Today's hold and positive close is not good news for shorts. Not sure what they will pull out of their sleeves next but CLVS fundamentals will take over again soon and this stock will be back above $50 before long - if for no other reason, because the millions of shorted shares need to be covered.
This reminds me of the Bernie Ebbers assertions in 2000 that WorldCom was going to be so big and so profitable, etc, etc. VRX shareholders should really dig into this roll-up business model because it's akin to a house of cards and can only work as long as they make acquisitions. There is no organic growth here. This model is doomed for failure. Just looking at the AGN proposal, how much profit would justify paying $55B+ for a business which was worth less than 50% of this number only a year ago!? AND, Ackman is playing VRX Board beautifully to make his own agenda work. His interest is ultimately different than that of VRX. Wake up and smell the coffee people.
Actually the news said that CLVS helped two patients who were dying. Can't you read?
Now is a good time for him and other insiders to buy some shares and put their money where their mouth is.
Blood on the streets - that's when you buy. Every bone in my body says don't buy now - however every time I have this sensation I've looked back in a couple of weeks and wished that I had.
So CLVS is down 15% on no extra news from yesterday?? Makes you wonder how the algo kings are manipulating this short float. Hang in there. I know this one will bounce when all the shorts start covering.
It would help their margins if Saphire becomes a major component in products. Of course, AAPL would probably sell off the PV business.
If AAPL paid $3B for a headphone company, what would it pay for a supplier with a big contract, game-changing technology in two separate industries and a proven management!?
Precisely. So the CEO and the AZN Board (soon to be removed) thought something like this: Why give in to PFE and give up the shares at $92 per share when we can bloody well grow our business and get to $90 in 5 years - with the risk of drugs not going to the market of course!!!?
I spoke to my Dr friend about Imbruvica. He said it's the only effective treatment out there for certain type of cancer. Based on how bullish he was, I stepped in.
Amazing how much EGO gets in the way of sound judgment! AZN will be below $60 in days and investors will have a just cause to demand the dismantle of the board and kicking out of the CEO. AZN is in trouble - just look at the past few years EPS and rev growth. They've had little success with new drugs to the market and they assume their pipeline (which is really an unknown) will be great! The same management who hasn't executed in the past and just rejected a humongous offer. This is pure incompetence. What am I missing!?
AZN is up 30% on the buyout news. If PFE walks away, AZN would give up $20 per share in days!! So management thinks they are better off independent?! Hopefully they can grow the business and profits so that in a couple of years AZN will be back to $80!! LOL.
Sold covered calls for June $25s. At least can collect 5% each month I wait.
Is this Cramer? The grand flip flopper? If BMY goes up to $55, then it's a buy, right? or is it a buy once it hits $60?
Given the negativity on this board, contrarian law says PFE will go higher! One thing that PFE will gain is about $5B to $6B in tax savings each year!!!!! Now that's not chump change for most. So spending $105B will get them a new pipeline, current profits of AZN, synergies to help them cut costs and $5B to $6B each year. No wonder PFE is hot to trot on this deal.
Seems to me that the US law makers don't want this because they collect billions in tax. UK govt and AZN want the deal but they know PFE will pay more for it. Synergies exist for PFE and AZN which pundits all agree with. It comes down to when not if this deal will happen and at what price. My gut says another 8-10% higher from the previous offer would do everyone lots of good. Even if PFE doesn't do the deal, the share price should really be in the $31 to $33 range once the arbs and bots move out. IMO PFE up 10% in the short-term is a no-brainer.
They are regulated and cannot give you that kind of info without first declaring it publically. If you see this as a negative, you shouldn't be playing in the market. You will lose your hard-earned money as you know not what you're doing.