Mon, Dec 22, 2014, 12:15 AM EST - U.S. Markets open in 9 hrs 15 mins


% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Discovery Laboratories Inc. Message Board

dutchboyprint 9 posts  |  Last Activity: Dec 18, 2014 3:24 PM Member since: Jan 13, 2005
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • Reply to

    Hey Dutch, are you anywhere around?

    by oldpapa96 Dec 18, 2014 1:08 PM
    dutchboyprint dutchboyprint Dec 18, 2014 3:24 PM Flag

    Am I anywhere around here???

    Depends.....Who wants to know?

    Is death finally coming to town?

    No. DSCOI still has well over 100 million shares they can sell. Doesn't really matter to them how much they get per share, just so long as it covers the payroll. And Deerfiels's loan, while it does have the whole company as collateral... it isn't "due for several years.... lots of time for these guys to create more instant wealth!

    DSCO's corporate motto....
    "Instant wealth for me!!!!!
    But not for thee!!!!!!!"

  • Reply to

    May not be the time to sell...

    by dutchboyprint Nov 22, 2014 9:14 AM
    dutchboyprint dutchboyprint Nov 23, 2014 7:23 AM Flag

    Stop loss orders are for #$%$... but don't work very well with dogs.
    If this breaks down, the only orders that will get processed will be at the market... at whatever the price might be at that moment, or when a buyer actually shows up. Which might not be right away... you might place your sell order, but I wouldn't look for any of those "one second executions".

    The volume has been thin as it is. I'm gonna guess that half of that has been algorithms. The rest has been a few day traders flipping 500 to a thousand shares around. If just one of those major institutional holders decides it doesn't want to report this this embarrassment on it's 12/31 books 12/31... who exactly are they going to sell to? This will drop like Charlie Pratt's pants. Plus there is the overhang of the impending dilution doom soon after the first of the year.

    My buying right now is with the intention of NOT being a DSCO shareholder soon... less than 2 months, max.. I will sell to the next fool in line as soon as I feel I've had enough excitement in my life. Could be next week, could be the first part of January. I don't know. But, as always, now that I hold some shares, I am actively looking for the exit. Opportunity to sell won't have to knock on my door... I'll be out front looking for him. Kind of like sitting on the curb, waiting for the ice cream truck!

  • dutchboyprint by dutchboyprint Nov 22, 2014 9:14 AM Flag

    This may not be the time to sell. This MIGHT be the time to buy.
    Let me explain my reasoning....
    I don't know why, or who, but "someone" always seems to support DSCO at a buck fifty. Look at a 3 year chart- that's roughly the time since the last 1 for 15 reverse split. DSCO has bounced off that magic $1.50 line several times.
    Why at $1.50??? I don't know, does it matter? There just seems to always be enough buyers to counteract the demoralized sellers at... $1.50. Doesn't matter how badly DSCO has screwed up, doesn't matter how far out management has pushed the timeline to the promised riches. Doesn't matter who's been hired, who's been fired. Doesn't matter how sharply they have redirected the efforts of the company.... Close Totowa and farm out manufacturing, hire a sales group before there is a product to sell, then fire most of the sales group because they can't sell it, announce the "nozzle" as the savior of the company, but now you can't even find a mention of it anywhere.. thrash around and can't even complete what was originally supposed to be a 36 patient Phase 2A trial in a year... etc etc etc

    It just bounces off $1.50

    Where are we now?

    At $1.50
    I will be buying some, in hopes of selling it to "greater fools" in the next couple of months.

    However, I strongly suggest you keep a very close watch - as in more than one glance per day - for if it were to breach that $1.50 mark, even a little, I have no idea where it could settle down again. DSCO would be in "uncharted waters" and there would not be a natural pool of support at any particular point. No more "Lazard buyers", no more warrant support, everybody would be under water. Everybody. Nothing ahead but the abyss
    Hey... opportunity and risk go hand in hand.

  • Reply to

    Where's Dutch?

    by leftyspade Nov 6, 2014 2:57 PM
    dutchboyprint dutchboyprint Nov 6, 2014 3:27 PM Flag

    I'm here.
    It's not really necessary for me to say anything, is it??
    I mean, things kind of speak for themselves.
    Of course, ddas or some of the other paid shills will reappear tomorrow to tell us all how great it's gonna be... next year....
    Remember, DSCO has hired a "Communications" company to keep their PR positive.... where did you think these pumpers came from? It will take 4 to 8 weeks, but they'll get the price back up to where they can sell more stock soon after the first of the year, The money runs out about mid year... so it will be very similar to the last several years... a placement in about February.. Before the 4th qtr data has to be announced (and right before the last of the sales reps are let go). DSCO will be desperate to announce the completion of the Phase2A study... but not the results before this happens. lots and lots of hype to wade through in the next 3 months.

    Buy and sell based on what is best for the company's coffers.... NOT as an investment.

  • Reply to

    # of New Hospitals Signed Up This Quarter???

    by pinski1959 Oct 29, 2014 3:13 PM
    dutchboyprint dutchboyprint Oct 30, 2014 10:06 AM Flag

    Hey now. Pinski doesn't have to "wake me up". I'm awake. I'm here. I even made some money in the latest runnup. Of Course I don't any DSCO today.
    Did I buy at the low? No.
    Did I sell at the high? No.
    But I did make average out to make roughly 12 cents per share. That's not bad.

    Yes, DSCO gonna make a move soon.
    It's gonna go down some more.
    They aren't going to announce the results of the Phase 2A until December. People will become impatient and start calling them names, and sell between now and then.

    Then it's gonna make another big move up unless they announce the end of Surfaxin sales at the same time. And don't doubt it's coming. Probably happen at or shortly after the first of the year.. DSCO will not be marketing Surfaxin much longer..
    1. The Totowa manufacturing facility is closing later next year.
    2. Most of the sales group is already gone.
    3. They cannot afford to keep up the costs of marketing a product that only has 5 or 6 digit sales per quarter..., they are not on track to hit $1MM this year.
    Sales will effectively cease except for contractually bound requirements.

    DSCO is going to go back to the status that suits them best. They will become a "developing biotech" again will really push the idea that Aerosurf is the product of the future... buy our stock because AERO... kind of like "because Batman". They have shown they are not able to hack it in actually producing anything. On this basis, they don't ever seem to show any revenues... just more and more stock sales... which are also coming......

  • dutchboyprint dutchboyprint Oct 15, 2014 11:04 AM Flag

    Clueless?, Clueless?
    Let's talk about clueless.
    Just who do you think made the devices now being used in the Phase 2 trial?
    Hmmmm? Did they fall from the sky? Did DSCO find them under a bush at the side of the road?

    The interesting thing is the date. Notice that 2016 date for some of the warrant expirations.
    THAT is what is interesting. There is money riding on that date.

  • Reply to

    Nothing moves this POS not even EBOLA

    by franketem Oct 13, 2014 1:21 PM
    dutchboyprint dutchboyprint Oct 13, 2014 4:14 PM Flag

    I agree with Pinski.
    I don't see DSCO being sold. The money is just too easy.
    They have 140 million shares they can sell any time they want, and there is not a thing you can do about it. So shut up and sit down, they'll tell you when they want your opinion. You can't even vote out a director.
    Yeah, yeah... I know, they have to stand for election every year... but have you read the election rules??? They put up the candidates they want. You cannot put up a candidate without their approval. The election is decided by a plurality of votes. Six spots on the board... six candidates... those six who receive the highest plurality of yes votes get seats... so a single yes vote is all that is required to win a seat... a single yes vote. No votes and abstentions do not count. Only yes votes count... six spots.... six candidates. Musical chairs with too many chairs is what it is.
    So, DSCO doesn't need you or your opinions until those 140 million shares are used up. Then they will ask you for another 250 million shares so they can keep the doors open.

  • Reply to

    What is the news there to cause crash?

    by oldpapa96 Oct 13, 2014 10:13 AM
    dutchboyprint dutchboyprint Oct 13, 2014 11:37 AM Flag

    It didn't "crash".
    It just returned to a more appropriate price level. Roughly the same price level it had before that "end of September" price spike that occurred for no particular reason. Better you should ask "Why did the price spike starting 3 weeks ago" than "why did the price return to it's previous level?"

    There was no crash. There was hype three weeks ago.

  • dutchboyprint by dutchboyprint Oct 12, 2014 9:56 AM Flag

    Well, well...
    I check back on DSCO, and nothing has happened.
    Imagine that.

    Other than to announce a gov't grant supporting DSCO for something like 3 weeks, DSCO has said squat for the 3rd qtr. Yet (some) people here act as if the grant award provides a mark of approval and a guarantee of future rewards. Let me remind you that this is the same gov't that awards million dollar grants to study obesity in S.E Asian #$%$.... That is just as relevant as the $3 million to DSCO. There is money in the budget. It's got to be put somewhere. Therefore anything is fair game as long as it sounds good and won't make the nightly news and embarrass the agency So, please, don't wave the gov't grant as anything but a doling out of money that has too find a home somewhere, anywhere... just get it done before the end of the budget year on Sept. 30th.
    And they did. Right on time.

    So, where does that leave DSCO?
    Very quiet.
    The Aero study goes on. No way a fool could screw this up. Surfaxin was "safe and well tolerated." How can Aero be anything else, given that Aero IS Surfaxin.They'll finish the Aero study in November and have the preliminary data available in December... just like they said. This is no guarantee they'll announce the results before the end of the year. They'll announce the results when they want, about two or three days before they launch the next secondary offering, to spike the price. Then they'll cut the legs out from under those who bought the hype with the secondary... just like they have done in the past.
    The money runs out half way through next year. DSCO isn't gonna get any money from selling Surfaxin. Their source of cash is the same it has been for the last twenty years (yes, 20!)... cut the legs out from under current holders in favor of new shares (who are then screwed in the NEXT placement... and so on and so on and so on...)
    I'll make money by buying low and selling into the hype when the days traders jump in without looking.
    Thanks for the cash!!

1.26+0.0100(+0.80%)Dec 19 4:00 PMEST

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.