I personally like GALE overall but I think their Her2 BC receptor will fail in P3 trials.
I like the fact that GALE now will actually have a revenue stream due to the pain management product. They could be onto something, let's simply hope their research team keeps focus.
Another potential game-changer is Inovio (INO), if electroporation (overall, not just Inovio's) works to defend against cancers, this is the future of cancer cure (not simply a treatment to prolong life by a few months).
Electroporation consists on viral injections that teach your own body to seek and kill cancer cells without harmful chemicals such as Fluouracil, Cisplatin, etc.
It's going to be an uphill battle, but it's definitely the future of curing ailments.
GALE maybe a double to around $8.
DNDN is heading towards bankruptcy at a rapid rate. Zytiga killed everything provenge was about.
Newly issued shares have locking restrictions, be it 30, 60, 90/day, 6 months, etc. These were private placements (hedge funds, executives, large funds, banks, mutual funds, 401k's, etc). They cannot be traded until the restrictions pass.
We are blessed that they were able to raise such a solid amount. I figured any offering would be for around 10% of the market cap (40-60 million), the 9 figures blew my mind. Clearly there was interest, so the company went balls out.
Breaking 3.35 would be uber bullish, clearing 3.20 was the first hurdle.
$3.35 would make it likely to take out $3.50 with clear skies ahead for 20-25% upside.
152.4 million shares outstanding, give or take.
Market cap divided by share price = shares outstanding
Share prices multiplies by shares outstanding = market cap
Learn simple math folks.
Question is who will win? Could be Novartis, could be NovaVax. Could be both of us and might not be any of us. Novartis' study was a tad larger with 400 adults versus our 284.
Both results look very promising.
Either way, both results publish nearly hours apart (coincidence?) look very appealing and for the overall benefit to society for protecting against this virus strain. Timely PR releases indicate that since China publicly released the genetic coding of the strain, both companies began data crunching the DNA/RNA sequencing and interestingly enough publish their separate findings within 24/hours of each other. Props out to NovaVax for keeping pace with a global giant.
Too bad we do not have the Novartis cash flow or Government/Health Organizational pull.
NVAX would be pocket change for someone such as Novartis to acquire....wishful thinking.
Either way, I would definitely be a buyer from now until the results are published in print (mid-December edition) of the NEJM. Might see $4.50-$5.00 by the first quarter, depending on who reading.........
Shorties better cover? Dude...did you happen to miss yesterday? See that huge decline?
All shorts have left the building for a 60-100% gain, bagholders will be unloading next for tax losses before 12/31. Once the shoe drops below $5, institutions will walk away as well.
Started at $2, topped at $48, going back to $5 or less.
Precisely my friend. I definitely will take my chances holding shares here at $3.00, rather than buying more at $35-$40 (like SRPT) and pending a FDA panel outcome for fast-paced approval.
People gambles in SRPT and lost heavily. P3 will cost SRPT some $200-$300 million so they have a long and challenging road ahead of them. They might see $8-$10 before they see $20-$30. However both scenarios are pretty much expected (as long as the P3 trials run smoothly).
NVAX is a worthy risk-reward investment here.
FDA wants more testing, SRPT down 60% to $15.24, long way away from Tanner's $48 price target.
Makes you wonder...
FBR Capital initiates coverage on Sarepta Therapeutic (NASDAQ: SRPT) with a Market Perform. PT $48.00.
Analyst William Tanner, Ph.D comments, "Data from a Phase IIb study of small-molecule drug candidate eteplirsen suggest that the compound may be effective for treating Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD). Notwithstanding the unmet medical need and uniformly fatal nature of the disease, the small number of patients tested may challenge the FDA's willingness to grant accelerated approval, in our opinion. Data from clinical testing of the competitive drug candidate drisapersen suggest that the compound's future may be bleak, but we believe, a priori, that may not translate into a higher probability that the FDA will approve eteplirsen prior to conduct of a larger pivotal study."
Who called it baby, who called it.
6 thumbs down and no thumbs up.
Everyone enjoy that 25% haircut in 30/days. Ouch. Told ya so.
Learn how to trade.
XOMA is going to $2.25-$2.50. Have fun.