The payday here is waaaaay out past 1 year - short of announcing a partnership, this share price is stuck - at least it seems that way to me. It will take a few year to full enroll the phase 3, then longer to get results.
I like the volume but the price has gone nowhere.
We need something unforeseen, out of the blue, to move this thing. How about a partnership of some sort? It would bring in much needed money, validate the science, raise the stock price.
Otherwise, we're stuck in a very tight range.
I listened to it, and was happy to hear about the 1/3 of participants still alive.
The thing that stuck out the most was Gengos consternation around the unrealized value he saw in the company versus what the market was priciing it at. Something like 10-15mm over the amount of cash. So how can he monetize the assets that IMUC possesses while not stiffing shareholders? It's that unrealized value that makes me so interested in this company - it seems so undervalued........potentially. So I sit on my 200,000 shares and hope that the CEO can work something out. He talked several times of his need to convince either Wall Street and/or a partner to step in so IMUC can fund through phase 3 and beyond - lets see what happens.
I just executed a 100,000 buy order - I had a 0.49 limit order from Tuesday (filled 85,000), then 15,000 fill yesterday. I own 200,000 shares around $0.58 cost. I don't think this stock will be in serious play until 2017 - I see no short / intermediate terms news that will lift the stock - I would seriously consider selling it all if the stock got to $1.50, and come back in a year or so, maybe after they raise more money. I think the reverse split vote will make it difficult to raise money going forward - not really sure why I doubled down on the stock.
I hear you. The thing is, there might not be any information to make this stock jump for a couple of years when we start seeing results from phase 3, and in the meantime, they will need more money. I hope I'm wrong and I see a jump over $1.
I have to say, that was a bit of a surprise that it didn't pass. On another note, I still can't find any catalysts for this stock to break out of the range its been in anytime in the near or even intermediate future - say 6 to 9 months. Somebody help me here.
I just sent a friend a missive about my thoughts on current price action - cut and paste in its entirety below:
"M - I am astonished that, of all the times for this stock to take off, it happened now. That said, the momentum seems to have some legs and was precipitated by some analyst firm I’ve never heard of coming out with a BUY rating and a $15 price. They are probably working with the hedge funds to manipulate the price - I should have paid more attention to it yesterday and held on a little longer.
Reasons why the stock should go down:
They sell 150 to 160 million a year of Zadaxin in China annually. They sell at a huge premium to generic zadaxin made locally. Imported Zadaxin is also covered by price controls at the national level. That is all falling away and each of the 35 regions, or provinces, will be individually set the price for Zadaxin over a period of the next year or so. That is a negative for Sciclone but they have not adjusted their earnings forecast yet - although they refer to it in earnings calls as a headwind that they will have to deal with.
Several insiders are selling a ton of stock - probably as a result of the bullet point above. Over 250,000 shares in the last 6 weeks. If they amend their earnings forecast, and it could happen at any time, and I don’t see how it can’t happen at some point, the stock will suffer and the same people manipulating the price now will manipulate back the other way.SCLN has some nice drugs coming out in the pipeline, but not for a few years, That’s why I can’t figure out the stock price action - and why I sold.
Maybe I’ll get back in if it ever gets to $5 again. For the time being the momentum is for the price to go up, although its down today. Good luck and let me know what your cost basis is and how many shares you own. Today is the first day in 16 years that I haven’t owned the stock. Stock stands at $11.17 as I type.
Can't wait uhhh to uhhh listen uhhh. Thanks for the info - looks like they bought another 200,00 or so shares since March 31st - about what they sold (I wonder if Basiles777 will respond here). They had about 12mm left so 200,000 shares would equal the $2mm dollars they've used (assuming price of 9+). Did they say anything of value related to Zadaxin repricing that could be construed in either a postive or negative light?
Did anybody listed to the call at 10:00? I'll listen to the call later today whne I get a chance. Any useful sound bites from the call would be useful. I'm curious if they spoke to whether or not they bought back more shares other than what they reported as of 3/31. Their presentation of June 2015 doesn't provide an update, unfortunately.
With the Annual Meeting fast approaching, does SCLN Management (i) let the stock price go lower to have their options priced as low as possible or (ii) support the price of the stock by buying shares in the open market so that the Annual Meeting runs smooth? Very curious to see what happens when they present later this week in NYC. I wonder if they'll give an update on how much of the share buyback amount they've utilized.
Thanks for the link. Lots of ostriches with their heads in the sand here. Can't understand why the price is going up - could be SCLN buying their shares? Lots of insider selling going on here. Sold another 5,000 at 9.60 - 5,000 remaining.
I've been watching then all along - mostly for shitzandgiggles reading the message board - some of the back and forth between the regular posters is priceless, you have to admit. That said, I have some cash on hand and was debating taking a position of about 50,000 shares. Still thinking I may wait for oil to bottom and put some money there. I see another dry eye drug failed recently - that makes wonder how easy it is to get a dry eye drug through FDA. Still holding out for now.
For long-term investors, if you believe ETEP will get approved, and I do, and have never thought otherwise through all the nonsense, you will be handsomely rewarded. All the rest of the volatility surrounding this stock is for peoplke with agenda other than mine. I fully expect the stock price to retrace some of these gains and there will be alot of nonsensical articles coming out and people "talking their book" so to speak.
For the kids themselves, and the parents of the kids, I hope that this drug is as good as I think it is and that your child gets the drug as fast as theyy possibly can. Keep fighting! There is only one way for you to win.
Herein lies the rub - if the hospitals know that Zadaxin is in for a repricing (nd it is, province by province), will they hold out until that repricing takes effect. There is a history here; one of the reasons provided by SCLN management when the channels got stuffed a few years ago sending the stock down to $4, was that the hospitals were taking a wait and see approach. This could potentially happen again.
I have posted a few times over the last six months that there is no additional revenue coming for a few years - its Z, an only Z and if you're looking to hold the stock until we cross that bridge you better have a clear sense that Z revenues will hold.....and increase rooughly 15%. Frankly, I don't know how you can make that argument at this point. I would not be surprised to see a $6 to $7 share price at some point this year. But when? When will management come out wiht their revised guidance? To me, its a ticking time bomb and I am seriously contemplating selling my 10,000 remaining shares and being out of this stock for the first time since 1999. Good luck and if you're waffling about what to do, go listen to the recording of the last conference call and keep your eyes and mind open. I don't have the stomach for another retracement personally.
Any thoughts on what the most likley split will be? I've been assumig about 5 to 1 - that would put us at a price of $2.50, and reduce my shares to 20,000. There is an outside chance of 10 to 1 split whcih might get us over the $5.00 mark - I believe that would allow more funds to purchase the shares, which I believe is one of the main reasons, if not the main reason why a reverse split is happening. Still betting on 5 to 1 though. Curious to hear other's thoughts.