Agree it's not significant from an actual earnings standpoint, but to put out the PR on the date earnings were to be out stating the filing will be pushed back is in a word, sloppy. It's understandable at the same time given new auditor and acquisitions that have to be rolled into ARCW's report. That said, management should have given the heads up on this sooner in my humble opinion.
I've been adding on the weakness this has caused and am sure that in a few weeks time I'll be happy I did.
Agree that earnings should be strong...especially revenue side. But...I think EPS could come in a little weaker than estimates due to costs of the 3 acquisitions- just my opinion. Analysts increased their estimate by a penny in the last two weeks, so they must feel pretty confident. Price action has been terrible last two weeks and stock is now down almost 30% from $25 high just 3 weeks ago. Share price is now back to where it was in May when the split took place. Not sure if this is people exiting because they believe earnings will be weaker than expected, or if it's the work of some shorts who took advantage of the rapid rise from late August-early September....or a combination of both.
At any rate, I've been adding/buying back on the recent weakness. Guess we'll find out soon enough if this was the right decision!
Although I don't see $6-$8 M as a "huge deal" , IF this is true, then I'd expect several analyst upgrades to follow as this is likely the first of a number of other deals from GM and others in the automotive industry.
Q3 and Q4 will be much stronger, and Project Ara is expected to launch in Q1. These sub- $50 won't be around long, and the only reason they're here today is on the realization that the buyout rumors are false (again).
News from Graphene 3D Lab (GGG.V) in AH.
What will that stock trade at when they have the public demonstration of 3D printed batteries they talk about in press release? Closed at $2.09 today and could see $3+ by end of week.
Graphene 3D Lab leading the market also. Best performing 3D Printing Stock by far this month. Heading to $2- next week with quiet period ending soon!
I'm expecting orders of multiple machines to be announced soon...by EOY at latest.
I sold to buy more GGG.V, a company that will be first to market with graphene filaments for 3D printing. One to watch!
Won't be under $50 much longer.
Waited for Q2 to be reported before adding, which I've starting doing today.
Project Ara is a BFD and the 3D Systems will be getting a ton of press on it soon- not to mention their numbers will show significant improvement going forward.
Good to see the message board up here already.
Nice start to trading last week with expected pullback last few days. I bought at the open Monday last week and am looking to add soon. As we know, GGG is an early leader in commercialization of graphe materials for 3D printing. Filaments have high margins to begin with, and those made with graphene composites will be in strong demand soon once makers see what they can do with them.
There are some shareholders left from prior to the merger that are in at lower prices, so I'm not surprised to see the weakness today- and it might continue for a while, who knows.
Longer term, I believe GGG is a gem that's destined for Nasdaq or buyout within 2-3 years.
That won't last.
I held off adding shares until after Q2 was reported. Management had telegraphed that revenue and earnings would be stronger in the second half of the year, so no surprised that earnings weren't a blowout. The fact remains the industry is at a 30-35% CAGR, and DDD is the leader. So- I'm slowly buying my position back here. With revenue and earnings improving in the 2nd half of the year, shorts have pretty much squeezed about all the juice they're going to from DDD and will be covering.
For a stock growing revenue and net income at the rate ARCW is,a forward PE of 21 is very low.
Also noted that average EPS estimate for fy 2015 now .65/share vs. .58/share 30 days ago.
Current market cap is about $16 million (there are 41 million shares I/O). What I was pointing out is that I believe a market cap of $41 million (or share price of around $1/share) is possible and not unreasonable by eoy as the market discovers the company and their education push.
Hope that helps.