ARWR working on Hep "C" and TKMR Ebola and cancer applications. Not to be argumentative but it's almost irrelevant at this point. ARWR is valued at 27x's what we are and TKMR 12x's. That's real money, so we can argue all we want about present and future valuations, but right now, those three are the clear market winners in RNAI.
Come on grabbngo.... We're acting here like we've discovered RNAi technology and the reason we're where we are is because it is so new, and nobody is benefiting from the technology yet..
Not true. ALNY is a 6 billion dollar market cap RNAi company. ARWR is an 850 million dollar market cap RNAI company. TKMR is a 360 million dollar RNAI company. We're a 32 million dollar market cap RNAI company at the moment (not including options etc). There are others too. Let's be honest here. We blew the first fastballs thrown right down the middle. We have one more strike left.
What Geert and the company need to do is make sure they are using optimal dosages and the best techniques to get the best results possible, and try and expand the current trials to about 40 subjects.
Then release photos and schedule conferences only as "knock your socks off" results are evident.
No photo analysis should even be attempted for public viewing at any stage shorter than six months, and preferably, nine months.
We don't get a second chance at this gang. It's either it works, and works very very well, or we're
hasta la vista. We have one more chance at the brass ring, and that's it.
A hedge fund hedges their positions by being long and short stocks in the same industries, and sometimes even stocks they are long, in order to reduce portfolio volatility. That's why they are called "hedge" funds.
I sincerely doubt that a $2 stock is part of any hedge fund that anyone here would recognize..
The problem here is not short selling, or short sellers. It's selling per se because of perceived lousy results from our lead drug. Reverse that perception and we'll be above $4.50 in no time...lol!
All you folks keep posting that you're buying as the stock heads lower, yet it keeps hitting new lows .What are you guys buying, 100 shares? Step up and do some real buying. Start with 50k shares!! TIA!
Apparently the FDA hasn't "discovered" PSDV either given it's up .05 before an "FDA Decision"...LOL!
For all of my dear Siga friends here for many years, I wish all of you the best, and hope it all
works out for you. For Siga Board Patrol...Please keep following me around the boards posting thumbs down.
I would frankly kind of miss it now if suddenly you quit doing it!....Kind of like the upstairs girl stalker on "Two and a Half Men"...lol... Until the court appeal is final in about two years, good luck, and goodbye! GL
Obviously the positive Phase 3 news for ZSPH was "leaked" at least a week in advance of the public release, which was made after the close yesterday. Free money trade really. Go short RLYP, and buy ZSPH. Win/win..
Bunch of crooks.... That trade is now obviously over so the RLYP shorts are covering today, and also taking profits in their ZSPH holdings at the same time. Easy money for them. Hope the SEC nails them frankly!
Wonder if the large institutional holders of RLYP, who sold millions of shares in the last few weeks, got wind early of the ZSPH trial results as well? Either that, or they were obviously some very "lucky" sellers....
Nicely done ZSPH. Obviously information was leaked to someone at least an hour before the close resulting in a 4pt move upwards during the last hour of trading. Actual public release came in a PR after the markets closed! Hope the SEC jumps all over this.....
Thanks Silver...Wish frankly it would have been otherwise for the shareholders who have been there a very long time but the handwriting was on the wall the minute the verdict was announced. Now let's see what our Blue can do!!
You are most likely correct re the Phase 2 results. I mispoke. My 2-3 year time horizon was for all trial completions for the scarring indication, including a much larger pivotal Phase 3, enrollment, results, analysis, filing for FDA review and approval, submission of data necessary for that, then the FDA scheduling for panel approval, and finally, committee approval. 2-3 years for full FDA approval I think would be extremely conservative frankly, but I hope you're right!
1. This is a minimum 5-10 year hold.
2. If scarring trials fail this company is BK. Scarring will establish proof of concept plus attract partners to develop the really big winners down the road. Without partners, the money will run dry, and there will definitely not be enough move the pipeline along. Partners aren't going to invest X-USA without the scarring drug working, and we're at least through a US FDA approved clinical approved Phase 2, and show excellent results! This is at least 2-3 years down the road.
3. Revs from the scarring drug will provide the seed money to develop other major products.
4. Not sure the CEO is fully clued in on this dilemma as he is a pure science guy and is obviously
attracted to the company for those reasons. He sounds enthralled with the scientific prospects, but
he might not be the businessman and promoter we need at the helm right about now.
Let's just hope scarring shows better longer term results in the months ahead so we actually have
a product to bring before the FDA for trials. GLTALs....
Kind of a rookie PR response frankly, and full of generalizations. Biotech stocks down across the board in 2014? Like anything else...depends on what you owned. GILD is $105 from $58 in the last year. The company deciding to share the readouts from the first P2 in the fall was not the problem. It was deciding to show a one month comparative picture with placebo that looked no different that was the problem.
I mean what did PR and the company think that the market reaction would be? Positive? LOL!
Until this company has something really exciting and definitive to share with the rest of Wall Street
my suggestion would be for our CEO to spend more time in the labs, and less time at investment conferences.
That is, unless in the last few weeks, he has become extremely proficient in the use of photo shop!.
LOL...(that was a joke)...
It's an interesting dilemma Agen. If a patient can effectively be "cured" for an annual treatment cost of say $800,000, everyone wins. Patient...insurance company...BLUE. If the treatments knock down transfusion rates by as much as 50% or more per year, the cost might be $250,000 per year, but goes on for say 20 years. Either way it's a win/win. The patients...the hosptials.... and the insurance companies...
But the platform remains, and the treatments that could come from that in the future might indeed change the course of how many diseases are treated, and cured, in the decades to follow. That is what I am really hoping for with this particular investment.