Consolidating so nicely here. Looks like it will bump around until FDA gives the okay and pop over 9-10 on the run and the run up to the news. Lots of talk this weekend about the brothers in Florida still in disbelief on this one. Buy-in's really stink don't they?
Home: Thanks for posting those slides on that other site. Very helpful. Stock is a cash cow and company will do well by doing good things for people. Win-win. Let the upgrades begin!
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Also, a full 'mea culpa' here. I think some of the expectation for a transition letter came from a prior post where I referenced a FDA doc about NDA timelines. Clearly I guess this doesn't apply to mimedx. SOrry for the confusion. Stock is finally waking up...should be up up and away.
There's always a fake out before a burst up with this stock. Thinking this might be it.
It is an application. Applications are published, generally, 18 months from the earliest priority date of the patent filing. This like all patents may have months to years, and probably 1-2 years, left to prosecute. Docsurick: if the company is sold the path of the shorts is bifurcated depending on the purchaser: if the purchaser is a public company, that's the best scenario for them: their shorts are 'rolled' into the purchaser, presumably a larger company, and very liquid and easy to cover. Easy exit. If it's a private company, which is of course unlikely, the are absolutely and totally screwed. "to the moon, Alice".
All of the above, plus a weak day (at the time) for biiotech holders and a dow down 88 points at the time of writing. Foreshadowed, in retrospect, today's action.
It's interesting that your assessment differs so greatly from the nearly 17% increase in 13F filers from large hedge fund holders just released a few days ago. No one is married to the stock--it's an investment, that's all. Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em. Take note of Point 72's stake in the company and good luck to you and your investing thesis.
All of this information is 'gettable' on FDA's website. Looks to my very, very untrained eye that a response from FDA is due no later than 14 days from the 60th day following receipt of the NDA...ie, day 74. So late September-ish we will get a transition letter???...co. filed around July 22-ish. Google "fda administrative processing biologics applications new drug applications" and try and decipher for yourselves.
Stock is clearly consolidating @ 7 and will climb on the transition letter and official word about marketing Amniofix. Setting up for a huge run in my opinion!
He's blowing smoke. This is like Saddam Hussein saying if the US attacks it will be the 'mother of all battles'. Iran says the same #$%$. Osama too. There is always a 'major issue' no one knows about that will destroy the stock, the planet, the country, whatever. Fantasy/hyperbole/whatever. My wife just had amniofix last week by the way. A few days of pain, on the mend now and feeling good.
My thoughts: for a few, like the candy man who has stated his thesis and misgivings there is a 'thesis'. For the vast, and I mean 99% of shorts, there is no 'thesis': they are merely doing all they know how to do, which is short. As blind as a S&P 500 ETF investor is blindly betting the market will rise, they blindly bet these small stocks, tech/biotech/energy/whatever will fall. There is no thesis.
How_bout--good point but not necessarily correct: in a quiet period I don't think Mr. Taylor can accumulate shares and I would imagine now before a NDA is filed it's a quiet period. So I think, from an 'automatic' transaction perspective, he made the right moves.
Tremendous day. I expect consolidation around here for the rest of the week. My take is this was funds that will disclose their end of quarter positions buying more because the gig will be up that they've been accumulating all along very soon, but WHO KNOWS. Shorts still doing what they do best, all they know how to do.
I'm flummoxed it was as high as it was. It will only go up, or stay flat. No reason to cover, no reason to undo a hedge, all just my thoughts. That said, their business model is doomed!
Agree, Vol. Earth--the prior move you described was probably the marketmakers escrowing shares before a coming move. Should see that move here pretty soon. Perhaps the beginning of it is right now…hopefully we will breach $7....