Demerson, Really, resorting to the kind of #$%$ they subjected you to? Let it go. Nothing has changed in the long run for GTAT. I've had rude responses from them before as well. So what. I've been here as long or longer than them.
Despite what they thought, not everyone's investment decision was based on their prognostications. The business case is still there. This is potentially opportunity knocking...
Thanks for the respose. And thank you for bring up GSAT today. Put it on my radar. Not sure who you were asking about GSAT, but it is PURE spec for me. Only invested an amount I can afford to lose if it happens. With enough that if the spec turns out well a nice gain.
I did not add GSAT today, I did make a purchase at 2.55 and sold at 2.99... wild action but a nice weekly paycheck (figuratively speaking) from the trade today.
No problem. That info is in the 20F allong with the ~ amount google paid. It has to be calculated from the balance sheet information available but it is ~3.8M.
Norm, If you don't mind, long or short term? What is the compelling story for CRUS? Balance sheet looks strong.
Made my 1st purchase there today. 1/3 of my previous position re-purchased. No more buys there until after their update.
Andyousaywhat, From the names posting in this topic, there is a solid understanding of the premise "HIMAX doesn't need Google, Google needs them!!" .
It does not change the fact that short term this is an "event" that will move the needle one way or another. Whether it matters long term or not.
Some will sit tight. Others might try to time it. Simply a discussion of how individuals see fit to play the next few weeks.
I pay attention to gaps because others do. Did not use to. Doesn't hurt to be aware of them. You talked of wednesday's gap. The gap on the open friday is the one I am referring to:
Sep 26, 2014 9.18 9.31 9.11 9.27 4,107,500 9.27
Sep 25, 2014 9.44 9.55 9.00 9.06 9,585,700 9.06
Curious if there is a reason that does not count as a gap. Still trying to learn. I also watch the RSI a bit. Just started. interesting to watch the correlation to stock price.
Discount, Nothing wrong with "dropping" a stock or two if you are really behind it. I do it all the time, because feedback is always good. Someone doing that is how I found this company. Of course, a mention of a stock on a mb\:
1.) elicits the comment- Go to that message board
2.) Makes people take a look
3.) Up to their DD to decide if thay like it.
Found many good stocks that way.We all just have to do our own DD.
NIce post. You forgot to mention those with good sized holdings hanging tight. Debatable whether that is stupid or not... Long term, HIMX is a good company. Wu does a very good job. Nice balance between income and re-investment in the company.
You are 100% correct about learning a "lesson". It has helped me already with another stock in the same boat.
And yes, HIMX is still "undiscovered". Hasch puts it well. To paraphrase "This is being played". But much more rationally this time. The Google additional stake is a moot point now. The growth in EPS YoY is what is moving it. The current eps estimates include almost no LCoS. NIce to have some stability in the current increase in share price.
The move to 10 happened a lot faster than I thought. I expected it mid Nov. So a bit quicker than anticipated. But the move has been well measured up until the last few days. There are now a few gaps. When enough people watch those as a trigger, it does play into things.
Decision time, I need to sell some shares to offest short term gains. Will save about 15K that way. Tax wise.
Thankfully Fidelity has "limited margin" in their IRA's. If you sell, you do not have to wait for the funds to clear. You can purchase the same day. Helped with HIMX. Used GTAT money sidelined to make a couple trades, Like I needed more HIMX... Thankfully made 18-19% on the funds. Going to start buying back in there at ~10.60. 1st of 3-4 buys. Looking to use the sale proceeds to increase my sharecount at a minimum of 25%. Collected some nice dividends with the balance of the GTAT proceeds in the short term.
This is starting to get fun again...
language, curious why the 9.27 is your stick point. Is the gap from 9.06-9.11 Close of 25th to low of 26th not in play?
Not yet. If the news is good this week. I can always re-purchase my position. A few dollars of cushion there between the sale price and the current price. If the news is bad, I can look to increase my original position quantity on any additional pullback.
Long GTAT, but not fighting the market on this one.