1. Almost certain GOP victory in Nov. elections, probable recapture of Senate. GOP is friendlier to coal.
2. Decline in Ukraine production may raise demand for U.S. coal.
3. Japan & China using more coal to generate power. Coal safer after #$%$. disaster in 2011.
4. Investors & funds are extremely underweight in coal stocks. Be a contrarian here. May not move right away, but little downside risk imho.
5. Possibility of industry mergers & consolidation which will reduce costs.
6. Possibility that more coal will be turned into oil by SASOL liquifaction process. Breakthrough is on the way in liquifaction. Will raise demand for coal.
1. If the market selloff continues, investors will sell their winners as well as their losers. In fact, in selloffs there is a tendency to want to lock in profits before they evaporate.
2. Valuation. 63 trailing & maybe 55 forward is at the top of the range for even hot stocks.
3. Technicals. If you look at the chart, CMG could be at the top of a "broadenning top" or "megaphone" formation. This dangerous formation was last seen right before the 1987 market crash. The lower chart line projects down to the $470 area.
Lock in profits on at least 25-50% of holdings.
Really? I thought Yellin just said the markets were "frothy & speculative". I doubt if she'd mind a 10-20% decline. It would take something like 20-40% to get her to move in.
Has barely budged. It will.
Syb, I won't tell you how much money I made in SP500 & other putz today.
Maybe Geegee is a better contrary indicator than Ski idady. He posted yesterday.
The article said Hartford turned them down--wouldn't insure them. Really? Hartford was foolish to turn this business down--HLF will never lose a lawsuit, right????
Article said that HLF was seeking insurance from Hartford Insurance Group that would pick up the costs if the directors were sued. It also said that the Hartford exec who revealed this info was fired for disclosing private company info.
Now why would HLF directors need liability insurance? This company is squeaky clean!
Increase the supply of stock to meet demand. $25 would be fair, pay off debt. Everyone wins.
Raise more cash to pay off debt.
The chicken bro's are savvy.
Not suing seems to be a red flag. After what Ackman said, they have to sue if they have been libeled. If they don't sue, it raises questions.
Retired comedian. What happened to Phil? Been quiet lately.Almost as innactive as Nasduck600.
GOP landslide good for coal stocks; don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.