Good for you Minnie....I thought long and hard re IDRA and have been in that situation before and fought the urge to hold it after the brief rally from the psorarsis results. Glad I sold but you did better than I on your first batch of sales in the mid 5's... Nice.
You want a small spec biotech that "could be" huge. Read up on RXII. I own it large from around $3.50.
RNAi company with a guru CEO that was one of the major discovers of RNAi. Using their first product to treat surgical scarring. 43% reduction from placebo in Phase 1 trials and no known safety or usuage issues.
Could be a 5 billion dollar worldwide market. Read up on it and let me know your thoughts. Their product is not a delivery system like ALNY or TKMR etc. The drug and the delivery are one and the same using
RXII technology, so it can be systemically potentially used for any number of drugs and treatments, aka
No...the results were very good in the Phase 1 as far as it went and the drug seemed well tolerated as well.
I'm just very skeptical of Phase 1 results, as the trial sample is usually very small, and the patients are sometimes cherry picked, etc. The Phase 2 (or 1a whatever they may call it) will be much more telling
as we'll see the entire spectrum of increased patients; side effects; and effects of varying dosages etc.
If they can repeat the Phase 1 results, or do even better, in a much larger sample size, then we could well
have a huge winner here. I mean a 47% reduction is scarring from the use of a topical cream (or other non invasive application), would become state of the art following surgery very quickly. A huge market potential.
Thanks, but Phase 1 data is almost totally irrelevant unless the drug is flat out toxic. And terms like "dose dependent effects" sound like the release from IDRA after their early psorarsis trial showed lousy efficacy,
but claimed "activity" and "proof of concept".
This proof of concept stuff by some companies is plain BS. In our trial the drug, as delivered, will either show substantial reduced scarring over the norm or non treated group, or it will not. No way to ginger bread that when the results are released. Fingers crossed, and very long.
Hope you bailed on that one. You know I sold at $4.80 and you were kinda critical of that, but
it's not the "real deal" IMHO. Once a drug, or platform, fails the earliest indicated trial for whatever reasons
the company, or message "posters" may tell you, get the heck out. Can't think of an exception. In bios
sometimes your first loss, is your best loss. DRTX will recoup it for yah though!
The nut job(s) here are having a nervous breakdown creating new IDs just about every day and are now copying and posting old posts from either me or Drod on unrelated Siga topics. The person or persons are truly nuts. Mental health is a very serious issue in the US and this Board proves it beyond a doubt. Some here need to be in locked wards...Seriously.
Ymeddyliwr.... First...you need to calm down, relax, and restore brain order. Your anxiety is what those selling short are attempting to cause, so don't play into their hands.
There is nothing wrong whatsoever with DRTX...the company. A secondary offering at some point in time is not "bad". If done at the right price it could be very "good" for the company and its shareholders.
Label restrictions? Definitely . Was already mentioned during the panel meeting. The label will state it is not for pediatric use. It will state it is not for pregnant women. It will state that if you have liver issues you should consult with your physician before taking; The FDA may well require post trial studies involving liver issues.
Black box warning? Are you serious? When did the drug last kill someone? Come on man...read up on what you own...Seriously. Delay of approval? No way. Vote was unanimous to approve by the panel. What would the delay be for? You're starting to sound a bit paranoid frankly.
Have you bothered to look at how the other antibiotic stocks have been trading of late.
TTPH....$17.7 to $9.02
CEMP.... $15.39 to $8.85
AKAO.....$21.25 to $13.30
CBST......$82 to $61.66
Not sure why you would have invested heaving "over time"..."over the years" and ridden out the uncertain times, and now are on the verge of panic just before FDA approval, and a very bright future for the company? That to me is more perplexing than how the stock has performed of late. May I respectfully
suggest that once order is restored and this stock regains its former glory days and you ultimately sell,
that you swear of biotech investing for the remainder of your days! Seriously.
Anybody here still think that the psoriasis trial results had no effect on the recent drop in the share price by 50% from just a few weeks ago? Just wondering.
Craigbarnard... First of all...welcome to the Board.. I have been in this name large since 7. TSRX before that from $4 and it was acquired by CBST for $15 plus...Also own TTPH, CEMP and AKAO in the antibiotic space.
Your post was somewhat confusing frankly. The May 26th PDUFA is all but a formality. The drug already went through FDA panel vote just a few weeks ago with unanimous recommendation to approve. The stock did not rally much on that news, and will not rally much on final FDA approval because that is already assumed. Phase 2 results were a few years ago. I believe you are referring to FDA approval after a Phase 3 is successfully completed. That's a done deal. Only issues before the final FDA committee vote is labeling, and post approval trials. Effectiveness and dosage was already established in the Phase 2 and 3 trials and there is no issue with that either.
This company is not typical. This is no screaming #$%$ shoot pie in the sky cancer or Hep "C" drug. This is a real company with much needed once per week IV induced antibiotic to treat gram positive bacterial infections. IMHO only it is a likely acquisition target, much like TSRX was. Four firms have $18-$20 price targets on it. Just wondering where you might have come upon DRTX?.
Institutions missed on TSRX and will miss on DRTX. Too small of float for them to get involved. This is a retail play for the smart folks, and there aren't a lot of them out there frankly. The stock is worth $18-$22 so at $12 plus, with FDA approval a given, and a 400 million potential market for dalba, the risk reward heavily favors buying now IMHO.
Yes...If only Siga made a smallpox vaccine that would be really relevant. But unfortunately they make
a smallpox antiviral for the limited folks who can't take a vaccine.....
Think most conservative estimates for dalbavancin are in the 400 mil range. Bought more today at
$12.58 and I already own a ton from $7....
Think if you're patient and don't expect $18-$20 within a few months, you will do very well buying at these levels.... You have at least four major firms who think this is a $20 stock. It is. IMHO!!
PIP.... Yes...I called that one exactly right by the way. You can go back years and read all my posts on the subject. My thesis was that Pip would win the lawsuit against Siga. No doubt about it. And I was dead right.
Problem was the markets perceived winning 50% of St-246 wasn't worth much, and Pip stock basically went down after the verdict. I bought Siga big when the Barda contracts were confirmed and the company was looking at 3 billion plus in revenues for the contract, plus options. Paid as high as $15 for this POS. Then CMRX challenged the contract and Siga said no big deal and they were taking the "high ground" in the dispute. Few months later the option part of the Barda contract was gonzo by BARDA, thanks to good attorneys for CMRX, and our high ground approach to the dispute.. Before that Rose and his gang were selling millions of dollars worth of stock as soon as the ink dried on their certificates. They dumped while I was buying more. In fact, I probably was buying their stock...LOL!. Next came the legistlative actions that the contracts were basically given as a favor to Siga based on conflicts of interest. Reps Issa and Sen. McCaskill. Stock tanked to $5-$6. I got out. Huge loss for me. Made it all back in the following years on bios that I bought and posted here. TSRX from $4 to $16 in a buyout by CBST. Many others as well.
End of my story. And yours? LOL!
LOL...Maybe yah think someone knew this research report might be coming out? Oh well...the poor guy
or gal ended up just breaking even, or holding the bag for now too! "A" for effort I guess!
Beav...You're wasting your time here posting facts or logic. The average IQ here is about 83, and that's a liberal calculation. Why else would someone buy and hold this POS for years while the market continues to hit new record highs, and this one is hitting new lows? Ignorance, stupidity and stubbornness is a bad combination to have to get you through life.
This is good makea because they are a respected bio research firm. Their recent negative report on IDRA's psoriasis trial tanked the stock before the results, and they were dead on too.... Nice to have them on our side frankly!
I don't mean to "bash" Eduardo. In fact, I owned IDRA up until just recently. Almost 70k shares from a $4.35 avg.....Watched it go up....watched it go down, then sold it all at $4.78 and did "ok".
I've seen these types of Boards where the longs are almost rabid and cult like to the extent that
anything remotely questioning their investment thesis is considered "bashing". Being part of the "team" I guess is comforting to some when their stock is tanking.
One needs to be remindful of the fact, however, that this stock sold as low as .45 within the last year. There is some big money behind it now, but any long should take a gander at the stock capitalization and outstanding warrants that have been issued to that "big money". You might conclude, as I have, that we're not all in the same boat here frankly. Those guys could come out smelling like a rose with this stock half of where it is at today, and the rest of us would be wiped out. So let's at least be honest here.
As for the science...time will tell. I think the posture of the longs here though that the psoriasis trials are really not all that important, is dead wrong, and truly misguided. No matter what was published, the early psoriasis trial results were a dismal failure. As for establishing "proof of concept"? All those trials established was that there was some clinical "activity" in the drug...not a lot more. To jump from there to it will work for B cell Lymphomas is so absurd, its insane. With that said, I am not totally discounting that higher dosages, and perhaps longer trials, might be the key to more successful results. I will await those results before getting back into the stock. I would frankly rather pay $10 and buy a known winner, rather than $3.77 based on the
trial results we know to date. GL to you and other longs here.