It's good that you have given us the facts and logic but distasteful in the manner in which you have chosen to do so. If you want to be recognized for your intellect , why don't you become a teacher ? So why don't you try again sometime, but be helpful not hurtful.
Mick, J.D. & Kool, I have had both my knees replaced and had the injections prior to the surgery, the relief time was minimal for the injections. This application should work out extremely well for PSDV. Most insurance companies won't pay for knee replacement in the early stages of (usually 2-3 years) ailments affecting the knee so this is an ideal fit for alleviating the pain until replacement can be done, which is inevitable at some point in most cases.
J.D., I don't really see that many advantages for PSDV in a merger scenario with ALIM. If I'm not mistaken Alim has a pretty sizable debt and not much going in the pipeline, unless they can expand the Iluvien use in other indications. I think they must first prove Iluvien as a viable source of income before additional capital can be raised for more indications. I personally have never been a proponent of PSDV being sold and agree with you that the long shareholder would suffer. However if they don't have the capital & management resources to flourish a buyout should be considered.
Mick, I agree, it's another waiting period we're going through. As you know I was contemplating moving on by mid summer but there has been enough good things happen to hold my interest, after all I've had a romance with PSDV for about 9 years, too long to toss now when all is still viable. Good luck to all you longs and thanks to all for your contribution to the m.b. I'm positive there are better days coming.
With what PSDV has to offer in the way of catalyst up to this point. We could be looking at dead money until sometime in 2017. Here's what could change that, A substantial pickup in Iluvien sales, FDA changes it's mind on dragging out approval of Uveitis indication, Co. signs up and announces name of candidates for product evaluations, Co. makes solid progress on new product for in house utilizing Duraset, serious talk of merger or buyout. NDA's from ongoing investigations. Any one of these are very much within the realm of possibility. Having said this and considering the overall market atmosphere, I prefer, so called dead money over possibly losing money in something not nearly as solid as PSDV . Just my take for now, FWIW.
Terry, Could be that PSDV will enter into the mix in same way shape or form partnering or being bought out by Lily. I firmly believe that we are in a very progressive stage of PSDV history and if shareholders will hold on they will reap the fruits and so will the patients. Your article reflecting Lily's thoughts for the future of drug delivery are closely reflecting a few advanced thinkers on this m.b. I don't agree with everything at PSDV but I see enough great potential to definitely not push the sell button and never have except to do minor trading. My position is presently larger than ever before.
Sure, Buyout by big pharma, merge with similar size co., product evaluation agreement(s), breakout in Iluvien sales, new product eval's by PSDV and the list goes on.
For the many folks that are out there walking around over medicated due to taking medication via the pill. These folks are suffering because the dosage is basically administered by a method as antiquated as time itself, not much science involved with the exception of the medicine is effective for the indication. There is a day coming when it will be outrageous to even think of such method in most cases, no more filling the entire blood stream with unneeded meds when it can be administered in exacting doses, right at the source of the problem thereby eliminating most of the side effects of oral ingestion. This is the Holy Grail of medicine that most longs hoped for long ago when investing in these products. I still have that hope alive in me and feel that is the primary driver for most investors and at least most of the pioneers of these delivery devices of PSDV.
Mick, If Iluvien takes off in the U.S. as hoped, it won't be long before the E.U. will be knocking on ALIM's door and then we will see a whole different picture evolve. The Brit's are our friend and ally, some of the other countries act like butt-heads.
Terry, Thanks for getting back, my goal is not to paint a questionable picture of Dr. Ashton or PSDV, but rather to challenge them to provide more and better information to the stockholder. I don't agree with all this secrecy mode that they have been operating with since 06, which is when I first started buying this stock. First it was this cloak and dagger jargon involving PFE and so on and now it's these product evaluations they are hanging their hat on. How many more delay's can there realistically be and how much longer will anyone buy it. In my opinion this is the major problem with the s.p. right now----too many possibilities but not enough substantive information to cause the s.p. to move close to where it should be for a company that has real possibilities. The present day share price is actually lower than it was back on June 11th 2008 when it was $4.83 after the 4 for 1 reverse split. I don't know why or how much information they are holding back but they could be doing major damage to stockholders by not divulging more information to the shareholders of this company. Ask yourself why and for whom are they holding back this information. I sick and tired of the same old dance.
Terry, What do you think the implications are regarding the lack of substantive follow up information? Was this a fishing expedition by the company or a forward looking statement, designed to prop up interest related to the s.p.? It would be negligent as a stockholder to not be curious, wouldn't it? What we need is some hard evidence indicating progress in company endeavors. I think they call it communication.
Terry, Don't hold your breath but Uveitis indication could be approved within 6-12 months due to the device having been used safely and effectively and the same for the meds as in Iluvien and Uveitis trials.
Mick, If that would be the case the situation could be reversed and PSDV could realize sales of the Uveitis product being used for DME. Both companies entered this deal realizing this could happen, so I see the probability of developments and or agreements to somewhat negate this possible occurrence. I mean they are partners, right? It would not surprise me to see the two companies using the same sales force, there surely is more going on here than we know-huh.
I'm with you on this, the war has brought attention to the fact that this world is fast becoming more unstable and I don't see any easing for many years. They will try to sweep it under the rug, as always but it won't happen this time around. NG is in in a very desirable position to capitalize. I am holding heavily in bio- tech and am thinking of unloading some and investing more in gold, specifically adding to my position in NG. Nice post, thanks.
Your choice is yours however I am not limited to being patient or getting out. I will sell or hold, and voice my non sugarcoated opinion along the way. Who knows maybe someone important will listen.
I can see by the thumbs up or down that we have a biased board, one that wants everything sugarcoated. I'm not your guy, but I am a realist. PSDV talked a good game but (has not delivered yet) for the stockholder. You that like that sugarcoating can take that and a dollar to Mickey D's and get a cup of coffee.