I really don't see anything in the 8-K that would do anything for stock price. Same BOD and auditors. I think we will see more of the same until something meaningful is announced.
The 8-K filed appears to have only addressed the BOD and auditor selection. I expected some resolution and/or plan to address the delisting question. As usual, they don't seem to want to share much with us shareholders. BTW, I did not receive any proxy material or notice about the shareholder meeting. Did anyone else?
Good questions: I think they do have a fiduciary responsibility to inform us about their intentions but who is going to enforce their compliance? I really don't know what our recourse is if they walk away from investors. I guess this is the perils of Chinese stocks - I doubt that the SEC really cares.
Still Here Birdie. Not much to discuss until we get news and that may be a while. Any discussions now would be pure guesswork and speculation. I think that stoxagem has moved on since he hasn't posted for some time now. Too bad, I valued is opinion and research. If he gave up, it's not encouraging to me but I'm going to hang on for now. I guess you could say that I'm not very optimistic but hopeful. Not a comfortable investment strategy..
What to do is always a question with CETC. I've been in for five years now and plan to hold on for another quarter or two. I think there may be some news before October though. There will be a stockholder meeting probably in August and the NASDAQ delisting problem remains. It's any ones guess as to what they will do to address that problem. Getting above a dollar would be the best solution but there isn't much buying catalyst for that. Maybe the only good news is that it can't fall much more but it certainly could go up. Let us hope.
I did not see any explanation for the decrease in the 10-K. It most likely had to do with customer demand rather than CETC's ability to produce. I believe that they are down to a single customer and that is a bit scary to me. Let us hope that they can expand their customer base so that we aren't one step from disaster.
If the gross profits remain a .1046/quarter then the PE for a full year would be around .8 at the current share price. If we trade up to a PE of 10, the share price would be above $4/share. Can't see much of a need to sell at this point. Maybe there are enough bottom feeding investors out there to drive the stock up a bit.
That's the way I read it also. Looks like $.1287 per share for the first three quarters. This report gives me a headache to read and looks terrible with all the comparisons and write-offs but it's not as bad as I thought it was at first glance. When we get past all the asset disposals, etc. maybe we will have simpler and more understandable reports. For mow, I plan to continue holding and see where we are in the next couple of quarters.
Have you completely given up on CETC? I notice that your posts have essentially stopped. I'm still in but only heaven knows why. The Q3 report will be very telling assuming they ever release it. I have to say that the PPS has held up better than I expected since the 8K was released. Let us know what's going on with you- I miss your insight.
It's hard to figure out what's happening with the stock price. I expected a big selloff after the latest news but that didn't happen (at least not yet). A few minutes ago, an order for about 44000 shares trades at .39. Go figure. Personally, I'm holding at least until the Q3 report is released. Maybe things are not as bad as they appeared to be with the recent asset transfers. Let us hope not.
I think that the above ground operation is independent from the underground operation. Both would produce Syngas. The above ground is currently operating but the UCG is not and who knows if it will ever come online. It seems to be more of a science project than a real "for profit" effort.
I think I see your point and that could be a possibility. It would be nice if the company would tell us about their plan if they have a plan.
I am having a lot of trouble logging on to the message board with Edge. After several logon attempts it usually lets me in but only after several "Log On to Participate" messages. The next try is the same after closing the MB. Anyone else having this problem?
Stox, thanks for your assessment. Like many of us, I have a lot of money tied up in this company and the news, so far, doesn't promote a good nights sleep. I expect we will get a major selloff today and we will have to decide whether or not to join the carnage. I am absolutely disgusted with CETC management for not providing any insight as to what they are up to. The only thing that makes any sense to me is that they are preparing to suspend operations and that is a radical departure from all the information previously provided to shareholders. We are completely at their mercy and that's not a comforting position to be in.
crusher, do you mean 10Q filing and has a formal delay been announced? I realize that, according to the rules, that we are already in a delay for the 10Q but the 10K will not be due until after Q4.
Stox, what do you make of the information released in the 8K? Are we in a death spiral or is there something good that can come from this? These guys sure know how to keep us guessing. Maybe when ,if, they release the Q3 results, we will know more.
I am concerned that there could be something very wrong within this company. I don't recall them ever missing a SEC requirement for posting earnings as they have for Q3. This is not a good sign when you're in jeopardy of being delisted from NASDAQ. Anyone have any thoughts as to what could be going on?