They did say they were going to remain a public company that what was the alternative options thing was about. It is possible that the california plant announcement could be seen as a catalyst so if there is disappointment that might be a good time to buy shares again. At some point I believe it is going online because of the new requirements in california.. Gold is moving pretty good right now but I always keep watching geothermal out of the corner of my eyes and I am thankful I was able to buy shares under 50 cents a share. polaris looks like it is a good idea right now but it could get cheaper because alot of bond holders ended up being shareholders.
maybe I am annoying but you may have an announcement that a project in california will proceed, they had gave a target date that they would like to have an answer and the holes are already drilled but I don't think a delay in that would doom the project. the trouble with looking for a catalyst is that you may not get any warning and they have proven that they are skilled in management. These projects have the possibility of solar because peak energy is at night. I would guess they would be at $1.50 if there is a close timeline on a project, I was trading ora for quite some time and I still suggest taking the contrarian view and buying on bad news and not the mining view where you are looking for the catalyst.
your catalyst could be there is a catalyst in the future and when the storm hits, the drill breaks exc because life is full of disappointments you know that they will have another plant someday just not when.
If you buy shares and you have a disappointment the price is likely to go down. The price went from 33 cents or so to a $1 and then back bellow 50 cents. I would not be disappointed about a project extension I would see it as a chance to buy more shares. I was thinking they have the minor stuff where they change the cooling system exc but that should not be that exciting buy what do I know. You would have to pry my shares out of my dead fingers but I don't see any reason to buy more shares once you have them.
I was noticing globalx has a uranium etf that is 25% exposed to ccj/cco and has uranium participation corp. I would think they would probably do a mailing once a year exc with their take on the market exc.. I am not so familiar with everything in the etf though so if there is a dog in it I don't know.. maybe that is a good question for sprott.
I think you have plenty of time and I would save some in case ccj has a problem with their taxes, buy more on the bad news... I think I would also get uranium participation corp and some of the juniors. I personally am adding some gold stocks, sprott, polaris (formerly ram power).. nasm, nrf and psec is it goes down alot.. htm is moving like it has news or something so I would buy carefully.
I was looking for news of some kind, wish I was smart enough to buy in the 33 cent range instead of grabbing ram power.. Now that I have both (polaris now with the ceo claiming he can increase the div 400% over time) and I expect to see something happen at some point. merger or new plant announcement one or the other.
I would suspect they stand a chance but that the current dividend doesn't stand a chance. That doesn't mean that you cannot make a substantial amount from here. It is certainly worth alot more if sune is solvent and it would make them worth alot more. The math is probaly somewhat strange but I was counting the projects they have done as being lost. it is possible they get some of the money back though.
we will see it sure was explosive today, I am trying to get some gold positions on before everything takes off. maybe they should grab some uranium if gold is getting to exciting.
I have a tendency to think it isn't a takeover candidate, governments can be fickle and change their minds because voters like to get things without paying for them. It is a nice yielding play and I own alot that I just added to because of a merger in the space. though have you considered some of the geothermal stocks...
they can also buy back shares. it was trading at about that level on one of the purchase I made earlier in the month or last month. I am going to guess it could go down tomorrow if the market goes down. 5% is more stable than the 7% swings I was seeing earlier in these things. I am long nsam, nrf, nre and some perfered.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
they could change their focus to a diversified riet and grab shopping centers to go with their other assets. I dont think share buybacks are a good idea anyway since all the distro should be return of capital.
I believe it will work out all right. The red ink though was somewhat disturbing until it stopped dropping... I skipped a week making my odd lot purchases and the whole think slips back to better prices :) I am buying nsam though but I think the whole thing is very undervalued and we will just have to wait and see what the strategic alternative is. I am not realy all that big on taking cash for any of it to be sure.
I am long nrf, nre, nsam and nrf preferred.
I would think that you would back up the truck... I am accumulating nsam and just bought nrf and nre. I can hold forever though I am not in a hurry like a hedge fund would be in .
Sentiment: Strong Buy
I suspect it is nsam and a nrf share buyback and when it is all said and done nsam will be much more undervalued. I think it was a dividend on 50 million shares they just got a dividend on right after the quarterly report (I am going from memory maybe that is high but they bought alot of nrf)
looks like I will not be buying shares at below 7.50. I stopped trading the options after the merger though I am just holding. I think it went up because of the fed and if they had made the decision to raise rates it would have went down.. things look pricey.
There are a large number of brokers that will do it when you look it up in search. I would never sell a put that I don't own the stock of. I would be extra carefull with this one but terp looked intresting where You could buy maybe $1000 worth of shares and then sell the $9 put for $225 where the shares are trading at 8.75. This stock is political and you may have people that want you to loose money. The first thing I noticed when the lawsuit was dropped was the yieldco's went down and sune went up. To me that suggests that some of the buying is short covering and they were long the yieldcos. That is why I would stick to the yieldcos and expect to buy the shares when they call.