They owe over $21B in current payables and $8B to bondholders and they have only $14B in cash. They needed to borrow $8B just to keep selling more #$%$. What a great business model. They are really hitting it out of the ballpark.
Where is all that cash hiding? Let's see they needed to borrow $8B and the current ratio is at 1. The only cash they generate is due to the fact they hold customer cash for 90 days.
They are the low priced leader in every vertical. A zillion dollars in sales still will not generate any net equity. What a farce.
They will need to borrow more money before the end of the year the way they're going.
I have no position in this company.
WSJ gets its - there is no cash or earnings in this non-profit. What is interesting is AMZN looses money in their core business of retail. They essentially broke out their only profitable business unit and its only profitable due to how they allocate server expense to AWS. There is simply no hope for this company ever turning a decent return because they are less efficient than most commerce companies. I can tell you there is not one company in the history of the stock market that doesn't eventually earn their market cap. AMZN will be no different - when sales growth slows the emperor will be exposed and the stock will get hammered.
Wall street needs this pos right now thats why they keep upgrading. AMZN and WMT essentially have the same market cap but with AMZN there is absolutely no way they will ever be able to achieve WMT numbers let alone a real tech company like GOOG or AAPL.
Every day in the financial press they should be pounding this junk.
you got it - this is a joke huh? and these incredibly insufferable press releases amazon put's out when announcing these business are painfully nauseating "we love creating things for our customers....." seriously they must think its still 1995. When they announced their phone and Bezos is up on some stage talking about some 7 year too late product with nothing but gimmicks was shocking there was;t a collective laugh by the audience.
Nope not short but simply amazed at the non-sense this stock has become. Won't short it in 2Q either .
1. The phone! - what's it called the...something like spark or fire - i forget because no one bought one they invested hundreds of millions and have promised to double down on it - I just cant wait for the fire2, you??
2. Fresh! - Oh yea bring on those big grocery store margins baby! We'll be rolling it it Let's buy a bunch of trucks then we can make some real money - I just know we can!
3. A button thing you put on your washer to reorder soap - Brilliant!!! Wow i just ordered some soap so easy and so profitable - they spent millions to develop this thing
4. Copy cat Tv set top box - man without this I just don't know how I would function - millions spent and i just keep watching these great shows ....like...
5. TV content - Wow the cash the show about some tranny is bringing is is just ...what can I say simply brilliant - who doesn't want to waste and hour watching some grown man dress like a girl. Are you kidding me this was Bezos top effort.
Lets see - they will come into B2B marketplace with the lowest prices and once again achieve higher sales with no profit - just like every market they enter. Simply genius.
No leverage in their system - they keep having to spend more to sell more with no end in site. 22 years and only a handful of good quarters/years. The machine known as amazon works for the great for the consumer but makes a horrible business. It's really a phenomenal financial domineering masterpiece by Bezos. Horrible businessman but certainly Wall Street genius.
they actually don't make any money so not a fraud - just operating a non-profit with little cash but most ID10Ts out there think they will make money or cash someday which will never happen
Stock soars $31 BILLION in one day to 208B or 2X sales
OSTK grows faster and MAKES MONEY - stock drops 60M and trades at .4 to sales
Demonstrates the power of the CEO to control the narrative of the company