rock, I need to go out, so I already put in a sell on PGNX at 10.20, pls make it go to 10.20 while I am out. Thank you.
and, magically, BBH pops back over the 50 da line....
GILD reports tonite, that will decide if BBH and any biotech rally continues.
well, now you can get more at lower prices, all the way back to 9.50.
The Mkt has no leadership or conviction....there's no telling where it goes from here.
I'll buy back in for the same number of shrs, and see what develops.
In the selling, I bot very small positions of all the stocks we discussed as being potentially hot.
So I loaded the boat with 500 PGNX!! Big deal, I thot, I can add later.
Trading up 2 bucks right now!!
ps, I posted about ESPR, I bot yesterday under 71, it's currently trading at 74, but that can be very mercurial...
tks, I also heard on TV last nite that FB, like many, tends to sell off after the ER.
But, it is up this AM, and if the Asian mkts are flat to positive again tonite, all the stocks could be headed for a recovery.
But, I will wait...
I got some good news today on FB, I was sick that I had some in my IRA, and then I recalled that I sold it last week!!! (I still have a core holding in my LT acct)
So, now, instead of being sick that I let it drop 2.70/sh, I now think, is it a good time to re-enter?
If it were just FB and the mkt. I would buy now. But, FB reports on Wed.
So, any advice about getting back in? Now, before the rept, or after the rept?
fyi, I am leaning to the "after" answer, it's an IRA, I don't need to "buy risk".
Had bot ANTH at 10.80 on Th, sold at 11.65 on Fri, then bot back at 10.90, it closed at 10.81. Another I will add to come Mon...
EYES has had a lot of good news lately, and was green on Friday. EYES is a SURE 30 buck stock in a year or 2, but in between, who knows?
I am not sure the selling is done, but recall it was caused by a one-time event. There may be other bios reporting this week, but the only one I see on my personal calendar is ALXN on Th. So, I expect some recovery. Whenever it starts, here's a slew of ideas:
ESPR: When REGN last dropped from 540 to 480 on the FDA advisory council news (about 45 days ago), ESPR dropped from 100 to 75. On yesterdays news, it dropped from 98 to 70 almost instantly. It closed closer to 76. ESPR is also doing a cholesterol drug.
2 months ago, ESPR was 117, and all the reviews were superb, the future was rosy, the mkt was anticipating their submissions, etc. Really, nothing has changed except mkt perception of the stock.
I bot ESPR last time, rode it to 95, and I'll buy it again on Mon, and again, and again. It will get back to 100 at some point, there may be some downside if the mkt is soft.
SUPN- posted this many time, it was green yesterday.
RDUS- stayed green on the day after they priced a SO.
ITEK- could be a flash trade, and no way I would stay in overnight, but just look at the daily chart for Friday, whenever there was selling, buyers came in. It was up 200% on Th, then 15% on Fri in a terrible market.
On the non-bio front, TASR deserves a look, I don't know when they report, and I would not buy before the ER, but I have to bet that 95% of their business is domestic, so there is little exchange rate risk.
I have a list that has about 20 more than these, but I won't confuse you.
Tks, but not at all, I ended the week in the green. I had some AMZN, and sold 1/2 in the PM when it was up 100+, I never had a chance to make a sale with a stock up 100, so I sold. Had under 100 shrs, wasn't a killing, but a nice pop.
I had bot a lot of RDUS on Th, and sold all but 100 on Fri when it was up, made an ave of almost 2/sh.
I posted ITEK, I did 2 trips on it for small shrs, but made 1.50 and 1.00/sh on the 2 trips.
That was offset by a few notable drops, and a lot of across-the-board softness. RTRX down 2, etc.
So I ended the day deeply red, but not discouraged.
See my next posts on "bounce back" ideas.