it has always been in relative terms...compared to others...now it's is also in ABSOLUTE terms...long with half hedging short RFTA could be also an idea...too many $ difference...
the world should change or the management delist the company so at least we can "touch" the NAV
unfortunately turnaround not coming. It's another dead trap I fell in.
I am speechless. I have been waiting for months following the stock then finally a correction came and I jumped in the $40s. The company HAS TO DO SOMETHING to stop this!
I'm making of NYMTO my biggest holding. Getting rid of all the other junk. This is not rated but secure company without individual issues and if another recession comes they will shine!
NRF, RAS and NYMT are just some of the victims of this crazy sell-off. Debt and Equity sold like never before. If you find hard to choose the right pick get a closed-end fund specialized in the sector ...you can get another 20% discount due to nav well below prices!!! MADNESS.
Nobody I know is shorting. They are selling. Many boutiques closing high-yield shops, some giving back cash to investors. Market makers do not keep inventories since last year . This is not rated and me fool I did not consider before investing. I thought it can trade around par for ever until interest rates do not jump. Ok, now we face the blues of reality for sure I won't jump ship. A price in the low 20s seems quite feasible if management is able to do something good after the carnage they started.
thanks to remind me...got caught in the sell-off...been accumulating all year that and NYMTO...now what? Double again...sell everything? I think this doesn't make sense since if junks are worthless equities have further to fall, but instead equities have always rebounded strongly this year. Speechless, maybe I won't do anything till January. Now damage is done.
Thanks to this company my ytd performance is now in the red. And I did not have the common Enough to have RFTA as the top holding plus another couple of wonderful preferreds! NEVER EVER mess with bond. I will only buy municipals ETF. Better to risk money because of interest rates going against you, It is a macro variable and you can hedge it some way.
WIth all the cash they have plus the one they should save after dividend halved they might buy back almost all the bonds issued (RFTA/RFT). One way to regain some TRUST.