out to Jan 2014 .. If you believe in this AGNC for the long term ..
    I do and i bet on it .. just not so close to the vest ..

    Sorry, didn't read Xion post when he SOLD 2,000 AGNC Jan 31's .. I did see he bought or was thinking of buying EPD March 38's For how much? 2.75 / 2.25?

    Didn't really see when he bought or at what price .. My best wishes on that trade ..

    And.. Sorry for any losses on the last one .. Best Wishes ..

    Div Hunt 44

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    I am looking to pick up a REIT

    by wingman10101 Mar 29, 2013 12:23 PM
    divhunt44 divhunt44 Apr 4, 2013 11:15 PM Flag

    AGNC has a great history, and as such should out perform the market. I'm invested in Reit's and also BDC's
    Both should do well in these times, with rates supported by the gov't. Besides the Reit's , look at PNNT. Do your own DD. Also look at BKCC. Then there is always PSEC for a monthly div..
    Then there is also the MLP's .. not bad either, but may be more risk at this point, as their div % is not where it use to be.. Bottom line, go for AGNC.. Then do some home work..
    Thanks, Rich aka.. Div Hunt

  • Reply to

    NOW..ISN'T THAT BETTER...;-)

    by reits_r_us Mar 12, 2013 12:26 AM
    divhunt44 divhunt44 Mar 12, 2013 11:48 AM Flag

    I took the trash out today also. Smell's much better.

  • I'm holding til Friday 12/21/12 to opt out of my March 31 calls . bought @ 1.50 Priced now at 1.00 or will hold them for the next div run-up in March .. I payed more but also have the time value of the extra three months .. I'm still holding out for $32.50 this Friday! Which is b/e for me .or will wait until March for $34.00 & then sell. for a double .. or lose the entire trade in March .. if AGNC trades lower then $31.00 at that time ..
    I was considering a double down @ .75 last week to lower my b/e costs.. but decided to stay with my original plan .. as i don't want to risk any more on this one trade ..
    My question is .. Are You still holding out for Friday 12/21/12 . Hoping for $32.50. As I am also .. or do you plan to wait until January .. and take pot luck with the fiscal thing .. and hope for a higher stock price .. Maybe $33.00 or $33.50.
    I understand you have 2,000 contacts to my 100 .. but i still do value your thoughts and the other people on this board .. who have something to contribute.
    I'm holding 90% cash at this point and waiting for better times. But still need to stay in the game.

    Div Hunt 44

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    PETDX Pimco Real Asset Real Estate Strategy

    by mr.phil2u Mar 26, 2013 8:58 PM
    divhunt44 divhunt44 Apr 5, 2013 12:15 PM Flag

    By the way .. PETDX pays div's usually every quarter. Last one was 5 cents March 21. Varies quite a bit. Last December i got close to 60 cents including the special end of year div. The only way to play this one is to buy for the long term. Or at least til the end of the year. Rich

  • Reply to

    PETDX Pimco Real Asset Real Estate Strategy

    by mr.phil2u Mar 26, 2013 8:58 PM
    divhunt44 divhunt44 Apr 4, 2013 10:53 PM Flag

    I have owned PETDX for years .. it's a winner in my book. I really like the end of year special div's. I think you can buy this fund today.. and never look back. Good long term hold. Like Mr Phil says - there is no cost to buy this one. I have 5% of portfolio in this and am thinking of adding more, as i collect more div's. If you do your DD on stocks & funds. You should agree. If not .. don't buy it.
    Thanks, Rich

  • Reply to

    I Thought This Was An AGNC Board

    by debrich44 Mar 27, 2013 11:13 AM
    divhunt44 divhunt44 Mar 27, 2013 8:32 PM Flag

    Now with my vote in you are down . 4 to 11 thumbs down. That should answer your question... Just be nice..
    and you might learn something.. or just keep quite.. read & learn.. If you do find it necessary to post a message, do it on the McDonald's message board and talk about their bath rooms again..

  • Reply to

    Flaging Spammers

    by divhunt44 Mar 4, 2013 12:07 PM
    divhunt44 divhunt44 Mar 4, 2013 7:35 PM Flag

    Lets get rid of these people once and for all .... FLAG THEM !!!

  • divhunt44 divhunt44 Dec 5, 2012 4:10 PM Flag

    Xion - I'm feeling your pain .. Just not as bad .. I bought the March 31's .. @ 1.50 Why would anyone risk that much on such a short time period .. I'm also thinking of buying the Jan 2014 32's calls .. & still keeping most of the powder dry .. for better times to get in .. I'm hoping your on target w/ those Dec 31 calls .. Rich

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    OT: CTL - inside leak? Put options

    by divhunt44 Feb 14, 2013 12:33 PM
    divhunt44 divhunt44 Feb 20, 2013 4:37 PM Flag

    We could do this as well as discuss normal option trades..

  • Reply to

    BMY Cost Average Double Down

    by divhunt44 Mar 6, 2013 5:06 PM
    divhunt44 divhunt44 Mar 7, 2013 1:55 PM Flag

    Thanks Doc for the words of wisdom.. if you are correct and BMY goes down to $37.00 or a little lower, lets say $36.70. I will follow your suggestion and roll over the March puts into April calls. I still have 6 days for that to happen. By doing a double down with the March puts, at least i still have a chance to avoid a large loss. As i said, it has worked before for me. Lowered my cost to .41.
    I'm still hopeful the April 37 puts also save my butt. I rely on the charts. Going back 2 years, on the charts, i see big down moves, 3 to 4 points down.. that is what i was playing back in Jan and Feb when i bought these puts. Usually it takes 6 weeks or so after x div to drop by 3 points, so i will be looking at the June puts to continue on with my thoughts that this stock will drop soon after x div.
    Recent news says - BMY major patents expire. Plavix for one. Baraclude for another. These are major hits to revenue. Add to that, this market is about ready to take a down slide / correction.
    Look at the chart & the major down moves in Bmy. History should repeat. It's just a matter of when this put trade will pay off. If this run goes to $38.50 then I'll purchase the June puts, because i will need that 6 to 8 week down trend that the charts suggest. I'm losing big now, but will try to turn it around. Thanks again for your help.. Rich

  • I may lose big on this one.. Today i doubled down on the BMY March & April 37 Puts. Avg cost for March .41 Avg cost for April 37 Puts .65.. Will have to wait and see what happens. Usually, i only bet 10 % of my total portfolio on options, now I'm a little over that! Xion - where are you at with this trade? I think you had the $36
    Most of these i bought back in January, so it wasn't just a short term play.. but time is sure running out now, with only a little over a week to go. I'll let everyone know how i make out on the March & next month on the April puts. I've only did this double down, once before & it saved my butt.. What happens this time?
    Hoping for Dow sell off . South 400 points between now and next week. And Bmy falls off the cliff!
    Wish me luck...

AGNC
21.51-0.01(-0.05%)11:27 AMEST

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.