Chatter already has BMY looking to take it out. Genentec/Roche and others will be circling shortly. This company is ridiculously undervalued - should sell for $35-$30 a share.
Notwithstanding the fact that I was being a little facetious in my post for the reason behind an absent press release, spader, you need to dial it down, cowboy! The serious part about my post is that anyone including you would be a fool not to think there have been some very quiet talks with potential acquirers over the past few months about what a deal would look like, pending FDA approval. ACAD has been discussed by analysts for over two years as a potential acquisition target, and those discussions, if any exist, don't start the day AFTER FDA approval. They would have started the day after phase 3 results.
maybe they didn't get a press release out yet because they are nailing down details of a buyout announcement Monday morning...
right, they should have a conference call. Correct me if you think I'm wrong, but they just eliminated the 5/ug dose, which equates to the .005/mg dose that was successful in phase 2 trials. The 1/ug and.5/ug translates to .001/mg and .0005/mg significantly lower doses than the one shown to be effective. Is this continuation a hail mary pass? Somebody fact check me!
Holing, that thumbs down was meant to be a thumbs up but my thumb on iPhone missed the correct thumb! I agree with you!
I found it interesting that they terminate their Centerview relationship the day before they announce March scripts. Looks like once again the offers were not high enough.
Here's another reason why I question the motives of an analyst that makes an 11th inning bearish call on a company that IS ALREADY IN PLAY: valuations in a buyout are usually in part based on a premium over either a 5, 10, or 30 day stock price average. Not that it will solely determine the buyout price, but it definitely gives the buyer negotiating leverage to say "this is what the market thinks you're worth."
Any observer knows the cash burn is commensurate with market size, and right now this is a land grab. There is a lot of educating to do about benefits relative to ZS. As I've said earlier, we'll need to see that spend pay off fairly soon in sales ramp, but with a buyout pending the equation is now a little different, in my opinion. Let's see what March numbers look like...
To weigh in with a neutral rating and a 50/50 speculation on probability of a buyout AFTER Relypsa hired an M&A broker to field offers simply smells like a hidden agenda to be. This wasn't just a rumor, second time around. No firm was hired last time this happened. This time the buyout discussions are out in the open. A $22 call is an irresponsible analyst looking for an audience, IMHO.