I would think you would hold indefinitely if you could afford it... I have been putting up some money for a nsam put.. I will be paying in the 11's most likely unless there is some news about the merger. I think I would rather buy shares of ivanhoe though with the cash.
I think the theory is that having management and the real estate back together will make it trade higher and also dilute some of the unpopular assets of clny most likely the single family homes while reducing some of the expenses a bit after the merger.
The last thing I want to see is an at they money deal using bellow nav currency at market price is a big no no,.
looks like $25 / stock price plus 5.2 according to what I see it isn't an attractive offer.
nrf is listed also as a target in a three way merger... I was glancing at the preferred d's and I see that they have to offer shares but I think there is some kind of discount. I was thinking it ment 5% of the stock price but I should proably look at that again since it said the formula is in more detail later. They cannot however offer to buy the d's because they have not reached thier call date but they could on the open market (and they may have been doing so since I am up $7 in less than three months)
I am going to guess just eyeballing it that 10% will be in single family housing after the merger and that the amount of the lending portfolio will be much bigger. I don't think nsam is a reit so there may be limits to what they can earn doing certain other activities. The warehouse portfolio looks good and they are increasing the management fee part by expanding the portfolio and selling shares to third parties.
The perfered d's say they can be converted into shares at par.
the quotient obtained by dividing (i) the sum of the $25.00 liquidation preference per share of the Series D Preferred Stock plus the amount of any accrued and unpaid dividends thereon to, but not including, the Change of Control Conversion Date (unless the Change of Control Conversion Date is after a dividend payment record date (as defined herein) and prior to the corresponding dividend payment date (as defined herein), in which case no additional amount for such accrued and unpaid dividends will be included in this sum) by (ii) the Common Stock Price (as defined below); and
•5.2966, subject to certain adjustments as described below;
nsam is trading at under 9 times forward earning according to yahoo and it is growing quickly. I would have to see the offer but I am leaning towards being not very thrilled but we will have to see what the price is and do more research colony. Supply and demand is much different than mismanagement and I would refer to what is going on as a half price sale.
I read something about a threeway merger between colony, nsam and nrf. The merger would be all stock according to the report. I am not sure that I care for the single family home part of the buisness and I would like to know how the shares are going to be priced.
They did say they were going to remain a public company that what was the alternative options thing was about. It is possible that the california plant announcement could be seen as a catalyst so if there is disappointment that might be a good time to buy shares again. At some point I believe it is going online because of the new requirements in california.. Gold is moving pretty good right now but I always keep watching geothermal out of the corner of my eyes and I am thankful I was able to buy shares under 50 cents a share. polaris looks like it is a good idea right now but it could get cheaper because alot of bond holders ended up being shareholders.
maybe I am annoying but you may have an announcement that a project in california will proceed, they had gave a target date that they would like to have an answer and the holes are already drilled but I don't think a delay in that would doom the project. the trouble with looking for a catalyst is that you may not get any warning and they have proven that they are skilled in management. These projects have the possibility of solar because peak energy is at night. I would guess they would be at $1.50 if there is a close timeline on a project, I was trading ora for quite some time and I still suggest taking the contrarian view and buying on bad news and not the mining view where you are looking for the catalyst.
your catalyst could be there is a catalyst in the future and when the storm hits, the drill breaks exc because life is full of disappointments you know that they will have another plant someday just not when.
If you buy shares and you have a disappointment the price is likely to go down. The price went from 33 cents or so to a $1 and then back bellow 50 cents. I would not be disappointed about a project extension I would see it as a chance to buy more shares. I was thinking they have the minor stuff where they change the cooling system exc but that should not be that exciting buy what do I know. You would have to pry my shares out of my dead fingers but I don't see any reason to buy more shares once you have them.
I was noticing globalx has a uranium etf that is 25% exposed to ccj/cco and has uranium participation corp. I would think they would probably do a mailing once a year exc with their take on the market exc.. I am not so familiar with everything in the etf though so if there is a dog in it I don't know.. maybe that is a good question for sprott.
I think you have plenty of time and I would save some in case ccj has a problem with their taxes, buy more on the bad news... I think I would also get uranium participation corp and some of the juniors. I personally am adding some gold stocks, sprott, polaris (formerly ram power).. nasm, nrf and psec is it goes down alot.. htm is moving like it has news or something so I would buy carefully.
I was looking for news of some kind, wish I was smart enough to buy in the 33 cent range instead of grabbing ram power.. Now that I have both (polaris now with the ceo claiming he can increase the div 400% over time) and I expect to see something happen at some point. merger or new plant announcement one or the other.
I would suspect they stand a chance but that the current dividend doesn't stand a chance. That doesn't mean that you cannot make a substantial amount from here. It is certainly worth alot more if sune is solvent and it would make them worth alot more. The math is probaly somewhat strange but I was counting the projects they have done as being lost. it is possible they get some of the money back though.