george, I was about to congratulate you for your short position from 180 to 160, but I see you are putting out misinformation. Like this: "But the pediatric [trial] was put on hold by the RAC for two years." Wrong. the RAC recommends a two year delay. It is a non-bonding recommendation, and the CEO has already publicly said that they disagree with the assessment, meaning they will proceed as planned. He also said that the chance of the FDA reversing their directives, which is to proceed with the trials, is near zilch.
TKMR since their secondary had to abandon their EBOLA vaccine, and they are purely a speculative play - nothing even in phase 1 in B Hep. BLUE on the other hand may have just cured sickle sell and beta-thal. Big difference.
once the secondary is closed with the 10$ over allotment taken, this will go back to 180+
George, I'm the first to hand it to you on your trade here. You made some $$$. I wouldn't let your trade linger, however.
If recent history repeats itself with most biotech secondaries on hot stocks over the past two years, , this will price in the 171-173.5 range, and then will be taken over $180-190 in short order, like in the next two weeks after it prices. Why? the price of the secondary establishes a new floor to valuation, as it tells existing holders that new and existing buyers of the secondary are willing to enter at this price with the expectation of going a lot higher. This isn't the case at all when a 'cold' company is bleeding cash and needs more desperately. But for a hot biotech like BLUE, watch out.
It doesn't. biotechpick is noting that in the treatment arm there was a thickening of the retina, which was one of the surprises in this data.
Wow I got that one wrong! Vision held and slightly improved, with fewer injections. Stock has tanked 60%. Obviously people are thinking that this will be relegated to a minor adjunct therapy in conjunction with Eylea or Lucentis, and not a replacement. Bottom line: the so-called gene therapy didn't work to cure anything here. There was clearly some efficacy, but on a commercial scale it's hard to see the economic return here.
...all of 10 months ago:
Receptos Up 8%; Wedbush Sees Possible Takeover
John Seward , Benzinga Staff Writer
August 25, 2014 4:43pm
Receptos RCPT 4.63% closed Monday just short of a 52-seek high after an analyst suggested the drug development company could become a takeover candidate.
Receptos is developing drugs for a range of immune system disorders including its lead product for multiple sclerosis and inflammatory bowel disease.
Wedbush's Liana Mousatos, who reiterated an Outperform rating and $63 target, said a conference slated for September 10 in Boston could become a venue for the company to unveil positive data from current drug trials.
Mousatos expects a Phase II trial of its treatment for inflammation of the esophagus to launch in the second half of 2014 along with release of interim results from a trial of its colitis drug.
Receptos closed Monday at $50.69, up 8.24 percent.
We've come a long way in a short time!
Sentiment: Strong Buy
I'm with you. This is a buyout if there ever was one. There are art least four companies licking their chops on this one. It's worth north of $11 billion, easy.