Sorry, I was so caught up in the crazy & frenzy last minute trading that I didn't get a chance to fully answer your original question... Anyhow as far as I know Habit isn't bigger than In-N-Out which has almost 300 locations--mostly in the southwest and over 28,ooo employees. However, I have to admit Habit has what I consider IMHO better quality burgers offered at somewhat better prices. Still the run-up today was crazy--way overdone. Truth be told I would have been happier if it closed around the mid $20s today before moving higher in later Qs. Right now I'm starting to suspect when the profit-taking sell-off eventually occurs, it will not be pretty.
If you're looking to get in, I'd wait...went up too fast on the 1st day... Not that I'm complaining but given the laws of physics...well you get the picture, right. Don't chase it, let it come back in a bit before opening a position. Still I have to admit...my one and major concern is that they off expand, but we'll see.
Presently I think the total is 109 current and under construction locations.
They presently have locations in:
Arizona: 6 Locations
California: 97 Locations
New Jersey: 1 Location [by looking to expand]
Utah: 5 Locations
They’ve recently also announced the expansion of the chain to include 15 franchisee locations in Las Vegas and another 25 in Seattle over the next few years, as well as in early 2015 they plan to begin construction in Northern Virginia.
He's family... Wife's 1st cousin. BTW, I plan on buying another 800 to 1000 shares if it dips lower in the next few days.
It was founded back in 1969 in Santa Barbara, California and up until 7 years ago was privately owned by the same family. In 2007 it was purchased by KarpReilly, a private equity firm which rapidly began expanding the chain. Their burgers are some of the best I’ve ever had—I should know, after all I own a few fast food restaurants myself. Still with 5MM shares outstanding… It seemed like a decent investment. But I guess time will ultimately be the judge...still I'm about 95% on the day, I only wish I had more than 700 shares.
Great, now were going to be subjected to headline grabbing statements like "Is Google looking to buy Netflix? Word on the street is that they are!" from CNBC… God help us if Cramer gets into the act.
I'm not one myself, so what I want to know is if the market starts to tread water again, or even sell-off further how much of a retracement are we looking at given recent gains? 5%, 10%, What? Best estimates if you can. THX.
You can thank ETrade Pro for that, originally I too was shooting for 130 but then had second thoughts so I trimmed my order by a 1/3 and lowered my limit price. You can say, I chickened out a bit. Still in the end I ended up paying a bit more--as I mentioned before, I ended up paying 136 for the rest which I could have bought originally @ 128 as well. Just goes to show you--over thinking & procrastinating has a price as well.
You got guts. I'll give you that. Persistent as well. I to started nipping at it after you mentioned it--bought originally 700 @ 128 and change this past Oct. Wanted to play the bounce, but ended up added another 350 @ 136 a week and a half later... Now, I can't make up my mind the closer it gets to its 52-week high. I guess I'll end up doing the same as soon as it gets closer to 170 range. THX for the reply and GL.
Started watching it after you mentioned it awhile back.
Don't know what to make of it because it's been up everyday since Sept.'14.
165 seems like a given at this point, possibly even 170 if this keeps up.
What's your take, I'd be interested in knowing since you traded it before?