No matter how incriminating the news might be, that 99% institutional ownership will hold the line, and the other 1% will line up behind Icahn, like cattle to the slaughterhouse.
You can Einhorn all night long, speculate idly about a bubble on your navel, but all Facebook metrics point to a handy beat:
- All advertising + 20%
- ad impressions increased + 41% sequentially
- video ad and post replays+ 785% yoy
- all ads up & revenue/visit +2%
and Einhorn is a putz.
Adobe’s Social Media Intelligence Report analyzes paid, earned and owned social media trends. To come up with the numbers, the company examined 260 million ad impressions, 226 million post impressions, 17 billion referred visits and 7 billion brand post interactions.
According to the results from the first quarter, Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB)’s advertising business may have registered a 20% quarter over quarter increase in click-through rates. The survey suggests that the social network’s ad impressions increased 41% sequentially, which is a surprise because of how strong the holiday quarter was and how the first quarter usually marks a slowdown....
The researchers also found that ad clicks are outpacing impressions, as Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB)’s ad clicks rose 70% year over year and 48% quarter over quarter. Ad impressions increased 40% year over year and 41% sequentially. Click-through rate rose 160% year over year and 20% sequentially, although the social network’s cost per click slumped 2% year over year and 11% quarter over quarter.4
The survey found that brand posts with embedded video had 58% more engagement quarter over quarter and 25% more year over year. The social network’s video plays rose 785% year over year and 134% quarter over quarter. Text-only brand posts, however, are losing engagement and share. Posts with links increased 167% quarter over quarter and 77% year over year.
Credit Suisse analyst Stephen #$%$ upgraded his stock rating for Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) from Neutral to Buy and raised his price target from $65 to $87 per share. On the other hand, Goldman Sachs analyst, Heather Bellini also recommended a Buy rating for the stock with a $78 price target.
If the innumerable enforcement agencies now probing HLF become too aggressive, Herbalife can always seek protection under its 1st amendment right to free exercise of religion.
consume an HLF shake, for health improvement ~ now that's rich.
It's not trading at $10 because 99% of the float is institutionally held and share price is artificially supported.
it's just a day trade for me. i don't really see how anybody could play this dog any other way. Long-term short position, i can sort of understand, because the odds are favorable... long? No way. And then again, i've seen really bad bets pay off. It's the stock market - u never know for sure. Happy Easter.
Yeah, but Herbalife will probably not get shut down in America either. However, the revised regulations that emerge from this exercise will likely make the Herbalife scam far less profitable than it used to be.
Herbalife really exists, and we don't really care about Belgium.
You laugh bcus you don't really understand what i said (and u don't really want to). The bid would show 500 or so shares at $56.45... thousands of shares would get sold intro the bid, but the 500 shares never disappeared. An iceberg bid occurs when the broker leaks more shares into the bid as they get eaten up. The reason for doing that is you want to accumulate as many shares as possible without quickly moving the price up. Somebody was buying big time before the IL tweet, and he wouldn't be doing that if he were aware of news that would drive the price down.
You'd be better off if that happened, but it won't. and i guess you will never be better off. Do you honestly believe a dozen or more enforcement agencies are going to let this scam skate, just because "it was OK in 1974"?
i was watching tape all day, and all i saw was surreptitious (iceberg) buying ~ obviously, those buyers had no inkling of what would happen when the IL tweet hit.
You're late to the 21st Century party. The rules have changed. Icahn & crew are dinosaurs about to become extinct.