You guys realize that the delay was on purpose, right??? It was a mistake to run the study in the first place prior to approval of the PDP indication. Too much clinical risk as it would call into question the data with a poor outcome. It is simply not done and I was shocked when ACAD was pursuing it so aggressively without being on the market first. And they clearly should have been more focused on the NDA for PDP. Pimavanserin has great data, breakthrough status and doctors are waiting for novel antipsychotics. And it should be efficacious and safe in ADP. Just lets get the medication on the market first!
Both are neurological conditions associated with psychotic symptoms in some cases. In theory pimavanserin should be effective in ADP - and I think it will be. That said, there is always clinical trial risk... High placebo effect, etc. that can derail a trial. So if I am acad I would not want to chance a questionable result prior to getting PDP approved. The data for PDP are so strong that the FDA didn't require a second confirmatory Phase III. That's saying something. I own a massive amount of acad because I believe in the medication and understand the market need for a drug like this. I hope it works in ADP and think it will be there's always a chance it doesn't and if it doesn't let's get that result after the drug is on the market for ODO. Not before.