I may not have done complete due diligence on the prospectus. Where are you getting the 9% yield from? I checked the yahoo stat page, it is pretty much blank.
Congrats on your $19.75 purchase price. Fidelity allocated me 500 shares in my tax free account. Guess with the commission savings my price is $19.98 or so. There was enough pre-market hype that I thought this would pop higher.
If I can verify the 9% yield I might buy a little more around your price. Good luck !
Probably most of this board doubts that you are posing a serious question, but if you are be sure to do #2. There are a few other ways to enhance your gains beyond #2 but they are too complicated for a newbie. Practice and experience brings insight. Good luck !
Barron's reiterated their buy recommendation in a recent issue; I sold my position at $35+ but may get back in if there is a dip to 32.5 or so, for example on a sell-off day.
I don't have anything official on a 6 month period for the deal to close. This time span seems to have been the consensus on this board, and would be typical. .
I sold some calls at 240 a few months back (premium something like $12), and the person who bought these will almost certainly exercise them, so I will be forced into taking cash. I hold nearly equal positions in both a taxable and non-taxable account, so the IRS will get some of this..
The calls I sold a few days back at 270 are much less likely to be exercised, so for the portion I hold in a taxable account, I will exchange for as much ABBV stock as possible.
Sometime I will share with the board the story of my PCYC investment. I was lucky to accumulate something like 13,000 shares at a cost of between 3 and (mostly)
There's no downside, and I often do the same, but many pros would rather get the cash 6 months earlier with a 3% haircut and put that money to work in another investment.
Yesterday I could sell calls to sell at 270 in January 2017 at prices between $8.00 and $7.20 per contract (sold about 30 contracts). So if the deal goes down at $263 in 6 months, I'll be getting $270+, with the freedom to choose the cash/stock option. I'll have to hold my position until the end however. That's my approach to milking every last penny out of this.
Well, I'm in at 3.79 with 4200 shares, will average down with a similar amount if there is a further drop to ca. 3.50 today.
I sold TCPI at the end of 2014 for a tax loss and have been waiting for an entry point. I'm guessing like others that this is not significant news.
Here is what Barron's said on 10 January (I bought in at 9.48 this week):
At a recent $10.18 we still like the stock. It trades for a 10% discount to tangible book. One holder, Josh Strauss, a portfolio manager at the Appleseed fund (APPLX), sees little downside and a lot of potential. He estimates normalized earnings at over $2 a share, up from an expected loss of 15 cents in 2014. Much depends on corn prices. If they were to rise, farmers’ spending would likely pick up.
Longtime CEO Maurice Taylor, 70, could step down this year, letting new leadership take over. Activist investor MHR Fund Management has added to its stake as recently as December, and controls 15% of the stock. At normalized earnings, the shares could be worth more than double.
Right now I'm very glad I averaged down and bought a bunch at $0.75. But all in all, I've taken quite a bath in my energy holdings (ECR, EPE, SSE are the worst -- others such as DV and CHK have done better)
WSJ: Coach nearing $600M purchase of Stuart Weitzman • 6:47 PM
What's anyone know about this? And can anyone comment on the retailer Stuart Weitzman? This is not where a guy like me shops.
I have been "selling off" TTPH during the rise by writing covered calls with exercise dates that put me in the long term capital gains range. Covered calls aren't to everyone's taste but I find them to be an excellent way of taking some profits, especially with appreciating biotechs (has worked well with PCYC, BLUE, ACHN, RGLS, and for a while SPRT). For example, you could have easily gotten $3-4 extra over $25 by writing calls with May or August 2015 exercise dates.
Here's how I handled a 2700 share position in a taxable account (have done similarly in a non-taxable account)
8 contacts to sell at $22.5 (strike price) on 15 May for which I received $2.63 after commission (09/24). Thinking that TTPH now has a "safe floor" of $25, I will try to "roll" this position to August 25 calls or later (when available) November 25 calls for a modest net credit of a few cents (I don't do "rolls" when it costs me, i.e. a debit).
This first trade essentially recoups my total investment, leaving the rest (below, but keep in mind still unexecuted) as profit.
8 contracts to sell at $30 on 15 May for which I received $2.53 (10/02). I may or may not try to roll these.
5 contracts to sell at $35 on 15 May for which I received $3.09 (10/30).
Finally, I have an order to sell 6 contracts (covering the rest of my position in the taxable account) to sell at $50 on 21 August at $5.10 (current bid/ask $4.60/$5.10). The increased premium relative the others reflects the takeover speculation. I'm betting any takeout price will be less than $55, obviously there will be others on this board who feel differently. Under favorable circumstances, I can roll the calls to get a higher sales price ($57.50, $60.00) but without any significant option writing premium.
Anyway, this might give you some additional ideas for how to sell a portion of your position for a little more $. It also hedges against a $3-$4 or more backtrack in the stock price (as I have experienced with SPRT). Good luck!
I will be a buyer if it QIWI drops to 17.50. But of course I won't be able to prop up the price if there is great selling pressure.
I always call my broker (Fidelity) when I notice something like this; usually they are quite happy to research the situation. And 1 time or so out of 10 you can get ....