Had they not diluted the last year or so we may already be above $5.
google "poison pill" for yourself and read about it. I voted against getting more shares. I think they already have enough authorized shares to serve as a poison pill if they are paranoid of a hostile take over. Going from 300m to 600m at once is way too much for me. They could also use these shares to make more offerings like they just did, thus diluting our shares. It's up to you if you want to give them more rope to hang ya. I would rather they get their funding by reaching milestones and partnerships. Others on this board say they are ok with the increase. vote what's best for you.
John_m_u, or Tom Sawyer or whatever your name is. Based on you being offended, your wordy replies to me, and your youtube (search "tom s Inovio") bromance interview with Joseph (I like how you guys on on a first name basis), it appears that you are in love with Inovio and will go along with whatever they ask you to do. I also can't believe you talked about Tom Hanks and Donald Trump in your interview. What insightful DD you bring to us. I was waiting to see if Kevin Bacon would somehow be connected to Joseph as well.
As you profess, Inovio's desire to double their authorized shares from 300m to 600m could serve as a monster size poison pill to prevent a hostile take over. This tactic has been around since the early 80's, but has been losing popularity among shareholders over the years. Having a poison in place helps protect poor performing boards from losing their jobs or helps enrich themselves in the event of a take over. The better way is to have a well run business that results in a naturally high share price.
I like Inovio's prospects, but I voted NO because they have a sufficient amount of authorized shares already to serve as a poison pill. Asking for an additional 300m on top of that is too much. I fear they will dilute more if the opportunity presented itself. If their product is as good as you and they say it is, funding will come.
I really do own 470k shares since Dec 2012, and I voted NO.
John_m_us, I was just curious why you were so confident INO would go up 10X while doubling their authorized shares. You must have a lot of experience dealing with these types of biotechs and gains. You've been investing in VGX and INO since 2002, yet I see your profile says March 2013. Man! you would think that someone of your caliber and "stuff" would be here sooner to share your knowledge of what INO's future will hold. In 2002, Inovio was $1, now it's mid 50's. And you want me to take advice from you? I'm not really interested in Ychatting with you until you until there is something of value that I can gain. My position is quite simple, no more authorized shares. They already have 100m to serve as a poison pill. Yup, it's my right as a "little people" shareholder to complain and vote when I see something I don't like.
wow, you sure did rip me a new one didn't you. Why even bother with a small uneducated investor like me? Oh great one, may I bother you with a question, one which you should be able to answer in a millisecond? Can you give me the names of at least 10 companies that have doubled their authorized shares at once and have gone up 10X as you think INO will do? I appreciate your pearls of wisdom. I'd like to learn how to invest in "stuff".
For all those still who are undecided and want to learn more about authorizing more shares, go to wikipedia and look up "Shareholder Rights Plan". Make sure you read the History paragraph. Decide what's best for you.
A split is possible, but Inovio will only do it if they feel they have to do it to attract more investors. On page 29 of the proxy it does state that they could use the authorized shares for a stock split. I think it's more likely that they want more authorized shares for increasing financing and capital raising flexibility in case they don't land a partner. This means more stock offerings like the one they just did. They have a large pipeline for the size of company they are. If they don't get a partner, they have to go it alone. Makes me wonder if they are confident in their ability to get a partner with favorable terms...
Why do I even bother with you guys? are you that stupid? put me on ignore please. I could care less what they use them for. Longterm it "CAN" eventually make my 470k shares seem like 235k. It "CAN" make your 500 shares seem like 250. Can I be any more clearer? wait, don't answer that.
Going from 300M to 600M authorized shares is crazy. If it gets approved, I'm gone. I'm here to make money. So you're worried about fending off a hostile takeover? What are the chances of that?
My 470k shares voted NO. The Pros are for Inovio, the Cons are for the share holders. The new authorized shares may be used for offerings (likely), board member compensation (vey likely), employee compensation (likely), stock split (not likely), acquire another company (not likely) or prevent a hostile takeover (highly unlikely). Regardless of what it is used for, to a shareholder it means dilution.
I voted NO. Ya'll do what's best for you. I have heard Kim brag about how he pursues non-dilutive funding during his presentations. This increase of authorized shares goes contrary to his statements. His actions need to match his words. I'm tired of seeing my investments get hit because of dilution.
It's not going to $2.50 if they keep diluting. The only thing they are protecting is there jobs. I'd rather seem them get funding through successful trials and big pharma deals (they are too small to go it alone.) I do believe Kim knows what he's doing, but we're not the one's on the top of his list.
Proxy Statement Def 14(a) on page 29. Proposal 3, increase authorized common shares from 300M to 600M. Make sure you read the potential effects of the amendment on page 30. I for one will vote against it. Stop their ability to dilute, I'm getting tired of seeing my investments get cut in half.
The 2012 CROI conf was March 5-8. The #3 reference on this poster refers to an AIDS issue that came out in June 19, 2012. So it appears not to be related to last years CROI conf.
Thanks! So Heights Cap bought 9M shares. and they had a total 27M in the offering. So they got 18M left to offer right? thanks again for pointing me to that info. Shoots my theory down.
The timing of this offereing to me just doesn't sit right with me if Inovio did it just to have cash on hand to see them through 2014. They could have waited a few more months for more positive news and a more favorable share price. To me this seems more like a rushed offering to make a big pharma happy and get a partnership in place. If it's reported, it will be interesting to see who is buying the offering.