I don't know that it will be a onetime thing.. origination fee earnings may have to be replaced by something though... either by getting higher interest rates or by jettisoning lower rating stuff on to someone else.
I think someone is building a position but maybe they are buying to much of it at once.. I was getting ready to buy more but I will wait or collect a nice bit of money if it pays out. I will assume that it gets appealed so I am not in a hurry.
You are buying a couple of days after the ex-div you should do well with that yield. I just bought at 9.60 (with a put) and sold at $11. with the put you can offer at 9.20 or better with a double digit dividend.. I would not day trade this thing with the news it has it probably doesn't need to increase the dividend but it could need to depending on what the borrowers do and other factors.
I think bip reacts to the Australian dollar (and U.S. dollar in general) even though the profits are hedged. 4.8 is a reasonable dividend and you have an increase coming in the first quarter so it is all good...
You do want to consider that the payout ratio is around 70% so that means that 30% goes into something either debt or more properties.
It may be because of the 5 year expiration of a lot of debt. The profit is a little flat and the dividend was reduced when it went public. I don't know if there is an escalator in the rents offhand and it may be good or bad that some of the leases are coming due.
I noticed they will feed your calltle on the website but I didn't see any mention about them buying the cattle to put on the lof for you. Seems like they have a lot of cattle feed to get rid of this year and the spread is real nice.
maybe someone who was lied to about the timing is trying to do insider trading... I like a merger better up here than when Icon tried to but it. (I bought more shares when he made the offer). I am long mostly shares but I bought a couple options just in case the buyers know something. After option expiration then I won't want an offer so much.
No one is shorting my shares, so I suspect there are plenty available... expiration was Friday so some people may have been selling before they took delivery. You have two weeks til the ex dividend now so most likely it will go up, unless there is bad new or panic and I would like it better if you did panic.
The best bang for your buck is the company selling the $10 puts for 95 cents... putting the cash in tbills waiting for that to call results in buying at $2 less than nav or around 20% annual return (nov puts). If they are allowed to count preferred or convertible preferred as equity they could even do it without lowering their fees perhaps. No one has borrowed my shares to short so if someone is they are doing it through the puts so there may be a lot of demand that can be taken advantage of.
I am not sure if convertible preferred shares count as capital or leverage for a bdc but I was looking at what call did where they sold the puts to get an even lower price. I would suspect the price would be in the high 8's and then if the price went up they would get over $1 a share or they would increase the nav per share In the buyback. they could always sell the shares again later.
I have been hoping for greater than for awhile.... I like the way they are growing the company anyway so I was thinking of buying more shares... I almost think they should be organized as a trust so they can take the other railroad over (or most of it as part of the settlement) and do other types of transactions, like owning a solar corporation...
How hard could it be to build a plant with the holes already there... My thinking is that it is cherry as long as the resource isn't declining.. This is on my buy list after rpg gets resolved (since I am committed to seeing it through to the end) hopefully I get shares of altera but who knows.
That's a cherry deal for them I bet makes them look more attractive (long term I don't mess with short term at all)