"I think that the odds of a buyout will actually IMPROVE as the stock price either stabilizes or goes up"
Funny thing about stock price is that it also boosts confidence for Violin's customers.. Psychology 101.
I have no reason not to trust management, their projections have been highly accurate.. Don't forget, they already had 1/3 Q3 on the books already when they projected the 10% increase. Time to stop being negative bro.
VMEM is now a growth stock, +10% on a quarterly run basis at least.. We know management has been conservative in the past so that could easily turn into 15-20%.. Remember, CAGR for the SSA market is 60-70% through 2017.
Made a quick 10% on my TSLA short (margin included) now waiting for the right time to buy me some more VMEM.. I love it when things work out as planned :)
"What to do now? hold or sell."
I sold, then sold short $TSLA (not $VMEM).. I plan to cover and go long $VMEM again Monday, I still love what I'm seeing but a pullback is overdue and the market is taking a slightly negative turn. Still don't think this affects $VMEM for long, if at all.. Just taking advantage of the SELL signal in $TSLA.
Watch it happen.. margin calls comin boys.
Why are you still here?? Downside "resistance" is called support jack wad.
"most have tanked in price before buyout"
Dude pay attention, VMEM was trading at about 50% discount to the IPO price earlier today.. How much more should it tank before buyout based on your insightful wisdom?
The tables have turned and shorts gettin burned and obviously they aren't happy about it..
Should I start calling them out by name like they did to me?? Stoop to their level?
I'm not trying to start a rumor, but FIO did the same thing climbing for no apparent reason right before SNDK bought them out.. Perhaps somebody knows something, us little people are always the last to find out.
Hmmm.... what is going on??
History does not always repeat, previously the guidance was flat and now they are guiding for growth. Will the growth be enough with the new product offerings? That is the million dollar question.
BOFA and PC didn't give any ratings, they reiterated.. and BOFA even increased their PT. I'm not arguing with anybody the market has spoken apparently I was wrong.
Pippy understand the difference, I day traded OCZ.. I'm invested in VMEM. The future is not 100% certain, but they have a real chance of a turnaround with new products and widespread adoption of AFAs in the market happening now. I never told anybody they should invest long term in OCZ, in fact I warned against doing that.
"if you have firm sales in Q3 you don't need new sales force now would you?"
Pipsqueak I can't believe you actually wrote this, they are hiring people because they are selling more product... 9% increase in product revenue q/q and expected to be at least this much again in Q3.
So you need to have this dumbed down for you?? They are selling more product and need more employees to handle the increase. Wow.
Bashers and shorts are jumping for joy that numbers are in line with what were expected, and don't seem to care that forecast is higher.. What will they do when PTs and revenue forecasts get raised by analysts??
The only surprise was they are planning to increase head count in Sales to accommodate the growth they are seeing in Q3.