YHOO is not allowed to buyback their shares in a certain period of trading especially the last hour of trading by rules.
Of course I am speculating but given current situation, the possibility to happen is very probable.
Don't be surprised if they will start serious negotiation this weekend prior Q3 Report on Tuesday. Don't be surprised if it is a Split or a Buyout, Monday or Tuesday announcement. Don't be surprised if you see YHOO trading between $50 to $60 per share anytime soon.
deal could be announced anytime for Earnings Report yeah baby. Ma and Son would not like this once in a lifetime deal baby. I smell $50 to $60 price range.
Deal will be announced soon. Ma and Son do not like YHOO (16% stakes in BABA) to ripe more billions from BABA share price appreciation.
Deal will get done but BABA has to sell YHOO core with IP rights yeah baby. Basically buying YHOO for free. Deal has to be done now and Jack Ma and Mr. Son know it. You can only hold BABA share price appreciation in limited time. Get the deal done now before that 16% stakes will appreciate more and big, warning by deal advisors of Ma and Son. I can smell deal very soon baby.
One of them will be announced soon I think. If buyout I see an offer of $50 to $60 price range. If it is split, YHOO core and Asian Holdings. MM will manage the core business and spin off the holding to shareholders my personal opinion only. I think YHOO will make the announcement very soon.
I think Softbank and BABA will make an offer to YHOO very soon. However, to pass the gov't scrutiny they have to give up something to get the approval from the Anti-Trust gov't agency.
It makes sense for BABA primarily with Softbank to buy YHOO now. I mean now because the potential of BABA price appreciation at current price level is inevitable that will obviously reflect in YHOO 16% stakes, so the deal has to be done promptly, now baby! If YHOO BOD and MM agree, I think we might a deal announcement soon my personal opinion only.
BABA is very profitable with robust growth while YHOO right now has stagnant growth. So their share price will eventually will not go together. If this Tuesday earnings reporting and there is a perception of YHOO Core is starting to grow with positive forward guidance, I think the markets will react very positively with YHOO shares. They can even icing it with huge shares buyback plan announcement.
Don't get excited, it is not going to happen because it will not get gov't approval period. If buyout happens, YHOO core will not be part of the deal.
I suppose you are just guessing or speculating. Let me know if I am wrong. But your post states "MM is going to announce dividend and buy back", thus you are telling this message board that you have a reliable source.
Very old news buddy. This issue was fully discussed already in the past.
First of all this is very old news. You are way, way behind the block buddy. BABA can't buy YHOO for one big reason; national security. The gov't will not approve it period---the answer is NSA. Forget about BABA buying YHOO.