I was looking to buy URZ instead of URG when the IRA funds were transferred but I wanted 1.05 and they had already started to move. Both good companies imop but before the merger with EF apples to apples URZ was the better bet imop. URG has the benefit now of potential takeover value added to the fact that they have stated no dilution in 2015. I'm thrilled URZ and EF have moved...hope King makes some money too.
Keep posting Dev....it's up to us to find the truth in these posts and I welcome all well informed opinions. Everyone needs to do their own DD. I checked the Japan times after your post and it made sense to take a little off the table. I am biased in that I believe strongly in Nuke power and am really tired of waiting on Japan.....wisdom rarely lives only on mountaintops or low valleys...I like to choose the middle road.
Why can't URG get on the Russell ? Market Cap? There's no sense bashing URG or pumping URZ. If it wasn't for EF URZ would be around a buck too. Seems to make sense holding some and trading some.
When I can make 8k in 2 days on my new IRA I just gotta take it. It was making 2% in 10 year T-bills. Still have 75k shares. I know not everyone sees suiters in line but I still believe the big risk not holding all is a buyout or merger.
Sold 30% of my shares at the pop this morning...really a difficult decision but after just adding? I hope we continue to rally and if we do I'll take the principal and profits and buy an oil stock. If not I'll reload later in May. I still think it's cheap but could retrace back to .90.
I'm certainly not happy with the move so far on volume and I'm concerned it will retrace. Having said that I'm more likely to sell a big block right before a real move up. Perhaps to 1.50 after some restarts. I'm just going to bide my time. I am pleased to see EF and URZ move back up towards fair value.
I know I know...it can all go to sheet on Monday but how bout letting us have a happy weekend there gloomy gus. If you bought some URZ then you bought some EF...good luck.
Just hit 6 bucks on the Toronto exchange. this is not about 1 company..the whole sector is moving on volume. I'm assuming it's the deal with CCJ warming up the speculators, wait till the Funds start buying.
Barack Obama has issued a presidential determination, published in the Federal Register yesterday, on a proposed agreement for cooperation between the USA and China concerning the peaceful uses of nuclear energy.
A presidential determination is a document issued by the White House stating a determination resulting in an official policy or position of the executive branch of the US government. Presidential determinations may involve any number of actions, including setting or changing foreign policy.
"I have determined that the performance of the agreement will promote, and will not constitute an unreasonable risk to, the common defence and security," Obama wrote. "I hereby approve the proposed agreement and authorize the Secretary of State to arrange for its execution."
In a statement to the US Congress yesterday and published by the White House the same day, Obama said the proposed agreement had been negotiated in accordance with the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 and other applicable laws.
"In my judgment, it meets all applicable statutory requirements and will advance the nonproliferation and other foreign policy interests of the United States," he said.
The proposed agreement provides a comprehensive framework for peaceful nuclear cooperation with China based on a mutual commitment to nuclear nonproliferation. It would permit the transfer of material, equipment (including reactors), components, information, and technology for nuclear research and nuclear power production. It does not permit transfers of any restricted data. Transfers of sensitive nuclear technology, sensitive nuclear facilities, and major critical components of such facilities may only occur if the agreement is amended to cover such transfers. In the event of termination, key nonproliferation conditions and controls continue with respect to material, equipment, and components subject to the agreement.
Even Uranium Resources, Inc. (URRE) is moving and that's one real stinky POS company. Of course they are coming off 10 year diluted lows.
700k shares...just kissed a buck and we have 2 hours left. If we blow through the recent high of 1.06 this week?
Whoa...not just UEC...lookee at CCJ today...man already 3m shares.
I won't say it...nope not gonna say it.....I won't say the energy traders are taking a new look at the UR space....just would be PURE SPECULATION on my part :-)
I hate a shorty just under general principals...did it one time and scared the bee-jesus out of me being naked and not having the trade covered. It was on an oil ETF too so you know how that can go. Lol...think I made 300 bucks.
It's nice to see them backing away from the Abyss. No $3.50 for you King...sorry.
I'm guessing that once they complete the merger with URZ the combined market cap will be re-assessed and may not be as dismal as the post announcement valuation. Their will be synergies and cost savings and they will pump the lowest cost ore into common contracts, storing the rest for better days. I'm a long way to break even but I could see 10 dollars in 12-18 months which would be a big relief and a smaller chance of much higher prices depending on the spot recovery. $4.00 was probably a really good entry point a few weeks ago.
Thanks, I like OAS as well and think it could be a double getting in around 14-15 in the next 12-18 months. Gotta wonder what Carl Icahn is doing doubling down on CHK though?
Finished loading up yesterday at .92...more than I wanted to pay. My average is around .87 or so. If it moves quickly I think i'd sell half at 1.20. This sector is just too unpredictable not to take a profit. Look at URZ, I sold pre-market on the buyout news around 1.35 thinking it was a mistake at the time. Good luck fellow Potato Heads :-)