Since I've never claimed to be a scientist or doctor I have to defer to the more knowledgeable posters. It seems that NLNK's immunotherapy drugs are still not approved in any cancer and yet Roche has made a big bet here. They seem to be working on the same cancers that EXEL is working on.
They don't make any money unless sp goes up dramatically, as a matter of fact these RSU's are in lieu of cash payment, which helps out EXEL at a time of cost cutting. But go ahead and keep lying and boasting as you usually do, your turn to be humble will come soon enough. I have removed you from ignore and this will be the last time I respond to your poisoned rhetoric, because just responding to you makes me feel like I need a shower.
wilder, I detect a not of sarcasm, but after the recent events I'm not sure what to believe. Has the combo received fast track designation or not? Why has there been no PR if this is true? Is this franca guy just blowing smoke? If you can dispense from sarcasm for a minute I would appreciate it. Only have partial access to internet so I can't do my own search. Thanks
Thanks for the effort hairy, but I think that shipped has sailed with Roche's lackluster response to cobi+Zelboraf. Who else would be interested?
Sentiment: Strong Buy
"We'll see how things pan out for Cabo"
Are you making a connection to Comet-2 here? If Xofigo inventory is not restored in a timely fashion does that possibly mean that a successful Comet-2 result could lead to a QOL (pain palliation) alternative as a salvage therapy for those patients and test subjects who are in the midst of Xofigo treatment?
Too many of us buy for the wrong reasons (greed) and sell for the wrong reasons (fear). I count myself as one of those people, but occasionally even a blind squirrel finds an acorn. For the sake of the people who suffer from cancer I hope EXEL's efforts(and the efforts of other immuno-oncology companies) will someday be successful.
Many of the board's strongest supporters have abandoned their positions and some are even now slowly bashing the the stock in their frustration, and although I haven't sold, I count myself as one of those frustrated enough to have bashed the management as well.
In no way do I pretend that Warren Buffet would be interested in EXEL, but he does say that when everyone is selling he is buying. I added more today, even though I said I wouldn't a few weeks ago. I keep waiting for a climactic selling panic followed by a same day close above the previous day's high, ( historically known as an outside day) but as usual EXEL doesn't seem to act in accordance with the accepted norm.
So, in a nut shell, I won't sell here and neither should you, because the old axiom of "buy low, sell high" applies, and I'll leave the science to the scientifically oriented posters.
If I offended anybody in my previous posts I sincerely apologize and for now I will be taking a break from this and other MB's as I feel they are a constant source of agitation and too much misinformation. Good luck to the true longs, whoever you are.
Seriously, I can't decide if you unfazed bulls (you know who you are!) are just "whistling past the graveyard" or you really believe this stuff you write.
Since the Jan highs of 8+ nothing but nothing has helped the pps move higher. We've had short term bullish moves, ranging from a couple of hours to a couple of weeks. Not even a successful ph3 coBrim result could maintain any momentum. I think it has become apparent that the HF own this stock and they pretty much call the shots, up or down. I just hope they have decided to ride it up for a while.
I'm not going to comment on the science because I'm just a retired investor who should have known better, I made a few thousand dollars trading the range bound shares when they were in the trade-able range, but like most short term traders I got sucked in by own greed and now I'm just a bag holder waiting for to be bailed out by a takeover or a small miracle.
I wish I could say something of value for the other bag holders here but I got nothing. If insider purchases by a member of the BOD and a positive ph3 result can't move it, even while the overall mkt is making all time highs, doesn't do it, I don't know what will.
Whoops, I meant "fire Morrissey", and it's "Stelios" not Stavros. I need some more coffee. Have a nice day.
Call sellers were pretty smart to hedge their long positions. These option contracts were sold a long time ago and do not represent bullish buyers. The chances that they have to buy back these calls are pretty slim, all they have to do is let them expire, unless Stavros pulls a rabbit out of his hat and finds a buyer or maybe a new CEO. The Minn. Twins just fired their manager after 13 years of never making the playoffs. I think we need a new manager. The Red Sox won the World Series last year with a new manager and pretty much the same ball players from the year before. There is a lesson to be learned from baseball. The Orioles were pretty much the worse team in baseball until they hired a new manager (Showalter) and anew GM (Duquette).
I guess what I'm trying to say is that the BOD needs to man up and get some new blood and some new out of the box thinking. Fire Morrison already and get on with the future or sell the company. C'mon October!!
MF end of month and quarter portfolio adjustments before the end of the quarter. One more day of selling and then Mr. October will be back. GLTL
"Vesting of the Performance Options is subject to the achievement of certain clinical, regulatory and commercialization goals set by the Compensation Committee and approved by the Board. Each goal relates to Exelixis' development program for cabozantinib in renal cell cancer ("RCC"), including METEOR, Exelixis'phase 3 pivotal trial of cabozantinib in metastatic RCC. The Performance Options will vest in full or in part only upon achievement of the established goals."
"What's happening (or not happening) seems counter-intuitive in my experience. "
Agreed, but do you mean the "small" purchase by board member being a head fake or the lack of buying by clued in non-inside big hitters, or lack of buying because the news has not been leaked?
in any case, the lack luster performance prior to expected big news is more than worrisome. But at this stage selling is psychologically more difficult than averaging down. By now, I'm either going down with the ship or weathering the storm.
"The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part"
Sentiment: Strong Buy
I think he's trying to get to the cobo arena, or maybe he should just call a cabi.
I'm afraid that the pps action certainly seems to indicate that coBrim detailed results will not be any more exciting than when they announced they met the primary goal for PFS.
Thanks for your heads up on the PDL-1/cobi testing. I was not aware of it and it is encouraging to see that EXEL's potential pipeline seems to be growing.
Do you know if EXEL/Roche financial sharing on cobi would extend beyond cobi/vemurafenib?
We're getting close enough now that those who know would be reacting in the market place. All that volume on Friday(9/19) on no news ,except for option expiry, doesn't seem to have lead to anything this morning. Despite the Presidential Symposium designation there is a tight lid on the details of the coBrim results(even though we know it met it's primary PFS goal).This week promises to be very dull as the Jewish New Year will be celebrated Thursday and Friday.
Happy New Year to those who celebrate and good luck to the longs, with a reminder that miracles do happen.
Thnx quack, I didn't think of that. The actual volume on the close was actually 4.5Mil shares.
Shorts covering? Traders nervous about another Monday morning surprise? (Who could blame them!) Funds unloading? Who was buying? ..........lots of questions.
All I know is that 2Mil today is not as big a deal($) as it used to be. Good luck to the longs! Have a nice weekend.