It seems the FDA is finally moving in the right direction. I wish they will tell us more about financing or collaborations to meet short term cash needs. Where is Seanoise?
That is why I am staying in. Having a hard time seeing Dr. Imhoof getting screw after investing close to $10mm in GTHP. Once we get the loan I am hoping we gradually move higher ahead of the FDA face to face meeting. At the end of the day, the stock will only move with FDA approval close to year end.
As this discussed I decided a couple weeks to hold my GTHP stake until we hear from the FDA. Gmeabrk, we all agree Cartwright is a huge step up from the mgmt that was in place in early Feb. Then again, my dead grandmother would be more effective than Faupel. Currently, we are hostage to the future loan provisions? GTHP only had $600K at the end of December and the money was suppose to last until the end of March. As a result, everyone is waiting to find out about additional funding. With no clear catalyst before FDA and the need for capital no one is going to step in so we continue to trade lower. We need to get funding out of the way to make progress IMHO. For 2014 GTHP is all about the FDA, and I think Cartwright really helps in that front.
GTHP PR finally figures out they are a finalist. Does any company has a worse PR? I posted this news 3 days ago!!!!!! OK what is happening with the loan?
I am critical of Gmebrk.... but quite honestly he offers more to be board than you.
I hope you are right. I am surprised how low GTHP is trading. I agree that Cartwright is the right person. I just hope it is not too late. I decided to hold until I hear from FDA. It would be naive NOT to be a bit worried how the stock is trading.
GENERAL HOSPITAL DEVICES AND THERAPEUTIC PRODUCTS
-- IsoGel AIR therapeutic support surface. Manufactured and submitted by
Stryker Medical (Portage, MI).
-- LuViva Advanced Cervical Scan point--of--care, non--invasive cervical
disease detection device. Manufactured by Guided Therapeutics Inc.
(Norcross, GA). Submitted by Big Bang (Decatur, GA).
-- MetaNeb system. Manufactured and submitted by Hill-Rom Services Pte. Ltd.
-- MuV patient transfer system. Manufactured by CEGA Innovations LLC (Sioux
Falls, SD). Submitted by Kablooe Design (Blaine, MN).
-- RENASYS Soft Port. Manufactured and submitted by Smith & Nephew Inc. (St.
-- SmartSite VialShield closed-vial access device. Manufactured and
submitted by Yukon Medical LLC (Research Triangle Park, NC).
LOS ANGELES, April 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Canon and Medical Device and Diagnostic Industry (MD+DI) are pleased to announce the finalists for the 2014 Medical Design Excellence Awards (MDEA), the Medtech Industry's Premier Design Competition. MD+DI's April issue features the 54 cutting-edge finalist products and companies. Winning products will be announced at the 2014 MDEA Ceremony on Wednesday, June 11, 2014. The ceremony will be held in conjunction with the MD&M East event at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York, June 10-12.
The MDEA Program recognizes the achievements of medical device manufacturers, their suppliers, and the many people behind the scenes--engineers, scientists, designers, and clinicians--who are responsible for the groundbreaking innovations that are saving lives; improving patient healthcare; and transforming medtech worldwide--one innovation at a time.
Entries are evaluated by an impartial panel of medtech experts. Unlike other design competitions, the MDEA Jury is comprised of a mix of practicing doctors, nurses, and technicians alongside industrial designers, engineers, manufacturers, and human factors experts. MDEA finalist and winning entries must excel in areas of design and engineering excellence; manufacturing and technological innovation; clinical efficacy; cost-effectiveness; as well as overall benefits to patients, end-users, and the healthcare industry.
The 2014 MDEA Juror Panel selected 54 exceptional finalists in 11 medical technology product categories.
2014 MDEA FINALIST Products and Manufacturers (alphabetical by category):
Visit the MDEA Finalist listing on MD+DI to see detailed product descriptions, images, and company credits for the manufacturer and submitter companies being recognized, as well as the supplier and designer companies who worked with them to develop these award winning innovations.
I expect to hear from GTHP about the bridge loan sooner rather than later. Would be nice to know when they will have the face to face meeting withe FDA. Maybe we get an announcement of a partnership that can bring some much needed $$$.
I think the stock is stuck between 45 and 50 cents. Basically, the stock is too cheap to sale but there is no catalyst to justify starting a position or add to the position. We are not getting a FDA decision until the end of the year if they file just after the face to face meeting. It looks like dead money. First, we need to find details about the bridge loan and then wait for the announcement of the FDA meeting date. After the FDA meeting we might see some movement. For those thinking that the FDA is not the most critical factor in determining the price of the stock short term they are very very wrong. So we wait and hope. Too cheap to sale but why buy now. The people screaming buy buy buy.... are now mostly gone. Gmeabrk and others now realize that international sales will not be the catalyst short term. I stopped posting because I think the stock is dead money. Again no reason to buy or sale which is reflected on the pathetic volume.
Unfortunately I believe that is the case for many reasons. The stock will probably trade to @ $1.50 or higher after approval which will allow for a meaningful secondary down the road. In addition, it adds to the credibility of the technology and I expect real acceleration of the international roll out. Anyhow we are looking at FDA by year end. Until then the best we can hope is that we hold our ground above 50 cents.
1. FDA. I fully understand and support the need of a face to face meeting with the FDA prior to filing. It is the only logical path forward. However, we are now looking at FDA approval just before year end. It delays my payout my 60-90 days, but I have to agree with the decision. I feel better about getting approval but hate having to wait an additional 3 months. Cartwright a big plus here.
2. International Sales - The ramp is extremely disappointing. Hoping new CEO can guide GTHP towards actual sales. I think GTHP is on the brink but obviously each country is testing and implementation will occur later than expected.
3. Financing - I expect a bridge loan. Probably announced before the end of the month. I am assuming they will raise enough funds to get them to the FDA decision. Once approved and with stronger international sales an additional capital raise will be much easier. Dilution? I am hoping GTHP can issue shares as collateral for the loan that they can buyback at a designated price. Seems like a logical approach for shareholders.
4. Critical variable - FDA, FDA, and FDA. International sales are growing too slowly to help. The company needs FDA approval to truly be viable despite what I expect complaints from many on this board. Binary event. FDA approval, GTHP's explodes higher and capital becomes much easier. Rejection in my honest opinion probably means the company is basically done.
I am holding because I think they will get FDA approve and I find these levels too cheap to sale the stock. My target still $1.50 but now it is the end of the year. At least we have a grown up in charge. Having Cartwright makes me believe FDA will happen. If I am wrong and we do not get FDA approval then I will sale for whatever I can get when the news comes out.
I think the risk/reward favors the bulls. Might get bumpy. Once we get over the bridge loan I think the worse is over and might start to ramp up ahead of the face to face meeting. Best of luck!
I feel trapped. I have 120,000 shares at 47.5 cents. There are no buyers so it is not like I can sale at a decent price and move on. At this point, I am expecting an announcement about the loan and how that affects equity if any. Face to face meeting in 60-90 days and then they have to submit for FDA approval. As a result, no FDA approval this year. On the other hand, decent CEO. For a long term trade it might work. Is was a spec play. I am going to hold for lack of a better choice.
only a couple thousand shares because there are no bidders. It could go down to 45 cents in 5 seconds if someone placed a large order to sale.
As soon as the conference ended the stock went south. Holy, the market is not agreeing with you.