Mory's sales history is hard to judge since he has sold at highs and lows. He has a substantial stake and given the program selling he has setup makes me put myself in his situation.
1) I would expect him to sell into strength, not weakness, especially given the suggested amount
2) Recent stock price coinciding with volume indicates more probability of good news than bad
3) Mory would only sell if there was volume to support it, or would be advised as such.
4) Probability of a 'significant' event is likely to support points (1) (2) & (3)
5) The fact that the stock rose on good volume the day after the news is telling....volume continues with stability. I have seen where people jump to take immediate profits, the stock settles and continues to surge. I expect the same for ZHNE
Open questions - what other means would Mory have to sell his shares as he has been periodically doing so on the open market? Is it the size of the sell that is of news and the need to file this?
I have been reading the posts and they are all pretty generic like mine so who knows, but let the facts (price and volume) lead the way.
Anilkoom is a little out there but I find the news on TE connectivity and his posts intriguing. I have seen companies partner, stake and then eventually buy. From my knowledge TE connect is a 20+B company while ZHNE is $100MM. Is there anything to this? I recall TE Connectivity having a previous relationship with ZHNE.
I personally am not buying nor selling into this as I own enough and think ZHNE is undervalued when considering a potential suitors value and the role nimrod came in transform ZHNE
all good specualtion
What gives you the idea that Fiberlan 10% rev composition is a catalyst when the fiberlan story has fallen off the radar in recent calls, revenue generation in that space does not comprise of huge deals to impact immediately and the company has been touting older / repurposed products even more than fiberlan? When Jim speaks of multiple 100% growth he is using that figure because the base is still under $2MM per quarter as of Q1
What are the hints that lead to a high probability in your presumption that 10% fiberlan is imminent or the basis for the next leg up?
Do postes on this board realize what it takes to bring in sizable revenue for fiberlan when it comes to pop denisity / size / transition plan from legacy to fiber etc?
thoughout the earnings cycle the MMs manipulate stocks lower the day of the release esp in the optics area. This is a great opportunity to buy in before the earnings as we may never see single digits again.
do you DD. I am putting my $ where my mouth is and will eat crow if wrong.
don't get me wrong, this is a terrible company with a dead brand but we are reaching a sentiment so negative that a dead cat bounce should yield 20%. This is a trade not an investment unless some wholesale change is shown.
Question is why you are so excited about bashing a penny stock. Those are a dime a dozen. Just go to the apple board and post 'this is a solid company - it could do well,'
I preface this with the fact that MIFI is a risky investment, but find the current price compelling in which to embark on that risk. The few points I will make now are brief and I will elaborate later...
1) I invest in the technology and the management and both are pluses to me. I believe in the vision and it is up to this mgt team to execute but it will take time.
2) Alex is a strong leader and innovator coming out of Telaviv University where a lot of telecom innovators have emerged so the connections and knowhow should be ingrained. His belief is taking technology from great ideas to industry leadership and that is what is trying to do with transforming the old 'Novatel'. My hope is he can maintain the UPOD mentality that takes to win with the wall street analysts
3) Opportunity - I have seen many times the period of uncertainty where there is a lot of speculation on negaitves (COO, acquisition, dilution) that creates the share price opportunity and think it has been artificially crushed in a short period of time.
4) Cheap Option - to me mifi is a cheap option for huge upside. I say it will be $20+ or sub $1 in a 2 year window and it is up to each of us to assign the % probability on those scenarios panning out. My math shows a 3 bagger with the probabilities assigned
5) Alex knows he cant do this job and doesn't have all the expertise so he hires A+ talent to those areas where he will need performance and mgt. He is great at that skill and knows the right team needed based on the aforementioned connection.
The risks are mgt's trust and execution to take this to the promiseland and time will tell...
Full disclosure, while 2014 was a rough small cap investing environment, 2015 has been my best. Rolling investments in here from the likes of NPTN, ZHNE, OCLR, AAOI, BRCM, SILC, HILL,
...but he doesn't own shares, hasn't in a while and doesn't plan to. So he has no skin in the game but lurks the boards and posts hoping for a reaction, which on several occasions caved. He thinks he is smart and knows the answers, but comes across as a disgruntled former employee or someone who has lost a ton (more likely) and doesn't like the idea of other's profiting because his investment and timing failed.
Nobody said that ZHNE is a spectacular company but if you paid pre 2012 prices you probably got shafted after several acquisitions didnt materialize on the investment and several false promises. Mory is an easy guy to poke fun at since his English is pfunny and he isn't the most energizing sales guy.
But at $.42 - $2 this company is mega cheap and created a huge opportunity to make money in 2013 and earlier this year.
Timing is everything....something PBWIS fails to acknowledge because he is so dead set on seeing the company fail, investors losing just as he did, or most probably both. Why else would someone with no stake be active posting drivel? Time is $
Wow - you actually make a decent statement...
'A 10B5-1 is NOT a requirement when/if this "something big" happens.'
On the first statement, posters have mentioned that he doesn't have to sell unless a price threshold is met. Not sure how much of that is true and why would he go through this exercise if he didn't plan to sell any.
At the least, the news has made next Q's conference call that much more interesting. Funny how we always seem to say that as ZHNE shareholders
To my previous question, why go this route when he can make sales periodically like he has been?
guys - every year companies are added and dropped to the Russell index. The effect on these companies stock price is negligible and I would look to other catalysts that will drive the stock price higher in the coming months, which I believe several exist.
a great disparity is forming between CALX and ZHNE / ADTN. I own both but find the following interesting after listening to the CC transcript.
- CEO - Russo may be a smart #$%$ o the analysts, but he is a very capable and competent individual
- CALX has invested to position itself for the future
- GM% - this is an area of where EPS expansion and upside surprise can stem from
- 2nd half growth story is intact - best rev for 2 consecutive qtrs. is likely
- Smart - they put a buyback program at the lows and will consequently reduce share count and expand eps at the best time
- stock is depressed due to historics
- stole a big tier 1 AT&T from ADTN due to simplistic vs complex model, validating the decisions to be made
- R&D - investments have been made and now the growth is set
ZHNE is none of these. I hope it gets sold for a moderate premium so I can move this cash to VDSI in the high teens. ZHONE is dead and the facts are the results.
Today OCLR announced its best operational quarter and guidance in a very long time, fueled by 100g growth and migrating from legacy products. This is accomplished by a management team that is fairly inept at doing anything right...
Of all validation points heading into NPTN's earnings, this gives me the biggest conviction that NPTN will announce a blockbuster quarter with raised guidance.
I will be buying up shares ahead of the CC which is against my philosophy. Last time I did the opposite and guessed wrong so hoping this is different.
My prediction is $90.4 MM with 31.7 GM and guidance being 93-97MM with a 31-33 GM% guide. EPS should beat on all accounts even with the added share count.
when this stock drops from 8.95 to 8.60 in seconds, just to rebound, it shows that it is finding its real value balanced by those willing to sell and take gains at any market price.
In my experience this is created in a situation where people feel the extremes - those thinking this is going much higher (big money insitutions) and current prices are a bargain VS
those that are happily selling thinking a correction is a certainty
90% of the time, esp with similar fundamentals as NPTN, the stock in these situations will go up significantly
I repeat - many small cap stocks move without news and you shouldn't be waiting for it. the key is this move has volume so it is to be assumed that there is some news (positive) avail to some and not us causing the recent run. A lot are in this stock for a potential acquisition as an end game and rumors can also come of this....
don't this so hard.
people do not wait 2 months to act on mgt's comments from a cc months ago - this is something different so you are trading based on bad assumptions IMO.
I am shorting a stock because the company has announced nothing new and it is all based on potentially false promises made 2 months ago is what your posts reak of and I will warn you that that is poor decision making on your part.
Im not debating your decision, just the rationale based on what you are constantly posting.
Bingo Doug - let's make money on these low volume dips.
Notice how this semi stock hasn't taken party in the semi run the past few years? Under $2 pre split
Those are relevant and good questions. I am still long ZHNE / CALX
I think the niche will lie in technology around a concept - fleet mgt - I owned CAMP when it transformed itself and think MIFI has the makings to do the same
To me, to win in the iot you have to have the right tech at the right time and size will come as a result... The acquisitions MIFI is considering make sense