Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Amgen Inc. Message Board

fredthecpa 8 posts  |  Last Activity: Jul 21, 2015 9:56 AM Member since: Feb 5, 2000
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • Reply to

    quarterly report

    by better3l Jul 21, 2015 7:55 AM
    fredthecpa fredthecpa Jul 21, 2015 9:56 AM Flag

    Yes, the year end audited financial statements is due out before July 30, 2015. The latest that I heard is that it will be out on July 27, 2015.

  • Reply to

    Fred-Conjecture on Co.'s Future

    by better3l Jun 30, 2015 9:32 AM
    fredthecpa fredthecpa Jun 30, 2015 11:02 AM Flag

    CSBR's disinterest in drug development was ast aside some time ago. However, I do remember an article recently though I can not find it now, that their reentrance into taking a royalty piece in drugs that they see may have a good future to fight cancer is a possibility. However, as I have said before, I must here more from management. Here is a good idea for you. Perhaps you can get involved in the CEO conference after they issue their year end financial statements and ask them the questions directly. They give out the conference number to call and perhaps you can pose your questions directly to the C.E.O at that time.

  • Reply to

    mylkvveed

    by better3l Jun 26, 2015 9:49 AM
    fredthecpa fredthecpa Jun 30, 2015 9:18 AM Flag

    Mylkveed:
    CSBR does not have any products to develop. What they do have is a tumorgraft technology in which a potential pharma or bio company interested in testing their product like a Merck or an Eli Lilly or a Teva will use their technology for a price and as part of the deal, CSBR would obtain a royalty or a piece of the action if a particu8lar drug is discovered. At any rate, regardless of this, I still believe that CSBR is a candidate for a takeover by Teva. This would require more time to explain why I think that way. Unfortunately, I do not have the time now since I am still a working CPA at 75 years old. I still disagree with your assumptions with your opinion that you mentioned above until I see the financials and the comments that management makes and I will continue to be a shareholder at least for the rest of this year.

  • Reply to

    mylkvveed

    by better3l Jun 26, 2015 9:49 AM
    fredthecpa fredthecpa Jun 30, 2015 6:16 AM Flag

    I believe that this is a conjecture on your part milkyveed. I have been in this stock from day 1 and I know the history of this Company. I have written over 170 messages on this site in that period of time. While I too am disappointed in the rather lackluster performance of the shares, I still remember Dr. Sidransky indicating that there will be some positive action within 6 months from the last financials. I have seen gloom and doom before on this board which has not come into fruition yet. I prefer to wait to see results rather than guess on management's goals. As I mentioned before if there is dilutive financing in the future it could be because CSBR will go back to participating in a joint venture with some of the drugs that they discover through their tumorgraft technology that would have a good chance of succeeding in fighting cancer. This would have a very positive effect on the stock and they may need the additional finanmcing. At the same time, the stock would move considerrably higher so that we will all prosper but perhaps not as much as we originally dreamed. The message that I am sending to this Message Board is let us wait to see the results rather than form conclusions from conjectures that may be totally incorrect.

  • Reply to

    mylkvveed

    by better3l Jun 26, 2015 9:49 AM
    fredthecpa fredthecpa Jun 28, 2015 9:16 PM Flag

    I have thought of this possibility. However, I believe that thought process, if it comes true, will be one that will take years to develop. I am still going on the assumption of a possible national stock listing and eventual buyout of the Company. I once bel;ieved that thjis stock was a grand slam home run stock. I still thinmk that there is good money to be made on this stock and until I see what will happen on a reverse split, I believe that selling this stock prematurely wopuld be much worst than holding unto it and see what develops. Again, I believe that the curent downside of this stock is 0.40 per share with a much greater upsidfe possible.

  • Reply to

    mylkvveed

    by better3l Jun 26, 2015 9:49 AM
    fredthecpa fredthecpa Jun 28, 2015 9:05 PM Flag

    Supposedly CSBr's goal; has been and con tinues to be to get listed on an exchange. If the stock remains where it is now, I believe that the split will be 1 for 10. However I always thought that the Company would get the stock up to $1.00 per share before any split and than the split would be 1to 5. I also have felt that the Company will be bought out by Teva in Israel. The future remainbs to be seen. While the above suppositions are possible, I am not buying into them until I see further development in the Company including the possibility of CSBR taking a monetary interest in drugs that they have tested. I think one aught to wait and see before they make any judgements. Some announcement may come by July 15th when the year-end financials are due,

  • Reply to

    Fred or anyone else

    by better3l Jun 23, 2015 2:40 PM
    fredthecpa fredthecpa Jun 24, 2015 9:12 AM Flag

    Excellent comment. It seems that they are working at opposite ends. Usually you increase authorized shares when you expect a positive split. Perhaps they intend to issue addditional shares of stock on another round of financing and that the reverse spilt will not happen now. It is a little confuising. I may be mistakien but I thought that the outstanding shares is now 104.4 million shares. I still believe that the split will be 5 to 1. However that was under the assumption that the current stock price would approach $1.00 per share. If it lingers at .50 per share, I anticipate that the split would be 10 to 1. That would be quite disappointiong to me. It appears that they want to keep the stock price at this level for the time being. With the lack of information coming from management it is difficult to say what will be ha[ppening. I do place a base price on 0.40 per share on this stock since that is the price that was bought into recently by the CEO and the President. Obvioulsy they know where the Company is headed over the short term. It would be nice if they feed us some nibbles. I am certain that they have a strategy for the movement and announcements that will cause these movements for the CSBR stock.

  • Reply to

    Unbelievable

    by fredthecpa Apr 29, 2015 10:07 AM
    fredthecpa fredthecpa Jun 10, 2015 9:11 AM Flag

    That is true. The rest of the investors are sleeping at this point. However, I still believe that within the next 4 months there will be some attempt at a reverse split. The fourth quarter was supposed to be a good quarter. Audited financials are due by July 15th. There seems to be a case for not letting this stock fall below 0.50 per share. Stay tuned and be ready for a significant move to the upside in the not too distant future.

AMGN
171.69+0.22(+0.13%)Jul 30 4:00 PMEDT