As usual, the market is up for the week and ZLCS is down over 8%.
ZLCS has been one of my worst performing stocks since 2000 when I got into the market.
I found ZLCS on the SNY board in the fall of 2010, watched it for several months, then bought it at $1.96, watched it rise like Botecelli's portrait of Venus rising from the Sea to $3.21, put my finger on the trigger, but hesitated long enough to keep reading the Daug's input. Being a detective, I should have detected Daug's scam, but, he seemed to know what he was talking about so I took my finger off the trigger.
Unfortunately, I failed to bail when ZLCS blew 8% below my buy in (I made a typo on that figure, input .96 instead of $1.96, which will now cost be a bundle).
I had been hoping for almost a year that this POS would rise above .90 so I could get rid of my .71 and .80 holdings, but, it is clear no one is going to buy this garbage. .
I''ve read the old story on this page a million times that it takes a lot of time for a bio to make money, but it has been about twenty-six months since it hit a high of $3.21 (April 2011) and began a plunge, so, I doubt there is much air in this balloon to make it rise, even in the next year.
Someone please buy my .71 and .80 so I can get the heck out. I will eat the $1.96 and learn the lesson to double check my typing.
Reverse stock split is not a bad thing. It could bring more purchasers into the locker. When C split a few years ago the stock surged, making me a bundle of money shortly thereafter.
I received this notice from Scottrade regarding my PFE position.
Description: PFIZER INCORPORATED
The above-listed stock is part of a non-mandatory reorganization or tender offer, which currently expires on 06/19/2013.
Where to find more information:
For offers initiated by the company, information can often be found on the company's website.
Look at his membership date (r/click on moniker) revealing he joined this month. Although I am on the sidelines opining PSDV will plunge to the mid $2.50's, maybe lower, then I may back up the truck and buy, nonetheless, relying on advice from the likes of pharmaherool makes me believe I will be waiting a long time for that to happen and maybe now is the time to buy?
Wow: Finally, someone had the b@!!$ to admit that he failed to press the sell button at $3.21. I thought I was the only one.
I am only $15k in, 1/4 @ $1.96, the rest in the .60's, so if it pops, then I get to buy the kids some sneakers for school. If it plunges, then the old lady will have to get a job.
I heard about ETP when JC was pumping ETP, did my dd, then bought a month or so later after all the hype died down. Then, shortly after I bought JC was criticizing the stock, recommending that the stock be sold.
Well, anyone can change their mind on a stock based upon its performance, or lack thereof, so, I can't demean JC for doing just that.
I listen to him for leads, do my dd, and if the leads are good, I will buy if I have some extra dollars in cookie jar.
In this case I am glad I listened to JC's advice tr buy, and ignored it when he said sell.
A few months ago a pal turned me onto PSDV and last week I started watching it. Unfortunately, when I made a Board posting asking a few questions, based upon a few replies I went away thinking I was the "Daug." As most ZLCS Board members know, the Daug is a DOG.
Anyone here have any opinions on PSDV? Its chart look good recently, but like ZLCS, it is terrible also.
This is one, of three of my losers and I was wondering, why is it up 3% today? Since this Board looks like the River on a winter day, a lot of water but no boaters, I guess there are not many traders or investors holding onto or trading DLB?
As usual, the market it up big and CSTR falls like a brick. A few weeks ago I dumped most of my $45's shares when CSTR hit $59, and crossed my fingers it would jump to $65 the following week. Well, CSTR did what id does beat, fall, fall, fall. Hopefully soem buyers out there will get this trader back to $59 so I can dump the rest.
Well, the reason I am "srill here" is based on the fact that when I bailed at $57.90 in Feb 2003, I rolled back in seven months later at $45.50, sold a batch a few weeks ago @ $59, and hanging in for a few more weeks to dump the rest when it pops to $58. Then, like many times before I will be back in when CSTR falls to the mid $45's. IMO, CSTR is only a trading stock, so, as a wise man once said, "never make a trading stock into an investment, (those are stocks that you are wishing, hoping and praying for a rise in price) or never turn an investment stock (winners) into a trading stock., Ride the winners baby.
Mofkr, oops, Mofish: From your intellectual post I see you would rather bash than offer well thought out advice. I won't join that type of dialogue because I want to learn from others so I can make my portfolio grow, rather than shrink. On that note, since you challenged my portfolio I will share it with you and maybe you will do the same with me. To date, I am up 46% on ABBV; 20% on its brother ABT; 10% ANR-will be 100% in six months just like last year; 30% on C; 12% on CSTR; 24% on CVS; 17% DLB-was a loser for me last year); 19% ETP; 13% GE;; 21% on MCK; 8% NOV: 23% PFE; 4% RIO-this was also a loser for me last year); 9% TEVA (not a good stock IMO); 27% WFT; and last, but not least, up 25% on ZLCS.
So, as you can see, I am doing good for the year, not the loser you opine. On that note, I am going to take my time to decide if, and when I should jump into PSDV. I surely don't want to jump in if it has the potential to plunge down to a dollar again. IMO, I think it will see $2.50 or less before it sees $4.00 again, so I will stand by the sidelines and wait, not bash or criticize you Mr. Mofkr, opps, Mofshr.
Have a great weekend, and good luck. In my line of work you would let the booking sgt. know you were a 1AH, then, when you are assigned cell, one of the "billie boyz' would be waiting just for you. Do you squeal!!!!!
Thank you "mofish" for all your enlightening advice. I am not bashing PSDV, just observing, however, lets check back with one another, conditioned that you have the ability to think for more than a few seconds at a time, to see if PSDV is at $2.50, or lower, this time next month.
A couple years ago I loaded up a few thousand shares of ZLCS in the back of my VW bug, licked my chops when it almost doubled a months or so later, than cried like a baby when it plunged 80% days later. I am still holding onto that stock, not crying as much, but, because a buddy tuned me on to PSDV a month or so ago and I finally checked it out today, I thought, hmmmm, could this be a winner???. I sure as heck am not jumping in now, even if it has the potential to rise to $4 where it was before the big plunge, however, if it falls to $2.50 ps, or better to $2.00, then, I may back up the bug and load up. IMO, this sucker has great potential to fall back to $1.00, and I will have another loser in my portfolio, but it could surge back to $4? . Just some thoughts from a potential buyer, not a pumper or spammer.
Warren Buffet is a lucky old man and like Apple, no one, or no thing stays on top forever. I have me eye on this stock and when it drops to $64, maybe $62, I will be in for the ride up to $100+, then I will sell my shares to Mr. B or anyone else who wants them.
I could not wait for Buffet, so, being the big investor my kids think I am, after seeing the upside potential a few weeks ago, I, (drum roll please) backed up my 1957 VW bug and loaded the back seat up with 150 shares @ $64.20, moments before the %$#@ thing dropped to $64.13. But, not fretting because I ahve a pocket full of pennies, I have another buy order in at $63.20 which I figure will hit because as usual, when I buy, the mf drops.
Keep your eye on the drops, if it fall to the mid $6's, load up and dump at mid $7's. In my case, if this dud hits $8, I will be gone in a flash because my loss will be zero from my $49 purchase, then, when it drops to $6+ again, I will be loading up again. But then, if I was such a wise trader, what the he!! am I doing with any losses on the books? D/A!!! Good luck
Sprokerocker, I thought I was the only #$%$ on this site who bought over $49 bucks. You beat me by .50 cents when you bought at $50.
I loaded up at $5+ a few months ago, sold to soon at $7, but at least I recovered 80% of my loss.
I jumped back in at $7.36, then at $6.63, so I am hoping to recoup the outstanding 20% loss and then be on my way to making some fast money if the MF does not drop to $5 again.
Thanks for having the b@!!$ to talk about your initial buy in and failure to sell when this mf was plunging.
I picked up ABBV when ABT split, pps $23+ and have no desire to unload.
My penny stick is ZLCS. I got in at $1.96, it rose to $3+, I gambled and did not sell, now it is at .60. I loaded up again at that price and will make some fast money, or lose.
I play with ANR like I used to with S. I load up in the mid $6 and sell at the mid $7's. IMO, as well #$%$&P, ANR will hit $10 this year, so, I hang on the a few thousand shares.