Mon, Apr 21, 2014, 10:29 AM EDT - U.S. Markets close in 5 hrs 31 mins

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. Message Board

eagles123 21 posts  |  Last Activity: Mar 31, 2014 3:25 PM Member since: Jun 26, 1998
  • Reply to

    Moema Announcment Monday AH

    by andrewtaylor977 Mar 31, 2014 12:11 PM
    eagles123 eagles123 Mar 31, 2014 3:25 PM Flag

    They will not be announcing this month which is why they mentioned in the cc that the announcement will likely come in April. They brought it up in the cc since they knew they were going to be late (after Q1) and to not look like they misguided investors. They are probably getting ready to harvest the batch now. My guess is that they will make the announcement mid to late april.

  • eagles123 eagles123 Mar 4, 2014 1:03 PM Flag

    Ignored, this guy is a useless pumper

  • Reply to

    AMRS has done better than Szym recently, Why?

    by eagles123 Mar 3, 2014 7:37 PM
    eagles123 eagles123 Mar 4, 2014 12:41 PM Flag

    Another day, more discrepancy. AMRS is again up another 5% where SZYM stuck at even. I'm long SZYM but am kicking myself I didn't plop some in AMRS 10 days ago for a quick 40% gain and cover both plays. I was just about to pull the trigger!

  • Let's face it. AMRS has been the better investment in the past month rising about 33% and hanging on to those gains after the cc and rose again today by another 5%. SZYM only rose about 6% after the cc and is holding steady. What gives? Both are in the midst of commercializing. Thoughts on why the market is favoring AMRS over Szym?

  • eagles123 eagles123 Feb 28, 2014 11:14 PM Flag

    There is only one reason why in the cc they mentioned that Moema might be pushed out to April, because it will. Why would management even mention this in the first place? It's because they are trying to weasel the timeline yet again. They have done a terrible job managing expectations as well as reduced their credibility. They need to be honest with their shareholders. It gives the impression that they do not understand their process at all in order to give an accurate timeline that provides skepticisim with the large institutions. They need to step up and walk the walk , not talk BS. I believe this is one reason whey the stock didn't go up more than 6% at the cc. The institutions saw yet another delay and more weaseling.

  • eagles123 eagles123 Feb 28, 2014 2:49 PM Flag

    Upper management needs to be more conservative in their timelines. They yet again said that a delay into April for commercial supplies at Moema was likely. This is twice that they have overestimated their capabilities and further damages their credibility. They need to execute...on time and quit overpromising. If they are not credible with their timelines (even after flubbing it once before causing the stock to plunge) what else will they be overpromising? I can see the skepticism from the institutions. They need to start delivering ...on time. I have a core position, but am very cautious.

  • She's giving the wrong message. Mark Zuckerberg didn't sell until the stock was in the 60s and is commendable. He publically stated that he wouldn't sell. Marissa should do the same! By selling she is giving the wrong message about the direction of the company. Be true to your company and have faith by holding on to your shares! Sell only at 60 and above, nothing less! And I don't want to hear any bs about CEOs de risking their investments. That is just #$%$. Place your money where your mouth is. Walk the walk or walk away! Stop selling and have faith in your own company that you run!

  • Reply to

    Looks like sub $20 is coming

    by ex_sll_tier Feb 27, 2014 7:49 PM
    eagles123 eagles123 Feb 27, 2014 9:19 PM Flag

    What happened today was a disaster. Was looking for an entry point but based on today's action, the runnup was only a reason for the big boys to sell. Not going to touch BBY with a 10 foot pole at this time.

  • Reply to

    Sold some today

    by eagles123 Feb 27, 2014 7:15 PM
    eagles123 eagles123 Feb 27, 2014 9:12 PM Flag

    Based on the cc, there will likely be another delay for Moena before they can say that the site has produced commercial materials. I think the press release for Moena will be in mid April so there will be a waiting period and expect a pull back until then. Many of the biofuel companies recently have runnup as well. So I think there will be a breather

  • Reply to

    Sold some today

    by eagles123 Feb 27, 2014 7:15 PM
    eagles123 eagles123 Feb 27, 2014 7:32 PM Flag

    I sold today also because the market is at new all time highs. I bought at 8 and change just several months ago. It has had an incredible run since then. With the market now at new highs it is a good time to secure some profits. No one ever gets hurt taking a profit. But I'll be ready to pull the trigger when this dips before the Moena announcement. If it doesn't who cares? I have my core position and sticking to it.

  • eagles123 by eagles123 Feb 27, 2014 7:15 PM Flag

    I've been following Szym for several years. I sold some today to secure some profits. If it goes up tomorrow, I'll sell another lot. I don't expect any press releases until the opening of Moena and expect a modest decline prior to the announcement. So I'm going to take some off the table and buy more hopefully at a lower prices. When Clinton was announced, the stock jumped 33% but then plunged about 20% before moving it's way back up but still down about 5% from the highes. This stock is fickle and am going to capitalize on it with some trades around a core position. I'm long but am going to take advantage of the volatility of this stock

  • About a month after the 30% single day gain, they are about to learn another painful lesson. You just don't bet against a company transitioning to commercialization. Look what happened to the 3D printing companies, look what happened to Tesla? Tomorrow will be painful. But the annoucment of the opening of Moema will be even more pain. How much pain can they handle?

  • Reply to

    CC

    by samstoo_ Feb 24, 2014 12:19 PM
    eagles123 eagles123 Feb 24, 2014 3:28 PM Flag

    Oops I meant tomorrow (for any press releases) not today. I forgot that the earnings will be announced Thursday not Wednesday.

  • Reply to

    CC

    by samstoo_ Feb 24, 2014 12:19 PM
    eagles123 eagles123 Feb 24, 2014 2:44 PM Flag

    I'm thinking that there may be a press release on Meoma at the close today as it is i possible that they are now open. Many companies do this ahead of the cc. Then upon opening I see a gap up to 15. Let's cross our fingers.

  • Put your money where your mouth is. Not ONE single insider purchase since the IPO. All selling. Even on the cusp of commercialization, not ONE purchase. Pathetic

  • eagles123 eagles123 Feb 11, 2014 3:45 PM Flag

    I'm kicking my self , yes I should have sold at 13. This stock has never been able to hold it's highs and this current runnup is no different. I miscalculated that it would be this time with two sites going online commercially. This company has no respect yet. They need to show us the money. I'm going to sell on the next big leg up and wait for the next opportunities.

  • Although I'm still up close to 30% in 2 months, I've lost 25% potential profits as this slow low volume decline continues. The latest runnup had no legs. What's even more disturbing is the price exceeded 25 with 2.5 billion market cap when it IPOd and it still was a "development" company with greater uncertainty. Now, they have scaled up and making "commercial" scale materials and yet valued half of when it IPOd with more certainty for future growth. Wallstreet ,often times is stupid and inconsistent. The key is to time their irrational movements to make a profit. I just didn't think they would be this stupid but I was wrong. I'm gonna wait for the next leg up , hopefully at the cc at which point I'm going to dump and wait for my next opportunity. Too many games being played with this company. I'll play along.

  • eagles123 eagles123 Feb 1, 2014 4:03 PM Flag

    I agree with Crush. There is no way the cc won't mention Moena. I think the strategy is to time the earnings release with the opening of Moena. Shorts will be burned again.

  • Reply to

    Why Shorts should cover? Answer: Moema

    by eagles123 Jan 31, 2014 4:16 PM
    eagles123 eagles123 Jan 31, 2014 8:17 PM Flag

    I was contemplating selling today for a quick 50% gain in 2 months thinking that Monday may be a correction for this huge upswing but then I looked at the charts going into the close was strong and even up after hours. I think Monday will be even more pain for the shorts and may see this swing up another 10% or so as more cover and the big boys start entering now that Solazyme has gone prime time. This stock is acting like a biotech like Intercept that was a 6 bagger in 2 day!. Who knows? ;) But this is an important step for Solazyme transitioning fron R & D to now commercial production. It's a huge milestone and the the scale is still not optimized with another plant scheduled to come online in a couple months if that.

  • Shorts should cover otherwise will experience similar pain when Moema comes online this quarter that has even greater manufacturing capacity than Clinton and Galva...nuff said

ETP
56.16+0.10(+0.18%)10:27 AMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.