As the new guidance suggests they stated in the call there will only be single digit growth thru the third quarter. They are expecting prevail approval by the end of the third quarter. They should also collect 200+ million in milestone payments during this same time period. Given all of that and their expected expenditures they will be close to profitability. I heard no questions or suggestions of a buyout but don't believe that topic has ever been talked about before. They did drop some hints that they would be well positioned for an acquisition themselves. This seems a likelier future in my eye as their own valuation has gotten so rich I'm no longer thinking they will be bought out, unless the price dips which seemed to be happening afterhours. All in all there were no pleasant surprises in the call and the tone of the callers with question was rather subdued. Should be an interesting day.
His friend kettie has had similar results with another stock
by kettievso833 • 13 hours ago Flag
SPY really changed my financial situation, made roughly $220k the past few months, been getting my stock alerts from underground stock alerts (google em). Hope you guys have been doing as well with trading as I have.
Astellas already releasing sales numbers took some of the thunder out of MDVN's upcoming report. If there is some other news release or update of interest there could be a bump otherwise I don't expect much.
And one final laugher. Its snowing out, I am enjoying a cup of coffee and taking a break from watching the Olympics. Thought I would see how MDVN is doing since you first graced us with your wisdom. Yes i am easily entertained. Looks like your first post was on 12/4/2011. MDVN was at $23.81 at that time. Good call, although I will give you credit for your persistence.
Until you learn the very basics of investing I am afraid there is no hope for you. While there is nothing wrong with investing in established companies, to compare their earnings and pe's to a young biotech company is not even an apples to oranges comparison, more like an apple to automobile comparison.
Can you enlighten us as to who has a generic version of Xtandi in the works and when it will be unveiled? And when do you foresee ARN509 will be approved? I don't really expect a response but thought I would throw this out there anyway.
You seriously should get a new hobby. Making predictions/money is certainly not your strength. I will give you credit however for adding the disclaimer this time.
If a corner grocery store was projected to have billions in sales in the next couple of years I would buy it. As mentioned before, MDVN has doubled since you started posting here.
As Jim mentioned the numbers posted by Astellas are the total for three quarters. Their info does not seem to break out the current quarters numbers. I find it odd that MDVN has not released at least an acknowledgment that Astellas has posted the number. Anyway if my math is right the current quarterly sales would be 130 million US and 25 million foreign vs 110 US and 9 foreign the previous quarter. Keep in mind these sales are shared so MDVN gets half the US and a smaller amount of the foreign. Analyst average estimates for the quarterly revenue was 72.69 million. That number looks to be pretty close. I believe many, including myself, were expecting an upside surprise. Hope my numbers are right, do your own diligence.
I'm still waiting for that $360 generic Zytiga treatment shorty.
Assuming you question is serious I am sure you noticed the overall market took a bath. Nearly everything is down and biotechs which have had a good run lately took an even bigger hit. This stock or any other will not go straight up. What was your holding period? If you were holding for a week than your just gambling. If your committed for even just a few months you will likely have a very good return. I would be watching for improving earnings, prevail approval and possibly a buyout to happen yet this year. Any or all of which could drive this higher. As for the clown who replied about buying it two years ago at $0.35 he is either lying or an idiot. I have been holding for nearly three years. Good luck.
Stock has nearly doubles since phosteric started posting here. He must be on to something!
Actually I am surprised at how few DNDN folks showed up here this time, they are a consistent and loyal bunch. During the last huge rise they were thick as thieves here. Of course we are up 1000% since than and they are down 95% so many of them went bankrupt. They are singing the same old song on their board however.
I spent the day until just now on a preplanned cross country ski trip with my daughter well out of internet/phone range. I couldn't have actively traded today if I wanted. I will likely wait for earnings but may change my plan yet again. Never dreamed I would see us in the 80's ($170 ish pre split) before a buyout offer.
I am officially in 10 bagger country and 80% are in my Roth. I think if I was sitting on short term gains in a taxable account I would hold on or maybe sell some covered calls far enough out to make them long term. Good luck!
My plan had been to sell half with the release of data and hold the rest for a buyout. With quarter sales numbers about to come out I may wait for those as I suspect they will be good. I don't want to be greedy but also hate leaving easy money on the table.