My target is 23.50-3000. At that point, I'll sell half and "see". Hate being 100% out of a stock I've invested in for a reason. Also 30k shares. .87 basis
That is how I am viewing it... mediocre short term, Fully expect it to drift down to the 5's... If anything happens it will be late Q2/Q4 event.
That is not to say they have not brought the brought the company along nicesl. Growth is forecast, Guidance for their new production hitting market was Q2. All good signals.
My opinion on the apple deal, systems integration work for products (apple) being developed now. The apple name is too big to not completly run a new desigh through the ringer. It needs to be inserted into their products seemlessly.
I'm still buying GTAT. Last purchase was at 17.15 for me. Filled my core there... Longer term (1 yr+) don't sweat pennies with GTAT.
Sold half my PXLW @ 8.82. Looking for my buy back there.
HIMX, buy here... just about finishing a consolidation period. Should run again in the next 2-3 weeks.
Good move... Getting way too close to play games now. LOL, Even My scalp shares will stay in the account for a bit. The 7% annual interest pales in comparison to what those trades make me.
MV, You get your HIMX buy back under 14 here?
PXLW-I will wait until after the investor preso on the 11th to determine what I do next with PXLW. Still up $2 from its run. Thinking it sits here or slightly lower through the 11th. Even if apple will be a continuing customer, Apple has more than likely put the clamps down on any type of discussion. The more they avoid the apple question in the preso and questions, the better the odds of a continuing relationship
GTAT- Cannacord upped the price target to 25, GS initiated with 20. Investor preso mar 14th and TG (CEO) has made thinly (very) veiled indications something game changing is afoot.
TPCS- Up the last couple days mainly due to the "gomes" factor. His other picks are roaring, this encourages others to take a chance on a cheap spec play. Re-financing news is due this month. That will provide a boost. IMHO, why would GTAT go elsewhere for their furnaces when they know those built by TPCS work. To inject a new supplier would add risk to an already tight ramp up schedule for the mesa plant. Doubt they will say much because they are more than likely locked down on any information regarding GTAT.
HIMX- Consolidating. investors are waiting for confirmation this is going to be what is expected. None of the products have hit the consumer pipeline. Management projecting 11% YOY earnings growth vs Q1 2013.
Disagree, the earnings were exactly as projected by mgmt. HIMX trades in patterns. learn them and profit while maintaining a strong core position. Simply trading this leaves you vulnerable to miss any additional leg up.
HIMX will move, question is when. I anticipate mid- late March. Like it has in previous quarters. This period has been a strong consolidation period. Float has turned more than once in the mid 13 range. Base has been set. If you are frustrated, move on.
Don't forget, this stock goes up with momentum. You never know when new will break. (PXLW case in point). I am perfectly content sitting on a 441% gain at this point (avg price adjusted for scalp share trading profits),
Long and strong. 20 should be easy this year. My expectation is 25. The new products utilizing the patented HIMX components need to work their way to market...
This is still a buy here.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
I'm going to give it a few days. If I miss some -- Oh well I still made $$. Their investor briefing is the 11th... This will have to be a main topic. Pivital day.
Baxter, Sold half this morning Thinking your buyback price is pretty good. But I don't expect that to happen today... Monday.
Agree regarding renaissance. Sold half this morning. Any move back now covered. Will look to add on additional strength
Thinking sell the open myself.. But only half. Few stocks can sustain the massive move yesterday. GTAT seems to be able to hold large moves but those are ONLY 10-15% lol.
Santosh, that is the point most are missing. An 8M order is more than likely R&D money and development specifically for integration into apple devices. Engineering is not cheap especially when it is for a widely regarded product like the I phone. It has to be perfect.
This is definitely going higher. Question is when and how severe the dip will be. Apple does not simply do a one time shot with something like a display. They are in or out... Last year's order was a starting point.
You and I have seen this before with HIMX... There will be ebb and flow. I typically do not sell out of a position like this entirely. Simply park the money where I feel it will work better in the short term.
Boy did I screw up Wednesday. Now that there is some news, I will not make that mistake again.
20 years ago, hold and roll through was the norm. It is not now. 20 years ago, you would not have gotten the spike we did yesterday either. The news would not have spread like wildfire.
Best wishes. let's make some $$$