That would be my guess. Conference starts Friday in Chicago & runs for a few days. Maybe an announcement will be made regarding a development. Sitting here with a few shares, whatever the reason for the run up with volume is okay with me.
Here's trusting that the Company's interpretation of timing is the same as mine:
Pre- NDA Conference with FDA; in 2nd qtr 2015. We are already 5 weeks into the 2nd qtr, so to me that means the mtg will take place within the next 7 weeks, or by June 30th, when the 2nd qtr ends.
And, NDA filing; Company said the filing will occur mid-year 2015. Well. to me mid-year is July 1st, so, if the pre NDA Conference goes well within the next 7 weeks, then the NDA gets filed on or about July 1st.
Just trying to verbalize my interpretation of what I read from the Company. Hoping someone at the CC starting in 7 minutes nails this down. GLTAL
Such a jerk; if they had downgraded it, you would be the biggest/loudest cheerleader to the downside. Go somewhere else to earn your nickels today.
Unusual; my concern is that by 7:30 EST, all markets are closed but for 30 minutes remaining in AH trading. Odd, however, Company & CEO are in Cali so that will be 4:30 for them. We'll see soon enough if there's any significance to it.
With yesterday's action, we broke strong support & should probably test & find support in the low 12s. Faint of heart & non-believers will add to the sell off coupled with tax loss selling. Without anything positive from the company (I doubt we will hear anything), the remainder of the month looks weak for share price.
Today's action seems overdone considering the numbers & guidance. deMasi may have gotten bit on the #$%$ if he thought he could outsmart the street by low balling the guidance numbers, knowing he will beat those numbers. Remember 1/3 of the next quarter is in already.
Technically, we took a major hit & we may be probing lower; say, 2.90 or so. The question for me is how long will this be dead money? If it rebounds in 6 months, I would opt to wait, remembering that it's not an investment loss unless I sell, & at this juncture I'm choosing to hold.
I would like to see the company announce it will buy back 5 million shares. I think long term it would be a sound decision & send a muted vote of confidence to its shareholders.
deMasi keeps beating the drum & giving such rosy forecasts, let's get the BOD to buy back some of the 90 million+ shares. You would think it's a good corporate financial decision, no??
I'm with you han; just expressing my pre-announcement jitters. For me, the risk/reward favors a positive report; great cc; & price appreciaition. At this time tomorrow, we will know. GLTAL
Markets are acting schizophrenic. Remember 'buy the rumor, sell the news." I'm holding but I can see GLUU with record results tomorrow; tepid guidance, and a double digit sell-off after.hours. Look at FB tonight. Just plain irrational.
Watch for the solicitations from law firms seeking to commence a lawsuit against the company for breach of its fiduciary responsibility to us, the owners of the company. This time there might be a solid basis for a suit.
We really can't catch a break. If it's the ebola issue, we're not an ebola play. We have a positive weekend @ World Muscle Conference; & instead of a positive spin & appreciation in share price, we get a flat response at best & we languish in negative price territory.
It's easy to get frustrated with this type of action & to shake one's head looking at the astronomical short position in a stock which by all indications is months away from a favorable FDA review. Technically, SRPT fell through support & we could revisit the low teens.
I may be a fool, & I'll accept that, having rode this stock down just two weeks ago from $25 to $18, over a 30% drop, but I am confident one morning I will read the catalyst all us longs are awaiting, & the stock will appreciate to a level that supports the uniqueness of their science. GLTAL
I tend to agree with Lou. More likely than not that a filing this year is priced in. The danger from my view is if a filing is delayed for some unforeseen reason until 2015. I think the real pop is upon approval by the FDA.
Really? We know they don't have anything to back up their senseless dribble, but yet people respond to this #$%$. Just ignore their posts & most importantly, don't reply to them. If an investor in GLUU with a timeline greater then a month holds onto this stock, they will be very happy.