Another day where the market is up 1.5% and GPT is down 1%... Institutional ownership is up in the stock, Yet the "size and scale" was quoted as adding stability to the stock price.
Wouldn't hitting 11.28 like Brad Thomas's article mentions be something management would want to get their 25mil bonus? Even if they want the second tier bonus, it still has to hit 9.40 by June 30th
With the first decent day in the market, GPT has suffered a 2.5% drop 3 days before the 7.50 PUT options are in the money... is this the catalyst or is there tremendous uncertainty surrounding the benefits of this consolidating REIT? Thoughts?
It's not entirely the worst time to be purchasing with low rate, unsecured ,fixed rate debt to increase NOI on long term lease tenants ... We have yet to see impact of mg&a and what the dividend rate will be... There's been a lot of darkness since the merger, and for something that's accretive, I've never been so uncertain about something I felt certain with... I'll hold my position but the volatility and the fight this stock puts up to go higher, and the liberal and readily sellers pushing the stock down makes me wonder about shareholder sentiment. They have a January update on their site, check it out, half a billion in depositions in the next 3 months ...
I think we should vastly minimize our exposure to office, whilst reducing marginally our bank properties....what bewilders me is the share price and its lackluster emphasis on the transactional success... Looks like someone is trying to cash in on their short 7.50 options here....
Before GPT merged and before the split, the stock had hit 7.50... After the 4:1 reverse split and the 3.1898 shares, the equivalent price to the 7.50 that the old GPT price maxed out at is 9.40.... We are no where near that, which makes me wonder how this is accretive and no recognition is being paid.
The pre merger pre split stock value is 6.06 as of today's closing.... And that is a full 1.44 less than the max of 7.50 for long time GPT share holders .... Someome show me how the stock will fair better with hostile market conditions now that the business is larger, in the near term. I'm desperately hoping the stock hits 10 by June 30th not only for my sake but for management to get their bonus. This will enable me to leave behind my peasant corporate pay of 100k a year and finally bring funds into a business I've been waiting patiently through all my 20s to save up for. its sad I won't get married, have kids, or settle down for 3 years after my business starts.... Think I might just throw the whole family plan put the window and live the bachelor life if this doesn't work out lol
Sentiment: Strong Buy