This is a buy and hold stock, that simple. You will win big or loose, that simple. All this board chatter is just that. Buy shares, hold and see what happen in a year or so. Well worth the gamble.
I am still in hold mode. Interesting to see what they will say about the stock buy back in the next quarterly. report.
Not sure of a reason to sell here unless you just want out. I see this at good buy price now and perhaps a dip when the first rate increase is announced. Long term the distribution is such that the risk in share price is worth doing the business long term. We all get high paying dividend stocks with big eyesfor the quarterly check. We then get a bit rattled when share price moves lower. All the cost of doing the business. I am a hold with buy and should have purchased at $14.55. Just my opinion. Best to all how ever you use "your" money.
I am watching but not a share holder yet, my disclaimer. Panic and over reaction can kill your money, been there, done that. On my watch list and think let the dust settle before you jump in. After hours is crazy, real or over reaction? Long term this looks good but time will tell. Sorry for the long post. I do think money to be made here but as with other stocks, when top get in. If it paid Div might pay a bit more.
Did notice that volume was about double yesterday, interest but only up .02. Not so good.
I do have faith in CIM to keep paying distributions at about 10%. I also think we are set for some panic in REITs with the rate increase that will happen and share price will drop some more. The current quarter report should be OK to Good but that seems to not matter to some who perhaps trade this as opposed to being long term. I have cash and will buy a small portion tomorrow if a down day. Still keeping cash for the first rate increase. If panic sets in I buy then , if not just wait and see. CIM has been good but share price can scare people. Best to all however you use your money.
When it was at $10 and the panic said the sky is falling I said mark the $10 price on your calendar and see where it is this fall. My guess is between $17-$20 if not more.
At today's market price they would get about 1.2 million shares. In the open market the volume would spike big time. Not seeing that.
Hope they do buy shares and announce when they are done. Some companies announce a repurchase but never follow thru.
Buy back could take some time. Good they did this. Looks more and more like they want to go private. Share price still a nothing.