Sat, Feb 28, 2015, 2:08 AM EST - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Yamana Gold, Inc. Message Board

edfiggy 2467 posts  |  Last Activity: Feb 25, 2015 3:34 PM Member since: Jul 24, 2003
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • Reply to

    Bad news leaked

    by baci7470 Feb 25, 2015 1:24 PM
    edfiggy edfiggy Feb 25, 2015 3:34 PM Flag

    Please call Cartwright. Talk to the CEO about it. You are wasting your time with investors relations. I gave you Gene's cell number. Please call him!

  • Reply to

    Bad news leaked

    by baci7470 Feb 25, 2015 1:24 PM
    edfiggy edfiggy Feb 25, 2015 3:12 PM Flag

    Agree. Great product. What a waste.

  • Reply to

    Bad news leaked

    by baci7470 Feb 25, 2015 1:24 PM
    edfiggy edfiggy Feb 25, 2015 3:12 PM Flag

    That is not true at all. They consistently over promise and under deliver. They consistently make poor decisions like doubling production in the fall of 2014 "ahead of orders" that we continue to wait. They consistently miss deadlines, A finally, the stock consistently goes down. That is consistent!

  • Reply to

    What you think?

    by baci7470 Feb 24, 2015 7:05 PM
    edfiggy edfiggy Feb 25, 2015 9:55 AM Flag

    Outright approval (5% probability) the stock moves to $1 without announcing orders prior to FDA decision and $1.50 if they announce 1 order. Path Forward (Panel - 75% probability) 30-50 cents depending on order announcements because it leads the way to financing. Non approval letter (20 % probability) with more questions and starting the PMA process will sink the stock to 10 cents.

  • Reply to

    4th quarter conference call....March 25th

    by lwe6638 Feb 25, 2015 8:36 AM
    edfiggy edfiggy Feb 25, 2015 9:38 AM Flag

    Larry it is true that large orders will take the company to break even..... However, can they get the freaking orders? I think the issue is credibility. They have talked about getting large PO's from Kenya, Nigeria, Mexico and Bangladesh now for a long time. They just need to get 1 order to reestablish some credibility ahead of the FDA decision. 1 large order would change the landscape but they need the order sooner rather than later. I heard of Kenya any day now for over 4 weeks. Hopefully "any day now" is this week.

  • Reply to

    Next several weeks?

    by fws1700 Feb 23, 2015 10:23 AM
    edfiggy edfiggy Feb 23, 2015 5:44 PM Flag

    If I had to choose between the stock moving up 5 cents and Cartwright's life I would not bet on his lifespan :-) Yes it is dark and twisted. As I posted before, I wish I could buy him a one way ticket to the amazon jungle and introduce to some of the locals. Maybe wrap phone to his head just to call him each morning to let him know the rescue team is on his way "any day now". Just like he has been telling us about Keyna and Mexico for the last month.

  • Reply to

    Next several weeks?

    by fws1700 Feb 23, 2015 10:23 AM
    edfiggy edfiggy Feb 23, 2015 12:42 PM Flag

    One upside about Gene's trip to Turkey. The plane crashes and we collect key officers insurance.

  • Reply to

    Next several weeks?

    by fws1700 Feb 23, 2015 10:23 AM
    edfiggy edfiggy Feb 23, 2015 12:40 PM Flag

    Cartwright is worse than Faupel and that is not a very high bar. I think my dead grandmother can do better than Cartwright. He consistently over promises and under delivers. His timelines are consistently way too optimistic and we are still waiting for him to announce 1 order since becoming CEO of GTHP. We would be better off with Faupel as CEO and avoiding Gene's salary.

  • Reply to

    Next several weeks?

    by fws1700 Feb 23, 2015 10:23 AM
    edfiggy edfiggy Feb 23, 2015 12:21 PM Flag

    Seanoise sold his position in January after confronting Gene for a very poorly worded e-mail to Tonoos that was posted in investors village. I trimmed my position by half due to the lack of orders last week. Since November 26th Gene has promised me orders " ideally" this week or next. After 4 months of orders "any day now" Cartwright is headed back to Turkey. GTHP claims everything is great. Just like the boy that cried too many times, GTHP mgmt has zero credibility. Where are the orders Gene? After 4 months you decided that all is not great and it is time to find out why the orders keep getting delayed? By this point we were suppose to have announced Kenya and Mexico but we are still waiting. As far as the FDA, I think the decision slides to March and although I do not expect approval I think they will get a path for approval via a panel 6 months from now. Receiving a panel will at least provide GTHP with financing options but this company NEEDS to start announcing orders yesterday.

  • Almost 1.2mm in volume. Wish the price appreciation was a bit better but will take any green in this tape. Wondering if insiders are adding at these levels? The volume seems to indicate someone is accumulating the stock. I do not expect much movement until we announce large orders. Maybe the volume is telling us the orders are close? I am still hoping for Bangladesh this year and maybe another smaller order. We need to see Cartwright actually close these deals. Hoping for news this month. Time for Cartwright to earn his salary!

  • edfiggy edfiggy Dec 11, 2014 10:58 AM Flag

    Personally think that Cartwright needs to be more careful with his "guidance". As a CEO he needs to learn to be more cautious. He is willing to talk to shareholders but tends over promise and under/never deliver. Let's talk less and have at least 1 press releases about large orders and the sentiment will change dramatically. DELIVER RESULTS! Show me. Do not tell me.

  • Reply to

    no bounce = huge red flag

    by lilithwasfirst Dec 10, 2014 9:42 AM
    edfiggy edfiggy Dec 10, 2014 11:31 AM Flag

    I fully understand the frustration. However, it is too early to tell but agree Cartwright needs to talk less and deliver more.

  • Reply to

    no bounce = huge red flag

    by lilithwasfirst Dec 10, 2014 9:42 AM
    edfiggy edfiggy Dec 10, 2014 10:18 AM Flag

    I do not expect a bounce until (really a big if) we start seeing large orders. We need to ask Gene "Faupel" Cartwright where are the orders?

  • Reply to

    newbie here would this help

    by splicerdog Dec 9, 2014 6:12 PM
    edfiggy edfiggy Dec 9, 2014 11:25 PM Flag

    I would wait to see if Cartwright can deliver on one large order. You might miss the bottom by 5-10 cents, but I think it is the safest strategy. The company should be on the brink of announcing the Bangladesh order. If they start closing deals then you are investing (not gambling) on a company with plenty of upside. As a shareholder with a cost basis of @38.5 cents (had to add at @22 cents to lower my basis) that would be path I would take based on my experience with Cartwright and the stock.

  • Reply to

    The path to higher prices

    by edfiggy Dec 4, 2014 9:07 AM
    edfiggy edfiggy Dec 9, 2014 4:35 PM Flag

    Well at least we got insiders buying at 22.5 cents and they can not short their shares. Now we need a sales update or better an announcement of a large order.

  • Reply to

    IV Board GENE Spleen

    by piehole91121 Dec 8, 2014 5:07 PM
    edfiggy edfiggy Dec 8, 2014 6:57 PM Flag

    I am still puzzled by the lack of interest in attracting a partner. Instead of the toxic financing a strategic partnership was a much better route for shareholders. Maybe Cartwright was more interested in keeping his job than maximizing shareholder value. He needs to keep his mouth shut and start delivering real and tangible results. He better have some press releases announcing large orders this month.

  • Reply to

    IV Board GENE Spleen

    by piehole91121 Dec 8, 2014 5:07 PM
    edfiggy edfiggy Dec 8, 2014 5:15 PM Flag

    As far as I am concerned Cartwright has consistently over promised and under delivered. He needs to keep his mouth shut and start delivering for a change. Just my 2 cents and rant :-). How about firing Faupel and his $200K salary DESPITE his demotion from CEO to "Scientific officer". That is a good start.

  • edfiggy edfiggy Dec 8, 2014 5:07 PM Flag

    That is the expectation and hope. We are due for a response from the FDA by January 24th. Cartwright expects a panel review date in Q2 as a result.

  • edfiggy edfiggy Dec 8, 2014 5:02 PM Flag

    Pie, I hear you. I am so frustrated that I am ready to dump my position and take my loss. At least, it will help me with my taxes. I have underperformed this year because of my "Misguided" faith on GTHP and Luviva. I keep hoping but is becoming clear that Cartwright is no better than Faupel making promises and forecasts. Large orders are always one week away. No Banglasdesh order this week it is time to for me to close my position and finally end this disastrous chapter.

  • edfiggy edfiggy Dec 8, 2014 11:25 AM Flag

    We should have enough cash until the end of Q2 2015. We expect a panel review announcement by late January. As a result the panel review is expected by March/April. So we have enough cash to take us to FDA decision. However, we need to see large orders sooner rather than later.

AUY
4.27+0.06(+1.43%)Feb 27 4:00 PMEST

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.
Herbalife Ltd.
NYSEFri, Feb 27, 2015 4:01 PM EST