When it was at $10 and the panic said the sky is falling I said mark the $10 price on your calendar and see where it is this fall. My guess is between $17-$20 if not more.
I do have faith in CIM to keep paying distributions at about 10%. I also think we are set for some panic in REITs with the rate increase that will happen and share price will drop some more. The current quarter report should be OK to Good but that seems to not matter to some who perhaps trade this as opposed to being long term. I have cash and will buy a small portion tomorrow if a down day. Still keeping cash for the first rate increase. If panic sets in I buy then , if not just wait and see. CIM has been good but share price can scare people. Best to all however you use your money.
Did notice that volume was about double yesterday, interest but only up .02. Not so good.
I am watching but not a share holder yet, my disclaimer. Panic and over reaction can kill your money, been there, done that. On my watch list and think let the dust settle before you jump in. After hours is crazy, real or over reaction? Long term this looks good but time will tell. Sorry for the long post. I do think money to be made here but as with other stocks, when top get in. If it paid Div might pay a bit more.
Not sure of a reason to sell here unless you just want out. I see this at good buy price now and perhaps a dip when the first rate increase is announced. Long term the distribution is such that the risk in share price is worth doing the business long term. We all get high paying dividend stocks with big eyesfor the quarterly check. We then get a bit rattled when share price moves lower. All the cost of doing the business. I am a hold with buy and should have purchased at $14.55. Just my opinion. Best to all how ever you use "your" money.
I am still in hold mode. Interesting to see what they will say about the stock buy back in the next quarterly. report.
This is a buy and hold stock, that simple. You will win big or loose, that simple. All this board chatter is just that. Buy shares, hold and see what happen in a year or so. Well worth the gamble.
Was well over $9 less than a year ago. One year chart tells a story. If share price continues it drop the div will be eaten up by the price decline. I am not adding at this time because of price concerns. Best to you.
Just basing on what I see and that CIM went very south even in a good, record market. I am not selling but am concerned. Not a buyer here even with the new low share price. What are your thought with share price?
I too went to more cash thinking that the first rate hike will bring deals, if not, cash is OK. Most of my things are in Roths and now happy with about 10% divs. Best to you! Thanks for the reply.
This is a new fund, pays a good distribution and share price is on up trend. Not a buyer here but will if share price gets back to about $22.00. Are thougths appreciated.
Too bad for sell-part! I am surprised that none of the shorts are saying ASCO is a scam.