mention of us (tlp) and mwe as take over targets comes near end of article.... nice mention... notice in the graph prior take over premiums paid on take over.
low yesterday just north of 51.00 looks like near term low with ok volume on bounce....
looks like double bottom now in w/ first being late june when we fell below 51 before solid bounce w/ strong volume
if market takes a break and gives back 5/10% you will get a better price, if not, yesterday may have been your chance
Plains All American Inc. (PAA) was raised to Outperform from Neutral with a $64 price target at Credit Suisse.
this is just pasted off yahoo news board but good indication what CS thought of the presentation yesterday.... bottom in, consolidation complete, higher from here as long as general market can hold up
yes, i also expect earnings to be positive and at the very least put a floor under us.... i'm a buyer at 200 dma if we see it prior to earnings
52.20 is the area the 200 dma sits and what i'm looking for to hold on this pull back. last broken in oct 2011 so pretty solid line in this area as long as fundamentals remain solid.
cant agree more.... when my my neighbor asked if he should by apple (it was at 600+ and headed to 1000) or when my dad asked if he should buy gold (1800 + with 2000 around the corner).... you know it's time to sell or at the very least take some profits.... when every joe has bought in nobody's left so only 1 direction to go.... ngls is far from over hyped or even hyped at this point. fundamentals look strong... i think our move out performance is still in the early innings.
can't find a thing, only mention of a top breakout by the street.... no real news that i can find but solid volume on the breakout. sure wish i had doubled down a week or so back in the 44 area.
nice move, congrats long timers
Sentiment: Strong Buy
i agree that 60 is in the near/mid term cards but i also like looking at the charts and they appear to be pointed towards 42 / 42.50 area to close gap left back in early may.... i'm holding long shares but waiting to add in that area.
divi run up was weakened by weight of extra shares but we did hit a new all time high in the past weeks so no complaints here....
any thoughts on how increasing rates may effect tcpc earnings? and book value?
i'm not up on tcpc hedges and how they have protected themselves.... nor am i positive what percentage or dollars out are fixed vs. variable at current.... not sure how current latest report is due to latest offering and where/how those dollars have been put to work.
just a few questions for thought or i guess my weekend homework
s&p down almost 17 points at current, tcpc hit new 52 week high today.... make that all time high today.... i'm tempted to call that the momentum has returned?
spot on.... loaded up today... no dilution, no harm to distribution.... huge over reaction, poorly operated selling of shares into weak market..... great buying op IMO.... unreal how the stock got crushed on no additional shares being created.
i've traded tcpc a couple of times and bought this time to hold as core as well as trade a portion. good company, with solid strategy that imo will take the company pps higher in time but probably slower and steady. reminds me in ways of tcap in past years.
what really surprised me is that no one has touched on the really odd trading the day prior to the offering... looks like the runners pushed the price up all day and atleast partially stepped out just prior to closing on monday.
pull up an hourly chart of say the last week or two and check the volume... almost doubled monday with the push upward then in the last hour or so the selling started.
someone was playing games
good company with solid potential but hate to see funny trading going into a SPO
wth.... open flat, then fall .25 cents in just a few mins., then pop a buck on no newsin the next few mins.? and good volume.... what am i missing here
imo evep's business model & holdings get interesting even w/o land sell when 38 area is reached... maybe trade in range similar to line... keep in mind i bought in hi 50's when i thought the land holdings with pending sell was interesting
just entered add order for 30.50....not sure unless they decide to throw us a SO into distribution run up.... don't see it happening and numbers look above expectations across board... i'm buying more at 30.50 unless something negative comes out in c/c.... i'm with you blow out qtr. better than expected distribution and crashing pps?
probably true but if they announce earnings for a certain day.... then they need to perform as advertised. lets hope we see that call today at 10:00 and they can provide a solid excuse
yes, i'm in cvrr and they had moved the release date to 5/1 after the close... and i've looked all over for the release with no luck.... hate to see cvrr's first earnings release fumbled like this... looks like a problem or just lack of experience but investors don't like to see mistakes and deadlines missed. not looking good on this management... i'm still holding but watching closely to see how they explain at c/c today... if they show for it
ok no stabilization as of yet lets hope the dist. announcement gives us some bounce or better yet a sell announcement along with dist. call.
as far as longterm stabilization, i got to think it will hold once a 7.5 to 8% distribution (much like line) is reached,,, so whats that 38/40 bucks? that's with all chance of a sell off the table....
does look like we are headed that way but, on the up side... we don't have much more to fall from here.
based on technicals... the charts look pretty much broken and hard to pull anything positive other that we are nearing our 52 week low near 43.50 area and we should see some support at that level.