The bank wants to make money as well. If there was a large potential order in play, it would be used in any re-fi negotiations and there would be an NDA attached regarding the information used to justify the re-fi.
Your reasoning is not logical. Simply a spec play for me, but at least I try to deal in facts...
Take a valium and relax. +$4.00 from Dec 1 is quite a sprint. Be happy it is consolidating nicely here. It could have retraced sharply except for those #'s which you say are good. (And they are).
A bit of patience is a good thing
I will be waiting for the next HIMX leg up. Selling from 5- 7500 HIMX and buying more GTAT. I do not want less than a 1 for 1 conversion on the trade (currently GTAT is Higher priced).
GTAT is priced up there right now. I did add shares after tax already because it will be interesting to see what GTAT Mar 15 investor preso says.... If the rumors are somewhat accurate. I do not want to miss any additional run-up
Logically (by the #'s) GTAT should be well behind HIMX in share price based on where it is in return to profitability. Both have a mega partner. The market for GTAT product is much larger.
Hasch you did not bring up Tom G's (GTAT CEO) comments re: earnings in 2016. His is a sandbagger.. Has always been. Which I do not mind. Spent my career being one as well... At least corp knew where to go if they needed more... Tom's guidance for 2016 WAS 1.00+/sh during the November conference call. Now, 3 months later, her is calling for in excess of 1.50/sh in 2016.
Been in and trading GTAT almost as long as HIMX.... It is MUCH tougher to discern any type of advance/pullback pattern in the trading. For that reason I simply buy GTAT and do not really attempt to scalp much there.
Both have excellent 2+ year potentially and owning both form me is the right thing to do. Just need more balance between them.
LOL, and here we sit in HIMX, waiting for the next big news. GTAT had some, rumoredmore on the way.... PXLW returns to profit by Q3 this year. They had a piece of bews that will turn to revenue in Q3.
GTAT absolutely confounds me. When I expect a pullback nada... HIMX is much easier to predict.
At 3:45 today GTAT was at 14.44. I put a 2000 Buy in for 14.42... Spiked back up. I am comfortable here adding shares. the 2k was 40% of what I want to increase my core. I'll look to buy on a dip or at least mitigate things and buy if it continues up as well.
I'll be looking hard at GTAT in the AM. Rumor mill is pretty strong over there. I want to make sure I catch some of it with any new shares. And I'm comfortable with it as a 2-3 year investment so it would only be quibbling short term pennies here.
I liked their call. The guidance was veiled, but easy to decipher. Yes, I like them. I will add more in the mid 14's if it drops. Not much will happen until Q2. Simply letting the core shares ride. Up 27% for approx 4 months invested.
Flyer, over positioned in the IRA with HIMX. Up $10 per share, My thought is add more GTAT in the IRA by selling a few HIMX. The prospects for both say it is a wash shorter term, but I believe GTAT has a higher long range potential. Need to make sure I'm positioned where I want to be.
Horrible??? Quite contrary. Nice base building, held the obscene run-up from December well. If your outlook is so short sighted that you look at simply a 2 month window rather than a trailing 12 months to determine performance for the year, you should be in mutual funds.
I really don't expect it to back track that far. Anything mid 12 and I will be looking to re-purchase. But GTAT has fooled me before, usually when I expect a puilback with it it does not happen. Much tougher stock to do any kind of trading than HIMX.
Hopoing to double my core position in GTAT this year for the long haul.
Consider the shares you sold trading shares. Be ready to jump in on any pullback. Buy for a re-trace. No one can ever argue with a profit....